Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Peppers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

836a81e88e960f72e16421007c6efa81.jpg
    whatIJsleep2.jpg
    IJhan.jpg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I figure it has to be TZ

#2 11 years ago

I'm hoping it will be MB, it just goes along with the "big 3" of AFM, MB and MM!

#3 11 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that it was IJ

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I'm hoping it will be MB, it just goes along with the "big 3" of AFM, MB and MM!

CC continued is going to make it a big four. Dont see getting a color for that one anytime soon though. TZ makes the most business sense.

#5 11 years ago

So does Fish Tales, or is this company only concerned with the high end aspect of this hobby. There area a lot of Fish Tales machines out there!

#6 11 years ago

I'm betting (hoping) on IJ!

#7 11 years ago

I vote for white water

#9 11 years ago

White Water would be great along with any of the JPOP games too.

#10 11 years ago

Big time hoping for IJ.

Would also love MB...and ToTAN would be gorgeous.

#11 11 years ago

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE WATER

#12 11 years ago

Judge dredd

#13 11 years ago

I read somewhere that ColorDMD has a big announcement at the Texas Pinball Festival in March.
    www.texaspinball.com I am hoping they will start dumping out 3 displays every 3 months instead of one.

I am hoping for TZ, TOTAN, and White Water are next.

#14 11 years ago

Any of the above mentioned would be great... but I would think TZ or IJ next.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

I vote for White Water

I'm thinkin' you might be right, but I'm hopin' CFTBL is not far behind! And Dredd is a future must!

#16 11 years ago

Simpsons pinball party would look great with a color dmd . Just saying

#17 11 years ago

WH2O and TZ at the same time !!!

#18 11 years ago

WhiteWater or FishTales would be great next ColorDMD's. Both have a lot of cool animations.
    I would love to see also Scared Stiff and NGG on the list soon.

But the folks from ColorDMD need to hire more people so that they can crank these DMD's out
    faster. At the rate their going, it will be 15 years before they cover the most popular titles.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

WhiteWater or FishTales would be great next ColorDMD's. Both have a lot of cool animations.
    But the folks from ColorDMD need to hire more people so that they can crank these DMD's out
    faster. At the rate their going, it will be 15 years before they cover the most popular titles.

Job security.

#21 11 years ago

The Shadow would be a great pick. Finish off the Brian Eddy trio.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Well, in that case, their patents better be iron-clad, or some other smart folks will begin to
    produce these as well. Which by the way wouldn't be a bad idea. Competition = better product at a better price.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

This would make me very happy!!

#24 11 years ago

I have no horse in this race but my guess would be IJ. No.2 would be TZ.

#25 11 years ago

Most DMD titles would be viable. I imagine that the amount of work needed for each is about the same.

So.....that leaves a simple business decision with a very tricky answer..... Who is most likely to be willing to pay the extra to have one?

From all the posts, sounds like we love our machines for different reasons. I say, if someone owns a machine then they usually can afford the price of this enhancement.

All that said, JM would be great.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

Most DMD titles would be viable. I imagine that the amount of work needed for each is about the same.
    So.....that leaves a simple business decision with a very tricky answer..... Who is most likely to be willing to pay the extra to have one?
    From all the posts, sounds like we love our machines for different reasons. I say, if someone owns a machine then they usually can afford the price of this enhancement.
    All that said, JM would be great.

Well......no.

It's ALL in the numbers. (In fact based on the numbers I'm revising my prediction to TZ #1 and IJ #2).

TZ's made - 15,235
    Reported Pinsider's who own one - 872 (469 more want one)

IJ's made - 12,716
    Pinsider's who own one - 453 (346 more want one)

STTNG (The latest color DMD produced)
    Total made - 11,728
    Pinsider's who own one - 530 (286 more want one)

JM's made - 2756
    Pinsider's who own one - 139 (108 more want one)

Based on the number alone JM will probably never be made.

#27 11 years ago

I would think that SM would look great with a color DMD, as there are a lot of animations.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

I would think that SM would look great with a color DMD, as there are a lot of animations.

Most those animations are movie clips. I doubt they'll even bother to redo these.

Wh20 is my vote, for selfish reasons..

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Well......no.
    It's ALL in the numbers. (In fact based on the numbers I'm revising my prediction to TZ #1 and IJ #2).
    TZ's made - 15,235
    Reported Pinsider's who own one - 872 (469 more want one)
    IJ's made - 12,716
    Pinsider's who own one - 453 (346 more want one)
    STTNG (The latest color DMD produced)
    Total made - 11,728
    Pinsider's who own one - 530 (286 more want one)
    JM's made - 2756
    Pinsider's who own one - 139 (108 more want one)
    Based on the number alone JM will probably never be made.

Nice research..... still, we just don't know the answers to the most important questions like - how many do they need to sell to make it a worthwhile venture.... in what timeframe.... and finally, of those people who own say TZ or IJ, how many are "keeping theirs original" Vs. any other title? Also, just how labor intensive is the work - maybe they have discovered some shortcuts after doing the first few?

You could also make the argument that machines with a lower price to buy will leave more money to improve??

Who knows?? The logic surrounding which parts are made/reproduced in pinball is quite mysterious. Just look at how CPR operate.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Negative. Otherwise T2 and Getaway would have been done long before AFM and MM. I was curious about the effect of production numbers vs. expensive/collector-type machines with lower production runs and did a poll: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-for-colordmd-titles

Monster Bash killed IJ. T2 and Getaway were barely afterthoughts.

#31 11 years ago

However they decide which the next Pin will be, it seems the company
    could use some more help.

But for now, if they make WH2O, FT and NGG, I'd be a happy camper.

#32 11 years ago

A color DMD on TZ makes no sense. The show was in black and white, so "colorizing" the animations would be sacriledge.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

A color DMD on TZ makes no sense. The show was in black and white, so "colorizing" the animations would be sacriledge.

Makes senses, so all agree the next title should be WH2O

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

If a Stern ever gets done....I'm betting on LotR.

#35 11 years ago

Playboy- Duh!

#36 11 years ago

FISH TALES!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 11 years ago

Based on monetary value and collectibility IJ and TZ are logical, not emotional, choices. Also fits in line with ColorDmd's selection so far. Was very surprised by STTNG though!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#38 11 years ago

IJ TZ WH2O TOM it's all good.

#39 11 years ago

I'd vote for T2... This game screams good color modes.

#42 11 years ago

I'm hoping the big announcement at the Texas Pinball Festival is they finally have the Software Coloring Toolkit ready so anyone can buy one of their screens and spend the time to colorize the DMD animations the way they like it. They are making money on the unit, not spending a boat-load of time colorizing eat game...let the pinball community colorize and Color DMD will sell that much more.

Or...maybe Color DMD are going to make their own machine(s) Here's to hoping another small fry gets in the race

And..yes...TOTAN is my vote!

#43 11 years ago

Anything to add some excitement to that game.

#44 11 years ago

Too bad T2 is so low on the totem pole. Would love to get one this these for my machine.

#45 11 years ago

Pinball Circus

#46 11 years ago

hmmm....

whatIJsleep2.jpgwhatIJsleep2.jpg

#47 11 years ago

I'm curious too. I always figured they'd knock out the ones they can sell the most of but who knows. TAF was a huge production run, as is TZ, but I'd love one for my MB.

#48 11 years ago

It needs to be Indiana Jones but I would love WH2O as well. Win if it is either in my book

#49 11 years ago

WH20 is my vote!

#50 11 years ago

WH2O, FT, Gofers...

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-color-dmd-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.