OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 73.
#1 4 years ago

OK, no more of this Home Edition crap. We are a collector community and want the full featured game!

Rumors are that the next Cornerstone (e.g. Pro, Prem, LE) Stern is still coming this summer and likely in the next month.

Elwin has been joking about 2 weeks, and many have rumored that he is up next.
The largest rumor is for Jurassic World, but I still hear others saying Jaws or Bill and Ted.

What do you say Pinside?
What is coming next?
When will it be announced?
Who is designer and who is lead code?

*Moderator note: please stop changing the thread topic, we do not want threads to have rolling topics that change each day. Thank you.*

#2 4 years ago

Likely will be Jurassic World.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Likely will be Jurassic World.

Elwin?

If so, we assume at least 3 flippers.

Feels like a tall order to make another Jurassic game, cause you at minimum need a super cool toy (not a common thing on Stern but maybe BKsor has provided new light for interesting mechs?)

#4 4 years ago

Other possibilities I have heard include

Godzilla
TMNT
BTTF
Stranger Things

I gotta say that I am just happy with all these rumors and that we are talking about themes that are not complete meh for me!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Godzilla
TMNT
BTTF
Stranger Things
I gotta say that I am just happy with all these rumors and that we are talking about themes that are not complete meh for me!

I’d be ecstatic for TMNT, BTTF or a Stranger Things. I’d lose my mind, money and wife lol

#6 4 years ago

Breaking Bad

#7 4 years ago

I believe my avatar tells what I want someday.
The King of the Monsters: GODZILLA

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’d be ecstatic for TMNT, BTTF or a Stranger Things. I’d lose my mind, money and wife lol

worth it

#9 4 years ago

Jaws

#10 4 years ago

I heard a rumor of Deadpool home edition, Stern would like to offer additional lower priced entry level pins. Any truth to this?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I heard a rumor of Deadpool home edition, Stern would like to offer additional lower priced entry level pins. Any truth to this?

I put a prediction one would drop in the next 2 years in the next Stern pin thread, but I have heard nothing concrete. I would think they would let their SW stew for atleast a few months before introducing competition.

#12 4 years ago

BTTF would be my first NIB pin.

#13 4 years ago

Game announcement is tomorrow according to other threads?

#14 4 years ago

yur all wrong.. its clearly dinosaurs and monster trucks (but really its JP)

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I put a prediction one would drop in the next 2 years in the next Stern pin thread, but I have heard nothing concrete. I would think they would let their SW stew for atleast a few months before introducing competition.

Especially when Dead Pool Home comes out and it has the same layout at Star Wars Home...

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Game announcement is tomorrow according to other threads?

Yeah, rumors are announcement this week with delivery around end of August.

#17 4 years ago

How did this JP rumor start? That would be pretty shocking. JW isnt special though so good for them if they pulled it off. Chris Pratt and his blue dinosaurs are no Alan Grant and Ian Malcom.

JW pro/premium
JP LE. With OG cabinet and a few special touches would be neat to see

#18 4 years ago

Elwin has been hinting at JP lately.. unless he's messing with us to through everyone off, which I wouldn't be surprised either.

#19 4 years ago

If Elwin is up next then what’s happened to Brian Eddy?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

IF Elwin is doing JP next and IF TMNT is getting made could we be fortunate enough to get a Zombie Yeti, Brian Eddy Turtles game in January?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

IF Elwin is doing JP next and IF TMNT is getting made could we be fortunate enough to get a Zombie Yeti, Brian Eddy Turtles game in January?

Whatever he’s working on he’s had longer than almost everyone but Steve Ritchie to get it made so I’m hoping on something truly special which wouldn’t surprise me based on all his past games providing Sterns bean counters down squeeze all the creativity out of his game!

#22 4 years ago

Question Whysnow: Of all the possible themes you listed, which do you think would do best on location?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

IF TMNT is getting made could we be fortunate enough to get a Zombie Yeti, Brian Eddy Turtles game in January?

I certainly hope not.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Question Whysnow: Of all the possible themes you listed, which do you think would do best on location?

Stranger things! By far based on theme alone. not even a question in my mind. I dont watch it, but I hear people talk about it enough to know it is hot right now.

Aside form that, I think B&T and Jurassic are good also as they hit the right amount of old duded like us will dig it plus new kids are into that 90s nostalgia.

Honestly if it has a cool toy, then JP could do very well.
Toy = bring in noobs
Dinosaurs are cool no matter what so license means less
JP = hot for old dude nostalgia
JP/JW new movie coming out at some point so work that angle
Also, original JP game was reasonably popular so people that are none pinheads will remember it.

The TOY will be very important for a new JP to be good more than the first month.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Godzilla
TMNT
BTTF
Stranger Things

BTTF would be a must buy!
But I’d love to see some newer themes and maybe some R rated pins that could sit next to TWD, John Wick, Dredd, SAW is perfect for playfield toys/mechs.

The money marvel is making these days I’m surprised we haven’t seen a new marvel/avengers pin, I’d buy an infinity war/endgame pin for the family in a heart beat and surely it would earn on location?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, original JP game was reasonably popular so people that are none pinheads will remember it.

Didn’t they sell like 9,000 of them? I’d say that the original JP was extremely popular.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You would think Eddy is next but last few months, chat seems to say Elwin plus Dinosaurs!

Guess we find out tomorrow.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn’t they sell like 9,000 of them? I’d say that the original JP was extremely popular.

I guess it is all relative.

20k TAF
original JP attempted to copy it and sold <half.

I mean, that is a butt load in todays #s so a very well known game from the 90s

#29 4 years ago

I wish Stern had the desire to do more original IPs.
I get why licensed themes make more sense for pinball these days, financially.
But Dialed In was a breath of fresh air, and even if you didn't like the theme, you've got to give JJP credit for taking the chance.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I wish Stern had the desire to do more original IPs.
I get why licensed themes make more sense for pinball these days, financially.
But Dialed In was a breath of fresh air, and even if you didn't like the theme, you've got to give JJP credit for taking the chance.

Yeah, but they picked a meh theme and failed to properly sell it to people. Dialed In is a fine game, despite the theme. (Would it really have been so much to make Dialed In about a superhero saving a town from destruction instead of just some random city employee answering a phone?) Sure, I'll give them credit for trying...but their attempt really fucked themselves over with lackluster sales solely because of the theme they created.

At least with deeproot doing RAZA they hit on a couple of broad themes that resonate a lot better.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Chris Pratt and his blue dinosaurs are no Alan Grant and Ian Malcom.

That's true, but there hasn't been a great JP film since the original. Jurassic World was IMHO the second best film in the franchise. Not great, but the others were pretty bad. Either way hopefully the theme is essentially just there to establish a modern day world with dinosaurs. I'd prefer they don't try to follow the film too closely.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That's true, but there hasn't been a great JP film since the original. Jurassic World was IMHO the second best film in the franchise. Not great, but the others were pretty bad. Either way hopefully the theme is essentially just there to establish a modern day world with dinosaurs. I'd prefer they don't try to follow the film too closely.

From best to worst:

Jurassic Park
Jurassic World
Jurassic Park 2
Jurassic Park 3
Lego Jurassic Word: The Indominus Escape
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Fight me pinside.

#33 4 years ago

My money is on Jurassic Park! I just canceled my Wonka CE order in hopes that this is the case.

#34 4 years ago

I’m personally hearing Jurassic world when I asked around just now. Sure hope not also heard tomorrow is release date. So time will tell!

#35 4 years ago

I think they should do a home edition of Tron......That would piss everyone off and give them something to bitch about.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think they should do a home edition of Tron......That would piss everyone off and give them something to bitch about.

Home edition WITH EL ramp lights

#37 4 years ago

I’m hoping for a pro / premium / LE more cosmetic difference (see Star Trek) rather than a hugely different game experience (see GoT).

#38 4 years ago

According to this week in pinball look like it is strongly leaning towards Jurrasic Park as the theme. Keith Elwin's game

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/

#40 4 years ago

I'm tiring of music/superhero themes.

As a big fisherman...We have a bass fishing pin, who's with me for an offshore fishing theme?!? *crickets*

I'm SURE I'm the only one, but I'd love it.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm tiring of music/superhero themes.
As a big fisherman...We have a bass fishing pin, who's with me for an offshore fishing theme?!? *crickets*
I'm SURE I'm the only one, but I'd love it.

Maybe this would work! Imagine the amazing Joe Pesci callouts!!

6355E4C6-02FB-4367-A3A3-0D27278B46F1 (resized).jpeg6355E4C6-02FB-4367-A3A3-0D27278B46F1 (resized).jpeg
#42 4 years ago

I was pretty excited to hear that we might be getting an updated "Jurassic Park". But, rumors are this will be Jaws.

#43 4 years ago

Well, we know they sniped the Godzilla license so I'm guessing if it's not next, it will be the fall release...

Jaz

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

According to this week in pinball look like it is strongly leaning towards Jurrasic Park as the theme. Keith Elwin's game
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/

I’ll take Jurassic Park with Elwin designing that means upper flipper/s and toys changing state sound pretty cool, if it’s as good as maiden but with interactive toys/mechs this should be good!

Plus Jurrasic Park is far greater than Jurassic World, seen the original hundreds of times and I know I wouldn’t get bored of seeing that on the lcd!

#45 4 years ago

This week in pinball podcast, seemed pretty set on jurasic park.
A rewamp of LOTR with the same kind of integration as hobbit with better art then the original would be great.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Well, we know they sniped the Godzilla license so I'm guessing if it's not next, it will be the fall release...
Jaz

Stern snipes LOTS of licenses. UNfortunately it seems to be a big part of their business model to just lock up licenses they think would be good or in some cases just to take passion projects away form others.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern snipes LOTS of licenses. UNfortunately it seems to be a big part of their business model to just lock up licenses they think would be good or in some cases just to take passion projects away form others.

Stern seems to have a lot of licenses under their stable. I wonder if they're actually signing license deals with intent to manufacture, optioning the licenses for rights of first refusal, or if they work with an agency that provides a list of licenses for Stern to choose from.

I'm curious about that process and the costs involved. It sounds like a licenses costs $100-250k spread out over a production run. Surely Stern isn't throwing that money away on licenses to sit on out of spite?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Stern seems to have a lot of licenses under their stable. I wonder if they're actually signing license deals with intent to manufacture, optioning the licenses for rights of first refusal, or if they work with an agency that provides a list of licenses for Stern to choose from.
I'm curious about that process and the costs involved. It sounds like a licenses costs $100-250k spread out over a production run. Surely Stern isn't throwing that money away on licenses to sit on out of spite?

all I know is what I have been told by others in the industry.

Summary of what I have been told how it allegedly works. Makes sense to me, so I have always believed it

Stern is big enough that companies often want to have them produce a machine.
Stern uses this to acquire licenses with the option to produce and many times has zero intention of actually making the game, but the cost to maintain is so cheap that they are willing to accept that cost to do business.

Since they make games that are often holder of many licenses held by one company, those companies are happy to left them sit on some while producing others.

License holders often see an interest in making a game from a smaller company and then run to Stern and offer it up for more money.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all I know is what I have been told by others in the industry.
Summary of what I have been told how it allegedly works. Makes sense to me, so I have always believed it
Stern is big enough that companies often want to have them produce a machine.
Stern uses this to acquire licenses with the option to produce and many times has zero intention of actually making the game, but the cost to maintain is so cheap that they are willing to accept that cost to do business.
Since they make games that are often holder of many licenses held by one company, those companies are happy to left them sit on some while producing others.
License holders often see an interest in making a game from a smaller company and then run to Stern and offer it up for more money.

Cool thanks. That's sorta what I assumed was happening. It's just crazy how many licenses allegedly are attached to Stern without a peep about them.

Kudos to Jersey Jack getting in there with Disney. It'd be a shame if Stern had the entire Disney behemoth under their umbrella.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

who's with me for an offshore fishing theme?!? *crickets*

I'm with ya.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.