8%

(248 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

simpsons colordmd.jpg
P1012241.JPG
image.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Congo would be sweet, but I'm going with Indiana Jones. I really should grab one of these for my Creech. I saw one in an Adams over the weekend and I have to admit it looked sweet as hell. Wonder if they'll ever make it down the list to Demo Man.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

I would be happy with any title announcement, any guesses on when that may be?

I hear from a very unreliable source who 60% of the time is right 100% of the time, that the next ColorDMD title is definitely going to be Stern Mustang.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I agree with you 100% on TZ in white looks amazing.

I'll take red over the white in TZ. Though in my picture, I have a red Mylar overlay from Marco over the orange plasma display. Recently, I put a ColorDMD Sigma in Judge Dredd and I am really digging the blue.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/eL9-SkDFu34?autoplay=1&rel=0

P1012241.JPGP1012241.JPG
#54 10 years ago

Don't forget Junkyard. You may not appreciate the game, but a color DMD would really set it off nicely, just as it has done for all the other B/W games. Sweetness!! Keep them coming!!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

I hear from a very unreliable source who 60% of the time is right 100% of the time, that the next ColorDMD title is definitely going to be Stern Mustang.

That would be one title that would shock me, if done next.

#56 10 years ago

TZ please The black and white version looks cool but a full color one would be amazing. Please ColorDMD make it happens for one of the most popular pins of all time.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

Mustang! The 8 owners would be thrilled .. (saw that in another post, so disclaimer that I totally copied that here).

#58 10 years ago

Does ColorDMD have some sort of request page to see how many people want a certain title? I'll put in a vote for Demo Man.

#59 10 years ago

I wonder when we will see a Stern title get colorized.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I wonder when we will see a Stern title get colorized.

I've emailed the guys at ColorDMD to offer my assistance. I'd love to help get a Stern done.

#61 10 years ago

Not sure if they will ever colorize a DE game. Ifso, I would love to see TFTC in full color. Awesome game that would be better with all the blood colored in red.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Ifso, I would love to see TFTC in full color.

+1^^ GnR also.

#64 10 years ago

If DE, don't laugh but Rocky&Bullwinkle...one day? Its a cartoon, it should be color!! Shouldn't it?

#65 10 years ago

I love Rocky and Bullwinkle! Used to love the cartoon as a kid. I'd like to see ColorDMD pull a rabbit outta their hat and make that one.

#66 10 years ago

First title for Stern (Simpsons)

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I love rocky and bullwinkle! Used to love the cartoon as a kid. I'd like to see ColorDMD pull a rabbit outta their hat and make that one.

I bought the Rocky and Bullwinkle television series as a DVD set to watch with my 12 and 9 year olds at the age of 53. The humor is sometimes at an adult level and highly political of the times, Mr Peabody and his Boy Sherman with the waybac machine are one of my favorites. It happens to be the best aspect of the DE pinball game too. Waybac too cool..... My kids tell me the new movie just out recently is funny too. Same as it ever was....

#68 10 years ago

I watched plenty of Rocky and Bullwinkle when I was a kid. But without Mr. Peabody I think they might have been lost.

#69 10 years ago

My brother and I tied up some clothes in handkerchiefs and just left home one day after Mr. Know it All taught us. " How to be a Hobo". Thank God we lived in a rural area. My mom says we got a few miles down the road before an uncle spotted us while driving home from work.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

My brother and I tied up some clothes in handkerchiefs and just left home one day after Mr. Know it All taught us. " How to be a Hobo". Thank God we lived in a rural area. My mom says we got a few miles down the road before an uncle spotted us while driving home from work.

#71 10 years ago

I vote for Indy...the modes will look amazing - Monkey Brains, Streets of Cairo, Mine Cart.....hope they don't forget the frog bonus!

#72 10 years ago

I don't think they should ever do one for LOTR. That DMD matches the color scheme of the rest of the game perfectly.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

none of the above. My write in- FISHTALES

Quoted from Whysnow:

roadshow, Congo, FishTales are all ones I would buy.

Quoted from murdock:

Would love to see a Fish Tales.

Put me down for a FT as well. The Video Mode, Monster Fish, Rock the Boat, and Feeding Freenzy animations have great potential!

#74 10 years ago

Bump for more votes.

#75 10 years ago

It won't let me vote for IJ again. This is BS!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 10 years ago

Need to add FT and Congo to poll

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from matthewra:

FT and Congo to poll

Can't add to the poll. Plus I do not see those in the next 8 colored ROM released.
Just my opinion.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from shawngg:

Or LOTR

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can't add to the poll. Plus I do not see those in the next 8 colored ROM released.
Just my opinion.

I would assume FT is very near done because I was working on it at one point. I had a contract to do so, but was not making quick enough progress for the team so I had to give it up so someone else could work on it.

My contract was through early summer (and I would have been done by then likely), so I can only assume that someone else promised to produce it quicker than what I was going to get it done?

Hopefully both it and Congo are just around the corner as both would be great titles to colorize.

#80 10 years ago

Because this thread is about the next release, the logical release seems to be Indy or TZ.
It would be nice if 2 releases started to happen with outside help. Definitely would be a sales generator for sure.

#81 10 years ago

Based on production numbers and current increase in popularity along with great animations, FT seems the most logical to generate sales?

#82 10 years ago

FT is not on wanted to play list. I am actually surprised that the TOTAN release came before Indy and TZ.

#83 10 years ago

FT has 546 owners on pinside.

IJ has 612 owners on pinside.

Seems to me like it FT has plenty of potential customers and more made than IJ. Maybe it is just me but the animations on IJ dont seem to need colorizing to me. FT animations seem built for color, esp with the already colorful pf and cab art.

#84 10 years ago

TZ has 1295 owners on Pinside, as I am one of them.
I do not have an Indy, but I put my vote on it over TZ. Just a feeling I have, as well as the other 52 voters do.

#85 10 years ago

I am not doubting FT can be released soon, just don't see it being the next one in June.

#86 10 years ago

Yeah, I do not personally see TZ as being worth colorizing just because the white sigma looks so good already.

I am in the camp that thinks a black/white show fits either the standard orange DMD or a white display.

#87 10 years ago

I prefer red on my TZ over white.

#88 10 years ago

Really hoping that WCS actually makes the cut. Love that game, and color would look great on it.

#89 10 years ago

I think red looks better than orange on TZ. But white with upscaling just flat out rocks

#90 10 years ago

Based on quantity produced and the current market value (which makes it easier to justify the $400 ColorDMD as a percentage of your investment), I'd think IJ & TZ make the most sense.

Personally, I'd also like to see Road Show, Judge Dredd and WCS94 at some point in the future, but I can certainly see them not being a priority.

As I've stated before, It would be great to see Randy open up the colorization to the community with an downloadable toolkit and his own "App Store", complete with rating system, etc.

As far as Stern colorization, my first vote would be for the Playboy 2002 title, but with only about 1,400 units produced, I'm not holding my breath....

-Brian

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from shawngg:

This

#92 10 years ago

Shooting the wolves in BSD video mode would be awesome in color!

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I don't think the color DMD would physically fit in CV. I always seem to knock it with the Playfield when I raise and lower. It's a tight fit as it is.

It would, but only the other way around: The ColorDMD needs to be pushed up towards the backbox. But you would have to cut the hole in the backbox & cab bigger to make the TFT fit.

Apart from that CV would benefit especially well from a ColorDMD as the game is just bursting with colors and the DMD ist always in your view while playing.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm waiting for roadshow in color!! Lots of great animation there.

me too, would love to see the police car getting bulldozered in COLOR. I´d actually buy a ColorDMD for my Roadshow before I´d buy the one for my SS.......

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would assume FT is very near done because I was working on it at one point.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am not doubting FT can be released soon, just don't see it being the next one in June.

So do ya'll think that FT is something that may happen this year? Merry Christmas to me! "Gone color, leave a message."

#96 9 years ago

Basically, we can expect minimum of 3 releases this year in June, Sept, and Dec.
I can see the first 2 being TZ and Indy, but who knows in which order.
The last one this year could really be anything else from Catcus Canyon, FT, to Shadow, Judge Dredd, or even a Stern machine.

I am hoping that ColorDMD has enough outside help now to get more than one done every 3 months.
All is speculation until it is officially announced.

#97 9 years ago

FT, DRWho, RS, Congo.

#98 9 years ago

Randy mentioned a while ago that they seem to sell about the same amount of each title, regardless of production quantity of the original game. That may have changed since he mentioned it (it's been at least a year) but I figured I'd throw that in for all you people quoting production numbers.

He also mentioned that TZ wasn't on the radar any time soon due to the high amount of randomness with the display that made it difficult to do. Again, this was over a year ago (TPF 2013), so maybe that's changed.

#99 9 years ago

As long as FT is on the to-do list for the color DMD, I'm a happy man. When it finally comes available, I'll be one of the 1st of many in line. I have a couple spots on my original DMD that are out at the moment, but it's not too noticeable unless your as OCD as me. I'll just wait for the color ones to come out instead of buying another.

#100 9 years ago

Just because a colorized ROM is not available yet for the game you want, don't let that hold you back from buying and installing a Sigma display now. The firmware can be upgraded once it is available. I have Sigma 2.4 running light blue in my Judge Dredd. Link on page 1. Upscaling is just awesome. I'll enjoy it until the colored ROM is available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 24.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.50
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-colordmd-release-after-totan/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.