(Topic ID: 173264)

Next Chicago Gaming Game Didn't Debut This Weekend!

By HighProtein

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by slcorrado
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161129_183831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0903 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3246 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9197 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

overpriced, poorly made, reproductions here

#16 7 years ago

reserved for teekee here!

#25 7 years ago

It needs to be 6500 to even have a chance! You can buy very nice originals for under 7k.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

No way it'll go that low.

no way ti will sell well then.

They really should be coming in at 6k if they want to have a chance of selling well at all.
    MM was selling for 12k when the remake came out at 8.

AFM sells for 7k, they need to match that ration of price drop to have a chance.

They need to be competitive with NEW games this time around. The market has shifted and if they dont price correctly they are in trouble.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Your smokin some epic sh#t if you think it will be one penny cheaper than MMr.......it just won't be......period...............Joey

I fully expect it to be priced the same or more than MMr. I also expect it to sell much worse if that is the case.

Why would anyone pay 8+ when you can buy very nice originals for 7-

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

2. The "Mystery Game" is simply another game - a game that already exists - that they are bringing just for fun. This seems to be the most likely explanation.

I am guessing it is just something else to feed false hype. If not remake #2 then likely something like KingPin or CC ot even just a TAF so people will talk.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

So, I would encourage you to broaden your thinking on this - that perhaps if a machine had many additional features it might be sold for more money, less features would be sold for less money - it's not a binary discussion.

I would encourage you to pay attention to the current state of the pinball market, the over saturation of high priced games that are not selling well, the reality that the cost to remake something is well understood to be a fraction of the cost to develop new, and price whatever spectrum of game bling as low as you possibly can (then knock another 500 off that number) if you want it to sell.

I dont care how much you bling a remake of an AFM, you need to be able to sell a base model which is comparable in quality to very nice examples of originals for less than originals in order to sell well.

sub 7k will buy VERY nice examples of quality originals. 7k for a NIB remake with a precedent of not being an accurate remake and likely issues to be worked out is not a good spot to be. 6k and you will take market share from competitors and get people on board with your brand. If you are going to suck money from the hobby with rehashed titles rather than new innovation, at least do something to make it a reasonable value.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

It's nostalgia and the ability to own a classic title that has stood the test of time.

My point being that you should realize you can actually go buy a really nice original which is superior quality and the real nostalgia for under 7k already. You have the ability to easily go own that classic right now...

Maybe the next remake will be an improvement over the original, but I doubt it based on MMr as an example. If it can be just as good as an original then it will need to be priced under current market to sell, just like MMr needed to be priced well under MM market at the time to sell.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-chicago-gaming-game-debuts-this-weekend?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.