Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What theme would you prefer?”

• Iron Maiden 89 votes
      86%
    • Judas Priest 14 votes
      14%

(103 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    image.jpg
    logo400.jpg
    image.jpg
    httyd.png
    imagesY7A7EU2L.jpg
    simmer_down_now-Nadeen.jpg
    derailed-train_wreck.jpg
    Rodstewart.png
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

In NJ at least, there were changes made a number of years ago where prizes couldn't exceed a value of $15

Not a problem. have you seen the crap they give away as prizes...

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yep, all new Sterns are band based pins, like Star Trek and Mustang.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#103 9 years ago

I think you mean next BAnD theme.

#104 9 years ago

Hells Bells Maiden will be made eventually! Dispute Bruce wanting all new songs in the pin which would suck.

#106 9 years ago

I am aganist all boring same old song and dance movie pins being made. Movies are horrible today with no sotry and all special effects crap.

#107 9 years ago

None of these please!

#108 9 years ago

If you people who want neither would just let us get them, it would be over with and then YOU could get excited for your Miley Cyrus pin.....

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not a problem. have you seen the crap they give away as prizes...

Yep, it is like crap that has been crapped on. I wouldn't let my son touch any of that stuff. It is probably molded out of lead.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

If you people who want neither would just let us get them, it would be over with and then YOU could get excited for your Miley Cyrus pin.....

No more old man band pins and no Miley pins please.

#111 9 years ago

What if stern just blows our minds and picks 5 top bands; i.e. Maiden, rush, sabbath, slayer, rob zombie and pits them altogether in one pin. Then have vs. modes like 'Iron Maiden' vs 'Black Sabbath'. Mode goes back and forth between songs as you earn (and lose) jackpot points depending on which groupie band wagon you belong too. Epic!

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Miley Cyrus pin.....

I'm often wondering how we can lead the next generation into pinball...
    Fascinating Idea...
    -mof

#113 9 years ago

Or at the beginning of the game you choose your band. Then you battle off against the other 4 bands for the ultimate 'headliner' wizard mode!

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

What if stern just blows our minds and picks 5 top bands; i.e. Maiden, rush, sabbath, slayer, rob zombie and pits them altogether in one pin. Then have vs. modes like 'Iron Maiden' vs 'Black Sabbath'. Mode goes back and forth between songs as you earn (and lose) jackpot points depending on which groupie band wagon you belong too. Epic!

I think they have a relationship with Sony, so it would probably be all Sony artists.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wamprat:

No more old man band pins

logo400.jpglogo400.jpg

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's an awesome idea.
    I would proudly play any mode that involved Slayer/Sabbath/Maiden/Priest pushing Rush off the marquee, esp. if it meant I'd never have to listen to another Rush song during that game.
    Then all the people that prefer soprano-yelping, easy-listening, prog bands could battle to make sure they don't hear metal...
    Sounds like you've designed a hit... for those of us... that like hard rock/metal...
    =)
    -mof

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Perhaps go up one level on this idea to involve each generation of music.

What if there were a pin that pinned the genres against each other? How in the world would you accomplish this... I'm afraid it might not work -- it would LEAN too heavily on the display and sound to help you imagine the modes...

Metal vs Hip Hop mode
    Country vs Death Metal
    40's Crooner vs Boy Band
    dubstep vs 50's rock

etc...

Keep all the bands generic, so no feelings are hurt. Make fun of ALL music styles equally...

-mof

#119 9 years ago

A warped tour style punk pin would be sweet!

#120 9 years ago

If there was ever a good theme for a pin it would be Adventure Time. Not only would it appeal to both kids and adults, but it would also have a well-integrated theme...

But I guess Stern is going to be sticking to oldies, superhero, and band themes... ugh...

#121 9 years ago

Poll results between Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are similar to 2-1/2 yrs ago with Maiden getting about 10 times as many votes as Priest.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-rock-n-roll-themed-pinball-machine

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hells Bells Maiden will be made eventually! Dispute Bruce wanting all new songs in the pin which would suck.

That would suck. the game would need early songs like Iron Maiden and Killers. Phantom of the opera would be great too.

#124 9 years ago

All day long I've been trying to come up with at least one song that would bring some relevancy to a pinball machine based on two bands I loved so long ago. Sorry, but this is all I've got. And I'm sure this would probably be left out.

#125 9 years ago

Iron Maiden please!! I've got a LE on pre order just in case it ever happens.

#126 9 years ago

Neither, Van Halen please.

#127 9 years ago

With the way Jersey Jack had made the backglass a video screen....
    why not just a generic enough playfield and then just have custom downloadable mods for any number of bands and music styles and even have video clips.
    They not only get the initial $$ from the machine sale but also all the residual sales of the add on kits.
    Almost a hybrid pinball/jukebox

Similar to the playstation network. a game and a few add on packs.

Seems pretty simple.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

With the way Jersey Jack had made the backglass a video screen....why not just a generic enough playfield and then just have custom downloadable mods for any number of bands and music styles and even have video clips.They not only get the initial $$ from the machine sale but also all the residual sales of the add on kits.Almost a hybrid pinball/jukebox
    Similar to the playstation network. a game and a few add on packs.
    Seems pretty simple.

Kinda like the Multimorphic P3 or Pinball 2000 systems. I think these two were probabally anything but simple to develop though......

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Selective editing! The sentence that precedes yours is: "According to the RIAA Rush ranks 80th with sales of 25 million units in the United States."
    If you want to cite album sales as a criteria, all of the following should have a pin before Rush does(plus more... the list isn't long enough to get to Rush... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists):
    Elton John
    Elvis Presley
    Led Zeppelin
    Madonna
    Michael Jackson
    Pink Floyd
    The Beatles
    Mariah Carey
    Celine Dion
    Whitney Houston
    AC/DC
    Queen
    The Rolling Stones
    ABBA
    Garth Brooks
    Eagles
    Rihanna
    U2
    Billy Joel
    Phil Collins
    Aerosmith
    Frank Sinatra
    Barbra Streisand
    Genesis
    Neil Diamond
    Bruce Springsteen
    Bee Gees
    Julio Iglesias
    Dire Straits
    Metallica
    Taylor Swift
    Eminem
    Britney Spears
    Rod Stewart
    Bon Jovi
    Fleetwood Mac
    George Strait
    Backstreet Boys
    Guns N' Roses
    Prince
    Kenny Rogers
    Paul McCartney
    Janet Jackson
    Chicago
    The Carpenters
    Bob Dylan
    George Michael
    Bryan Adams
    Def Leppard
    Cher
    Lionel Richie
    Olivia Newton-John
    Stevie Wonder
    Linda Ronstadt
    Tina Turner
    Donna Summer
    The Beach Boys
    Kiss
    The Who
    Johnny Hallyday
    Barry White
    Katy Perry
    Santana
    Gloria Estefan
    Kanye West
    R.E.M.
    B'z
    Shania Twain
    Van Halen
    Lady Gaga
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Foreigner
    The Doors
    Reba McEntire
    Meat Loaf
    Barry Manilow
    Tom Petty
    New Kids on the Block
    The Black Eyed Peas
    Jay-Z
    Journey
    Beyoncé
    Kenny G
    Enya
    Alabama
    Green Day
    Nirvana
    Tupac Shakur
    Spice Girls
    Andrea Bocelli
    Bob Marley
    Mötley Crüe
    Depeche Mode
    Aretha Franklin
    Scorpions
    If I buy the Depeche Mode LE does that mean the band comes to my house for a concert in my gameroom while I play the pin?

Ah hah, Depeche Mode. I knew it. Rush sales in the USA are such a small piece of the puzzle for a band like Rush, Canada and Europe would have to be taken into consideration. Depeche Mode would be the worst thing that could ever happen next to a Ru Paul pin.

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Ah hah, Depeche Mode. I knew it. Rush sales in the USA are such a small piece of the puzzle for a band like Rush, Canada and Europe would have to be taken into consideration. Depeche Mode would be the worst thing that could ever happen next to a Ru Paul pin.

I think that list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists) is supposed to encompase worldwide sales (presumably including Canada and Europe) rather than just US sales. I'd personally play a Depeche Mode pinball before Iron Maiden or Judas Priest (or Rush for that matter). But I strongly suspect we'll never have to worry about any of these bands getting a pin made by Stern.

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Ah hah, Depeche Mode. I knew it.

Truthfully, I couldn't name a single song of theirs, but I know they sell better than Rush does.

#132 9 years ago

I always wanted a Monsters of Rock pin like the tours back I the day that I was not even old enough or born to attend.

#133 9 years ago

I always wanted a Monsters of Rock pin like the tours back I the day that I was not even old enough or born to attend.

I'll take a Texxas Jam LE, please.

#134 9 years ago

Quoted from PinCrush:

I'll take a Texxas Jam LE, please.

No, wait! We want the US Festival !

Gang of Four
    The Ramones
    The English Beat
    Oingo Boingo
    The B-52's
    Talking Heads
    The Police
    The Joe Sharino Band
    Dave Edmunds
    Eddie Money
    Santana
    The Cars
    The Kinks
    Pat Benatar
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
    Breakfast with the Dead | Grateful Dead
    Jerry Jeff Walker
    Jimmy Buffett
    Jackson Browne
    Fleetwood Mac

#135 9 years ago

Neither for me.

#136 9 years ago

If a Justin Bieber pinball gets released i would consider burning the factory down

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

If a Justin Bieber pinball gets released i would consider burning the factory down

That kid is over. One Dimension, er, Direction, maybe.

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Rush is the quintessential band for losers who still live in their mother's basement.

So some barely literate gang banger rambling on about his "bitches and ho's" is better?

1 week later
    #140 9 years ago

I say Led Zep. Make it with a retro looking cabinet and playfield. Awesome!

#142 9 years ago

Rush or Led Zep. It's time to bring out the big boys. By far the most rock band t shirts worn at CAX was Rush, easily. They clearly have the support from the pinball players that I have known and their drum lines would be a natural for pinball. 2112 album cover for the translight!

If you are unfamiliar please do yourself a favor.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#143 9 years ago
    Quoted from jpc211245:

Rush or Led Zep. It's time to bring out the big boys. By far the most rock band t shirts worn at CAX was Rush, easily. They clearly have the support from the pinball players that I have known and their drum lines would be a natural for pinball. 2112 album cover for the translight!
    If you are unfamiliar please do yourself a favor.

image.jpg 11 KB

Zep, yes please. Rush, pass.

#144 9 years ago

Bob Marleyimages.jpgimages.jpg

#145 9 years ago

With Iron Maiden having so much artwork and themes to choose from, along with the fact that they have an enormous and still growling fanbase spanning over three generations, this would be an awesome and also smart theme to build a pinball on, to reach out to even more younger and older people

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from jpc211245:

Rush or Led Zep. It's time to bring out the big boys.

If they made a list of "the big boys" Zeppelin would be on it, Rush would not. There are a hundred bands higher on "the bigs boys" list than Rush.

I can't even imagine how awful a Rush pin would be...

#147 9 years ago

Rush would be great, if you were a big Rush fan.

But for most people, Rush songs would have too slow of a pacing for a fast pinball machine.

Even on AC/DC, you start chomping at the bit for the intro to finish and to get into the high energy part of the song.

#148 9 years ago

You want high energy? I give you the Dickies.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Does Stern still make "one off" pins? I'm sure they could sell at least as many Rush pinballs as they did Bill Paxton's.

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

But for most people, Rush songs would have too slow of a pacing for a fast pinball machine.
    Even on AC/DC, you start chomping at the bit for the intro to finish and to get into the high energy part of the song.

Great point vid1900! The band's songs have to start rockin right off the bat.....so my Zep could be in trouble (Kashmir?, Stairway?).
    Zep Set
    1. Rock and Roll
    2. Communication Breakdown
    3. Black Dog
    4. Misty Mountain Hop
    5. The Ocean
    6. Immigrant Song
    7. Uhhhhhh....
    I am out - the Zep has way to many slower starting songs. Band is GREAT, song are meh for a pin.

OK, list your band's 8 songs on the Pin that are going to make the cut. Rush - Limelight, Spirit.....

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-band-theme-maiden-or-priest/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.