5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown.jpeg
    bible_pinball.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

Set during the Old Testament, the part of the Bible Hollywood loves best, Spooky Pinball and Ben Heck's BIBLE ADVENTURES is sure to be a cross-denominational hit!

Scheduled to arrived by Christmas (so Christmas 2017) it has the following modes and features:

1) Adam & Eve Multiball: Shoot everywhere on the PF for big points, but don't hit the apple target or the mode will end!

2) Noah's Ark Multiball: Shoot every target twice to collect 2 of each animal, then survive 40 seconds (40 days would be a bit much for a mode) of 4 ball action! PF violently shakes to simulate ancient Waterworld-type action.

3) Walls of Jericho: Rear Orbit is the Walls of Jericho, an overly complex toy that will use even more annoying spaces than AMH. Complete 7 rear loops to knock down the walls!

4) Samson's Pop Bumpers: Advances pops to complete the Tasks of Samson but watch out! Delilah and her shears of doom could be hiding behind any lit shot!

5) Exodus (The BIG SHOW) Advance the 10 plaques of Egypt shot to start Exodus Multiball. Part of the PF splits open, shoot as many balls through as possible to help your people escape Egypt!

We don't have any art or code yet, but you can pre-order in full now for only $15,000 per game.

#2 5 years ago

So many people playing the fool today.

#3 5 years ago

I am sad you announced this TODAY.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

So many people playing the fool today.

I've heard Ben describe this very thing on previous occasions, like at last year's MGC. Some day he might just build it.

#5 5 years ago

6) Judah Ben Heck. Miniature horse races around the playfield complete with real horse apples.

LTG : )™

#6 5 years ago

Is it related to the Nintendo game? Did you get permission from Wisdom Tree?

#7 5 years ago

you guys laugh... and this is a fooly day... but this is an original theme that actually might make a good theme.
    And no... I'm not a bible touting Christian.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

you guys laugh... and this is a fooly day... but this is an original theme that actually might make a good theme.
    And no... I'm not a bible touting Christian.

there some good material to work with

#9 5 years ago

Even thou I this is a April 1st prank, I think Ben secretly really wants this game to happen.

#10 5 years ago

Plague of boils multi-ball..........................?

#11 5 years ago

Too bad. Sounds like a fun game.

#12 5 years ago

This sounds like fun - PM Sent!

#13 5 years ago

Sounds like a rip off of that unlicensed NES game, Ben, and YOU know it.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Sounds like a rip off of that unlicensed NES game, Ben, and YOU know it.

Tengen Tetris?

#15 5 years ago

Sorta, there were companies that I know of that made NES games without NOA's approval.

Tengen and wisdom tree

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Cheap license.

The company is actually still around and is issuing licenses.

#18 5 years ago

I bet it will have incomplete code. Because lets be honest who wants to complete the ultimate wizard mode?

Spoiler alert.

Crucifixion Mode is going to be the most brutal.

Happy fools day

#19 5 years ago

Even though it's April, It's not a bad idea so long as you can convince churches it's not a gambling device. Sell one pinball machine to every church, 450,000 churches in america, greatest selling pinball machine of all time!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/1i4k23/fun_fact_there_are_more_churches_450000_in_the/

bible_pinball.jpg

#20 5 years ago

Yep bummer could have had Plagues as a mini wizard mode to escape Egypt.
    Fire chariot to capture the ball for lock.

Now if your going for a real theme Revelation would be epic.
    Scrolls, bowls and trumpets modes - beast -etc.
    Armageddon final wizard mode - now that would be a site and cant imagine the dots on the dmd.

Revelations "rapture" LEs to be released first the the standards come as you are versions.

#21 5 years ago

Yuck.

I prefer my games with less ... condescension

#22 5 years ago

Adam & Steve wizard mode multiball please!

#23 5 years ago

I would base it on the Book of Revelation and the Four Horseman. Should sell well. Plus you can add zombies. Everyone loves Zombies.

#24 5 years ago

We might get a lot of Born Again Pinballers. Done right, I can see a lot of potential here.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Even though it's April, It's not a bad idea so long as you can convince churches it's not a gambling device. Sell one pinball machine to every church, 450,000 churches in america, greatest selling pinball machine of all time!http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/1i4k23/fun_fact_there_are_more_churches_450000_in_the/

bible_pinball.jpg 373 KB

This pin could be a game-changer for my city. There are virtually no pinball machines to be found in Chattanooga, but somehow we're like #1 in the USA for number of churches. Sigh. I literally drive past 54 churches in the 14 miles between my house and my rental house, with 7 in a 2 mile stretch. If it wasn't so pretty here I'd move north...

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/1/22/267977/Tennessee-Still-Home-Of-Americas-Most.aspx

Most Bible-Minded Cities (with previous year’s ranking)
    1. Chattanooga (3)
    2. Birmingham, Al. (4)
    3. Roanoke/Lynchburg, Va. (8)
    4. Springfield, Mo. (6)
    5. Shreveport, La. (2)
    6. Charlotte, N.C. (7)
    7. Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C./Asheville N.C. (11)
    8. Little Rock, Ar. (12)
    9. Jackson, Ms. (5)
    10.Knoxville, Tn. (1)

Least Bible-Minded Cities (with previous year’s ranking)
    1.Providence, R.I./ New Bedford, Ma. (1)
    2.Albany, N.Y.(2)
    3.Boston, Ma. (6)
    4.San Francisco (7)
    5.Cedar Rapids, Iowa (9)
    6.Buffalo, N.Y. (10)
    7.Hartford/New Haven, Ct. (5)
    8.Phoenix, Az. (8)
    9.Burlington, Vt. (3)
    10.Portland, Maine (4)

#26 5 years ago

Don't forget to give Jesus his cut

Unknown.jpeg
    #27 5 years ago

shit wrong game

#28 5 years ago

I would buy this game in a second! Awesome theme with so many possibilities.

There are so many great stories in the Old Testament that would make awesome modes!

Resurrection multiball - Knock down a cross to reveal a tomb with 3 virtual locks (similar to coffin in Dracula). Hit the shot 3 more times (to signify 3 days) and start multiball. Epic resurrection music begins and hologram Jesus is revealed thru a lower playfield window.

Jonah and the Whale - Interactive Whale on the playfield that you need to bash to release Jonah after locking one ball.-Ball gets shot out a blowhole VUK after so many shots starting a 2 ball multiball

Daniel and the Lion's Den video mode - Guide Daniel over and thru obstacles and avoid the Lion's to escape.

Sodom and Gomorrah mini Wizard mode - Goal is to destroy the cities by hitting all of the required shots.-This mode could have an adult setting as well.

Elijah stand up target - Gives you hints and prophecies of what you should be shooting for.

LOT hurryup - hit the shot quickly to avoid being turned into a pillar of salt.

Fiery Furnace Ball Save

Walk on Water kickback

Raise Lazerus from the dead mode - Callouts would be insane on this one. LAZARETH come forth!!!

David vs. Goliath Battle - A smaller bash target that you need to keep hitting to kill Goliath. If you don't hit him fast enough the flippers die and you lose your ball.

Moses and the parting of the Red Sea Grand Wizard mode

And these are just a few of the many possibilities.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I would buy this game in a second! Awesome theme with so many possibilities.
    There are so many great stories in the Old Testament that would make awesome modes!
    Resurrection multiball - Knock down a cross to reveal a tomb with 3 virtual locks (similar to coffin in Dracula). Hit the shot 3 more times (to signify 3 days) and start multiball. Epic resurrection music begins and hologram Jesus is revealed thru a lower playfield window.
    Jonah and the Whale - Interactive Whale on the playfield that you need to bash to release Jonah after locking one ball.-Ball gets shot out a blowhole VUK after so many shots starting a 2 ball multiball
    Daniel and the Lion's Den video mode - Guide Daniel over and thru obstacles and avoid the Lion's to Escape.
    Sodom and Gomorrah mini Wizard mode - Goal is to destroy the cities by hitting all of the required shots.-This mode could have an adult setting as well.
    Elijah stand up target - Gives you hints and prophecies of what you should be shooting for.
    LOT hurryup - hit the shot quickly to avoid being turned into a pillar of salt.
    David vs. Goliath Battle - A smaller bash target that you need to keep hitting to kill Goliath. If you don't hit him fast enough the flippers die and you lose your ball.
    Moses and the parting of the Red Sea Grand Wizard mode
    And these are just a few of the many possibilities.

+1 now we are talking....

#30 5 years ago

Deposit sent!

#31 5 years ago

In before the lock

#32 5 years ago

Ben,

I have to ask. If I lick the playfield, what will it taste like?

Paul

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

4. Springfield, Mo. (6)

Represent

#34 5 years ago

Hahahahaha yes! Always thought this would make one of the best video games too.

Side note: Isn't Tron Legacy relatively biblical? I know there are quite a few parallels.

#36 5 years ago

From somewhere deep beyond the brilliant light, an angelic hand reaches forth to the recently departed Pinball Soul and places a quarter in his outstretched palm.

The light receeds, and the surroundings dissolve into a large room with white floors, white walls, and lighted panels in the ceiling. Against a long wall stand two pinball machines, in mint condition. The first is an AC/DC Luci edition, glowing deep red with demonic horns, sinfully seductive graphics, and perhaps a hint of black fog swirling around it. Near Luci, but standing not too close, is Ben Heck's "Bible Adventures", bathed in a pure white light with just the hint of a halo hovering over its silver and white backbox head.

From no particular direction comes a booming voice, "Player 1, you must choose where your credits will remain for all eternity."

Trembling, the Pinball Soul raises his arm, steps forward, and drops the quarter into a coin slot. The choice is made...

#37 5 years ago

Of course I posted this for April Fool's Day, but it is actually a theme we've discussed for years now.

It actually started as a joke, but we realized all the numbering / familiar stories actually made a lot of sense for pinball. As someone mentioned above, the stories are so ingrained in culture you see the themes pop up in all sorts of movies (Tron, Matrix, Wall*E)

Battlestar Galactica would be a good theme for the same reason - lots of numbers / prophecy, finding things, explosions, etc. But until we sell a good number of America's Most Haunted, there won't be a next Ben Heck game.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Of course I posted this for April Fool's Day, but it is actually a theme we've discussed for years now.
    It actually started as a joke, but we realized all the numbering / familiar stories actually made a lot of sense for pinball. As someone mentioned above, the stories are so ingrained in culture you see the themes pop up in all sorts of movies (Tron, Matrix, Wall*E)
    Battlestar Galactica would be a good theme for the same reason - lots of numbers / prophecy, finding things, explosions, etc. But until we sell a good number of America's Most Haunted, there won't be a next Ben Heck game.

I would buy one for sure. Think of how many church youth groups would buy one for their rec rooms. 10,000 Shekels by Christmas?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I would buy one for sure. Think of how many church youth groups would buy one for there rec rooms. 10,000 Shekels by Christmas?

Don't most modern churches act like the old testament basically doesn't exist?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Don't most modern churches act like the old testament mostly doesn't exist?

No.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Since this thread was a joke to begin with I am locking the thread for discussion of religion. If Ben is seriously considering this as a future theme he may start a new thread about same without the lead in joke as a serious topic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 49.00
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 14.95

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside