(Topic ID: 43048)

Next ColorDMD... It's WHITE WATER!!!! See it at the Texas Pinball Festival!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

ColorDMD is excited to announce that we will be previewing a new multicolor replacement display for White Water pinball machines at the Texas Pinball Festival on March 15-17. The display will be available for play in the Elevation Games booth along with the full ColorDMD lineup including Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness, The Addams Family, and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Special thanks to Marc Oradat for making this happen!

This marks ColorDMD's fifth muticolor display since the company's first product release in April, 2012. Randy Perlow will present a seminar at 7:30pm Saturday, March 16 which will highlight the company's products, technology, and evolution. Randy will also discuss how games are colored and give a glimpse into the company's future direction. We hope you can join us!

If you are interested in the ColorDMD replacement display for White Water, please join our mailing list or update your notification preferences on our website at

http://www.colordmd.com

#2 6 years ago

YUP JUST SAW THAT !!!! WOOP WOOP ! WHITE WATER

#3 6 years ago

Oh man, I was within days of putting up my wh2o to get an acdc. This news may have saved the Bigfoot.

#4 6 years ago

Woohoo! This will give me reason to finally finish my playfield swap (1.5 years running )

#5 6 years ago

I got the email letting me know that White Water was next. Then I go to the colordmd.com website and it shows Twilight Zone as well. However it looked like the image they showed for TZ was in black and white. I know a lot of people were thinking TZ would look good black and white. And I don't necessarily disagree but I think it would look FANTASTIC in color especially lost in the zone!

#6 6 years ago

Nice pick. I'd think a color DMD would look great on Wh20

#7 6 years ago

Fantastic! Hoping that Fish Tales will be getting the color treatment soon. She's gonna be jealous of her colorized sister sitting next to her.

#8 6 years ago

aaaaaand there goes another $400. WHIIIIITEWAAAAAATER!!!!!!

#9 6 years ago

Well there goes $400 bucks!

#10 6 years ago

So, then TZ is going to get a black and white LCD screen? Id like to have one if thats an option.

#11 6 years ago

Man, this should look great on White Water.

#12 6 years ago

Looking good! I was *REALLY* hoping for Monster Bash but I'm sure that'll come soon.

Even though I don't have a TZ/Wh20, I'm actually just happy to see some new fresh colored dots! Can't wait for some video! As usual Randy, Nice work!

#13 6 years ago

No love for Monster Bash again
White Water is on my must have hit list. A great game now made even better with this new DMD. Can't wait to see it.

#14 6 years ago

Damn, just traded my White Water this past weekend too

#15 6 years ago

Great news to hear!!!

#16 6 years ago

Getting both, I find it doubtful they will produce a colordmd for TZ and think the black and white looks great so yeah 800 poorer, damn you hobby.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I find it doubtful they will produce a colordmd for TZ

I'd agree with that. It looks like they feel that this color option is a good solution for that type of title. I can't say I disagree.

#18 6 years ago

Someone needs to post a picture!!

#19 6 years ago

What the heck....ColorDMD must be peeking in my basement. I own every machine that they make a display.....might have to get a second and third job. They just look so darn good!!!

#20 6 years ago

Really like how it looks on my STTNG, so I am in. These things are starting to add up, however. I won't complain if it takes a while to come out with one for my IJ or LOTR.

#21 6 years ago

ugh!! soon hopefully TZ will get one

#23 6 years ago

Just got my wh20 last week ! Can't wait for this upgrade, its going to be "hella cool cooooooool"

#24 6 years ago

I saw TZ as well... I really hope there is an option that lets you choose between color and black and white.

And second off, what set of ROM's will Color DMD be using when you replace the display? 9.2 or 9.4?

#25 6 years ago

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide the whiiiiiiirrrlpoooool!!!

#26 6 years ago

I think a black and white for TZ will look great. Its a dark machine and its better than the old dmd display,IMO. Where can I order the black and white for TZ?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

I saw TZ as well... I really hope there is an option that lets you choose between color and black and white.
And second off, what set of ROM's will Color DMD be using when you replace the display? 9.2 or 9.4?

It's been made for latest roms so far. But even with they stated seems to work on all versions. Problem in earlier roms could be unrecognized video frames.

#28 6 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think the Black and White TZ display was to illustrate what their new Sigma single color display could do.

I'm a little surprised by WH20, really thought Indy would be next, but I'm sure they they will get to it eventually.

#29 6 years ago

I will be getting both!!!

#30 6 years ago

Here's hoping for NGG and FT, soon...

#31 6 years ago

WH2O is such a kick ass pin, and the color DMD on this game will make it even better. Can't wait!!

#32 6 years ago

Hmm, I just happen to have both those games!!

(Feels wallet getting lighter)

#33 6 years ago

Pumped about this. I just got a White Water a few weeks ago (2nd pin, aside from DemoMan). Can't wait for the video!

Op, will a video be posted on the website to coincide with the reveal at the Texas Pinball Festival?

#34 6 years ago

This is the first pin I have that they will be making a ColorDMD for. Im really on the fence. The ones Iv seen at shows are just noticeably far less bright as Traditional DMDs. What to do!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I could be wrong, but I think the Black and White TZ display was to illustrate what their new Sigma single color display could do.

Hmmm is that true? If so it'll save me some money. Def do not want a color TZ. Interested to see what Wh20 looks like. Didn;t see it coming so my interest is peaked.

#36 6 years ago

So happy to see WH20 as the next game getting the colorDMD treatment!! Woohoooo!

#37 6 years ago

Any videos, yet?

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

The ones Iv seen at shows are just noticeably far less bright as Traditional DMDs.

Who cares..."not as bright" doesn't mean DIM. They're as bright as an LCD monitor...cuz they're an LCD monitor lol. It's in FULL COLOR. It's a billion times better than a monochrome orange DMD.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who cares..."not as bright" doesn't mean DIM. They're as bright as an LCD monitor...cuz they're an LCD monitor lol. It's in FULL COLOR. It's a billion times better than a monochrome orange DMD.

I care? Im a big fan of the DMD, being an animator by trade. Ill most likely buy one, and if I end up not liking it, I don't think Ill have a problem reselling.

#40 6 years ago

The whitewater at TPF looks great. I don't think the color dmd stuff looks dim.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't think the color dmd stuff looks dim.

Haven't seen WH20 obviously, but none of the other ones look dim in the least bit to me.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I care? Im a big fan of the DMD, being an animator by trade. Ill most likely buy one, and if I end up not liking it, I don't think Ill have a problem reselling.

I'm an animator too...and I prefer my characters in full color vs. monochrome. As an animator you should be keen on silhouette value and composition. There's only so much you can do with 1 color...things start to blend togehter. For instance in Addams - there are characters and things going on that I never noticed before...but in color, it's all brought to life so much more as characters have clear silhouettes against background elements. Even background elements and objects are clearer amongst themselves.

In any case, Color DMD isn't dim...it's as vivid as any color you'd see on an LCD monitor. Maybe regular DMD seems brighter because each "shade" of orange is a different brightness level...and on Color DMD the brightness is even...and the shades are just different colors. Naturally a grey ship in STTNG is going to be "dimmer" than bright orange...cuz that's just how grey is. Still...I'd rather see the grey ship against white starts with purple & blue time vortexes & Q with flesh colored skin and red robes. Call me crazy!

I <3 ColorDMD!!!

#43 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure it looks brighter because IT IS. I like the color DMD and have one on my AFM, but I do wish there were better black levels on it. The dimness on the LCD is even more pronounced for spectators from the side due to viewing angle limitations.

#44 6 years ago

Took a quick video -

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Took a quick video -
» YouTube video

Very much appreciated!

#46 6 years ago

Thanks for the video. Yup, definitely getting one.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Took a quick video -
» YouTube video

Looks kick ass, thanks for taking the time to post!

#48 6 years ago

WH2O colorDMD look GREAT!

#49 6 years ago

Pretty incredible.

#50 6 years ago

I think it looks awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside