Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Peppers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

836a81e88e960f72e16421007c6efa81.jpg
    whatIJsleep2.jpg
    IJhan.jpg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

#52 11 years ago

#53 11 years ago

TZ would make the most sense as far as maximizing your buying pool.

#54 11 years ago

#55 11 years ago

Monster Bash please

#56 11 years ago

Sorry...would like to upload a nice "Creature Feature" ColorDMD (...failed).

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from wizzard:

Sorry...would like to upload a nice "Creature Feature" ColorDMD (...failed).

Can't fault your effort...

#58 11 years ago

Does anyone have any idea what their logic is as far as which game they do next ? I'm assuming its volume of games made, etc. But why STTNG before TZ or why AFM before TAF ? It would make sense that TAF should have been first because of its volume produced. But TZ is the most modded game ever....just curious. You think they pay attention to all the different pinball rankings all over the web ?

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollon:

Does anyone have any idea what their logic is as far as which game they do next ? I'm assuming its volume of games made, etc. But why STTNG before TZ or why AFM before TAF ? It would make sense that TAF should have been first because of its volume produced. But TZ is the most modded game ever....just curious. You think they pay attention to all the different pinball rankings all over the web ?

based on games they own first and foremost is what I was told.

#60 11 years ago

They are looking to add additional artist to help out. How soon, Randy didn't say.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

They are looking to add additional artist to help out. How soon, Randy didn't say.

I wish they would let me code FT...

#62 11 years ago

My vote is for IJ.
    Chilled Monkey Brains in Color!!

#63 11 years ago

...but it will be the CftBL.

#64 11 years ago

LOTR is an obvious one..so many made..TSPP, IM, and South Park get my other votes...bet you can guess why?

#65 11 years ago

TOTAN gets my vote, but it's my only machine so it is obviously going to be my horse in this race

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

LOTR is an obvious one..so many made..TSPP, IM, and South Park get my other votes...bet you can guess why?

Sorry, but STERN games are WAY down the list from what I am told.

They are completely different and would require more work that would be worthwhile ;(

#67 11 years ago

But Stern pins would really need one...

836a81e88e960f72e16421007c6efa81.jpg836a81e88e960f72e16421007c6efa81.jpg

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from wizzard:

But Stern pins would really need one...

Wait, wha? Did you Photoshop this?

#69 11 years ago

+1 for MB

Or what about JP!??! OoHhHhHhH! Color Dino's!

#70 11 years ago

Wh20, SS, TZ

Dream game would be BBB

Mike
    www.HabosArcade.com

#71 11 years ago

IJ gets my vote. If lots of colored video modes is considered a good thing, then I think this title would be great. oh and another + for JD ... I AM THE LAW

#72 11 years ago

I don't think it would be that good on IJ. The entire cab is has a warm, amber/yellow/orange/brown feel to it. A color DMD would look out of place. At least with TZ, the game has more color to it. Yes, the show was black and white, but it wasn't black and orange, so the color would add more to it.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

A color DMD on TZ makes no sense. The show was in black and white, so "colorizing" the animations would be sacriledge.

By that logic, the entire game should have been done in monochrome. Why would the dmd be any different? They are dmd animations, same as the artwork on the PF.

#74 11 years ago

Judge dredd get it over and done with cos "i am the law"

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

The Shadow would be a great pick. Finish off the Brian Eddy trio.

I'd be in for The Shadow too (since it's the only DMD I own )

#76 11 years ago

So......anyone want to bet?

I'm going with TZ

Place your wagers.

#77 11 years ago

I am looking forward to TZ, but I would bet it will be WhiteWater.

#78 11 years ago

UGHHHHH.....STOP saying it should be TZ! The show was a classic, and is in BLACK AND WHITE. Adding colorized animations would not, in any way, fit in with the theme of the original show. They should just make a white DMD, that would be awesome.

#79 11 years ago

Creech, ToTAN, or MB.....

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Creech, ToTAN, or MB.....

I agree....Creech would be awesome.

#81 11 years ago

UGHHHHH.....STOP saying it should be Creech! The movie was a classic, and is in BLACK AND WHITE. Adding colorized animations would not, in any way, fit in with the theme of the original film. They should just make a green DMD, that would be awesome.

Just kidding. +1 for Creech

#82 11 years ago

Black and white or not, I would buy a TZ if it became available.

#83 11 years ago

Oh right, and the TZ pinball music is all original to the series? I think not.
    Bring on color to the TZ !!!!!

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

UGHHHHH.....STOP saying it should be TZ! The show was a classic, and is in BLACK AND WHITE. Adding colorized animations would not, in any way, fit in with the theme of the original show. They should just make a white DMD, that would be awesome.

Go have another look and I think you will find the pinball machine is very colourful and not black and white.

I would be willing to bet the next one will be TZ and I will buy one.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Go have another look and I think you will find the pinball machine is very colourful and not black and white.

No VIDEO representation of the original series should be in color. Have you ever seen "colorized" versions of the original show? Nope. It was a great show, that was shot in black and white, and was awesome in black and white. I can't think of it any other way. Making a color DMD for TZ is just another form of pinball collector masturbation.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

No VIDEO representation of the original series should be in color. Have you ever seen "colorized" versions of the original show? Nope. It was a great show, that was shot in black and white, and was awesome in black and white. I can't think of it any other way. Making a color DMD for TZ is just another form of pinball collector masturbation.

You are right, the show was a classic and it was in black and white and I watched it every day. But they didnt have color tv back then....they do now.....

#87 11 years ago

IT has to be Monster Bash - damn!!!

#88 11 years ago

I think it would be great for No Good Gofers or Road Show!

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

I think it would be great for No Good Gofers or Road Show!

Yes, Gofers would be great in color. WH20 is also one I think many folks would jump on.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

UGHHHHH.....STOP saying it should be Creech! The movie was a classic, and is in BLACK AND WHITE. Adding colorized animations would not, in any way, fit in with the theme of the original film. They should just make a green DMD, that would be awesome.
    Just kidding. +1 for Creech

I've been saying for months that the "movie" animations from both TZ and CftBL should remain in b/w and that the rest of the "in game" animations (KISS, move your car, slide, snackbar, etc... from CftBL and the rocket skill shot, slot machine, gumball, town square, etc... on TZ) could be colorized without detracting from the original theme

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

+1 for MB
    Or what about JP!??! OoHhHhHhH! Color Dino's!

+3,361 for MB!!!

#92 11 years ago

MB and WH20 make more sense right now. They're easy money in my book. Doing a ColorDMD for MB is on the same level as MM. It's a high end game that it's owners won't mind spending the money for that kind of "cherry on top" mod. WH20 is still fairly affordable and a LOT of people own it and love it and it's a VERY colorful theme to begin with(as is MB). TZ and CFTBL, on the other hand, have so many people on both sides of the fence(whether or not they should be colorized), I don't think they'd want to tread into waters they aren't sure they be able to stay afloat in, sales wise.

Many of you already know, I'm firmly in the single color for TZ camp. But for those that need a visual aid:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-with-a-colordmd-and-a-youtube-account-do-me-a-favor

My lobby right now is for a non-game-specific ColorDMD at half the cost. I'd pay for one right now if they'd let me!

#93 11 years ago

TZ is the next title.

#94 11 years ago

Source?

#95 11 years ago

NGG has been confirmed

#96 11 years ago

I own a TZ, thus as the Underlord I have decreed it to be true.

This is not a democracy. Carry on.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I own a TZ, thus as the Underlord I have decreed it to be true.
    This is not a democracy. Carry on.
    Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

yup I started this thread saying TZ ---- IN IT SHALL BE !!!! Buaa aaa aaaa

#98 11 years ago

I'm all in for Monster Bash too!! That is about the only mod you could add to that pin.

#99 11 years ago

Another worthless, beaten-to-death thread.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Another worthless, beaten-to-death thread.

Well this post certainly helped things.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-color-dmd-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.