Vote above for the next stern mpu200 game to be disassembled and commented.... I plan on teaching other people how to do this, because as I roll through all of the games that I own, the incentive to do it for games I do not own is honestly, very low.
The one I personally lean towards is Orbitor 1, for a couple of reasons; first, it was the very first successful hack I'd done (eliminate the timed game) - I started fooling around with Meteor in 2004 but I was hopelessly in over my head, and O1 I did in 2008 (but just a small hack... not a full disassembly). I didn't really grab the rest of the gist until 2011/2012.
The second reason is that my entire development directory structure's root is named "o1hack" - because that's what I started with, and I'm very much a creature of habit so I never changed it (there's subdirectories under it of course for all the other projects.....)
I plan on posting examples of code sporadically explaining what each does, at least to my understanding. This is only the way I happen to do this; other people surely have better/different toolchains, but I use what I'm used to.