8%

(248 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

simpsons colordmd.jpg
P1012241.JPG
image.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

TOTAN is now old news. What is your vote for the next ColorDMD release?
I suspect it will be Indy. By my calculations, the release will be middle of June.

#2 10 years ago

I can tell you it won't be Shadow as much as I'd love to see that.

#3 10 years ago

Has to be TZ… one of the most popular titles out there.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Has to be TZ… one of the most popular titles out there.

So is Indy. I have a TZ, but not an Indy. I'm feeling Indy on this one.

#5 10 years ago

I think it will be TZ. I have a nagging suspicion that Metallica is a good candidate due to the popularity, though. I am, however, hoping for Indy!

#6 10 years ago

Is TOTAN now available for purchase? Any ide how much?

#7 10 years ago

who does these again? Having a massive brain fart here

#8 10 years ago

It is a shame that Stern doesn't start using a ColorDMD in the LE/Premium games as they ship. I think it would boost their sales even more.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Available since the end of March. Purchase a Sigma display and download what ever color ROM you want.
http://shop.colordmd.com/

#10 10 years ago

IJ for me.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The displays are for purchase. The multicolor roms for each game are free. You just have to wait for them to code and release the program for your specific game. Otherwise it's just mono color.

#12 10 years ago

I just voted for IJ. All of those video modes make it the ultimate next candidate for colorization.

I have a TZ too, but I'm thinking about getting ColorDMD's Sigma display, setting it to the HD mode (I think that's what they call it) and setting it to white. I think this will simulate a black-and-white TV which fits with the TZ theme better than colorization in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

I just voted for IJ. All of those video modes make it the ultimate next candidate for colorization.
I have a TZ too, but I'm thinking about getting ColorDMD's Sigma display, setting it to the HD mode (I think that's what they call it) and setting it to white. I think this will simulate a black-and-white TV which fits with the TZ theme better than colorization in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you 100% on TZ in white looks amazing.

I also voted for Indy because, hell, who doesn't want this in color. It has great animations

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Available since the end of March. Purchase a Sigma display and download what ever color ROM you want.
http://shop.colordmd.com/

Thanks Maniac

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

I agree with you about TZ. I did not think it went well with TOTAN. Not sure why can't put my finger on it. I would like to see some integration with the new STREN STAR TREK . Do not see that happening but its a thought.

#16 10 years ago

I had the mono color Sigma in TOTAN for a while and I definitely agree. It just didn't look right in any of the colors. Looks ace with the color ROM, though

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I have a nagging suspicion that Metallica is a good candidate due to the popularity, though.

No Sterns happening yet, I'd let that suspicion rest for a while. Metallica dots would be sweet. Pointless to do it before the code is more final anyways.

#18 10 years ago

IJ is sorely overdue.

#19 10 years ago

That makes sense, Aurich. I guess you can't program a color dot show if it's changing on you.

All the better for Indy, then!

#20 10 years ago

Tron for me

#21 10 years ago

Yup IJ all the way !! This game would look sweet as he'll with some color . TZ to me would be kind of a waste because I think it looks sweet with the display in white . Just my opinion

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Installed this exact description a few weeks ago. Looks great. The Addams Family I bought a few weeks ago already had an old color dmd installed. Very nice but I wish it had the HD settings.

#23 10 years ago

I would be surprised if TZ is not the next color DMD title. That one and Indy are probably the next two. I personally would like to see Shadow, JM or Indy500..... hopefully someday.

#24 10 years ago

Judge Dredd is my hope. Great DMD animations and the machine itself is so colorful.

#25 10 years ago

Yeah, Judge Dredd never looked so good.
I like the blue more than the yellow. Sigma is just awesome in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aD37t1WXjb8?autoplay=1&rel=0

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eL9-SkDFu34?autoplay=1&rel=0

#26 10 years ago

Yeah IJ would be great… I have both TZ and IJ so either would be fine for me..

#27 10 years ago

none of the above. My write in- FISHTALES

#28 10 years ago

Just picked my Indy up today. It's been a year long hunt! I would be stoked for it, but my wallet could use a little time to recover!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#29 10 years ago

awe man why isn't spidey on that vote list!! they could do some great things with the animation in SM

#30 10 years ago

Tron

#31 10 years ago

Shadow has to be next!!!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Shadow has to be next!!!

Sure will be, but after this long list of games...

Indy J, TZ, Judge Dredd, LOTR, Metallica, Star Trek, Pinball Magic, then the Shadow and Road show.

That is my prediction. That will take us through to Dec 2015

#33 10 years ago

Another write-in for TRON...

#34 10 years ago

Dont forget b/w CV, Safecracker, NGG, HSG2 and CC
Sterns top machines and LEs should have the option of color DMD. Color DMDs make the appeal much greater.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My write in- FISHTALES

This and Doctor Who!

#36 10 years ago

I'd rather focus on all the Williams Bally's DMDs first then go to Data East/Sega/Stern.

#37 10 years ago

Wasn't there an issue CV DMD placement? I didn't think the color DMD would fit

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Wasn't there an issue CV DMD placement? I didn't think the color DMD would fit

Yeah, the ColorDMD isn't the same aspect ratio as a plasma DMD, it's 16:9, not 4. The extra screen is hidden fine behind a speaker panel, you don't see it unless you open your game up, but with the way CV is designed I doubt there's a way to fit it. Unless maybe you could have the screen sticking down out of the playfield with a tweak in the ROM to shift the display pixels to the top. Dunno if that's possible or not.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

This and Doctor Who!

Never really thought about Doctor Who in color. That really would look awesome.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Dont forget Safecracker.

Pretty sure ColorDMD won't fit in SC with all the special coin dispenser stuff in that backbox.

Also sure that they won't be doing a ColorDMD for RFM.

#41 10 years ago

It would be a lot of fun to work on the TRON software. How tough is it to work with the software to do a color DMD?

#43 10 years ago

I'm waiting for Roadshow in color!! Lots of great animation there.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Judge Dredd is my hope. Great DMD animations and the machine itself is so colorful.

I have been hoping for the same. But now that Shadow is sitting next to it, I would like to see them both colorized. I would click on buy it now for either and or both of these titles.

#45 10 years ago

RoadShow, Congo, FishTales are all ones I would buy.

I was working on FishTales but was not making progress quick enough for the team and got the boot. I can only assume that means it will be done by/before June since my contract was through June and I would have gotten it done by then if I had not been asked to give it up.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, the ColorDMD isn't the same aspect ratio as a plasma DMD, it's 16:9, not 4. The extra screen is hidden fine behind a speaker panel, you don't see it unless you open your game up, but with the way CV is designed I doubt there's a way to fit it. Unless maybe you could have the screen sticking down out of the playfield with a tweak in the ROM to shift the display pixels to the top. Dunno if that's possible or not.

I don't think the color DMD would physically fit in CV. I always seem to knock it with the Playfield when I raise and lower. It's a tight fit as it is.

#47 10 years ago

NGG would be a great title for a color DMD. It has such colorful art I think the DMD would compliment it nicely.

#48 10 years ago

I know it would likely never, ever happen, but I would totally dig Color DMD for Avengers.

#49 10 years ago

Would love to see a Fish Tales.

#50 10 years ago

I would be happy with any title announcement, any guesses on when that may be?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
£ 110.00
$ 45.00
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 24.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-colordmd-release-after-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.