Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What theme would you prefer?”

• Iron Maiden 89 votes
      86%
    • Judas Priest 14 votes
      14%

(103 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    image.jpg
    logo400.jpg
    image.jpg
    httyd.png
    imagesY7A7EU2L.jpg
    simmer_down_now-Nadeen.jpg
    derailed-train_wreck.jpg
    Rodstewart.png
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

I don't listen to much metal anymore... But I think both would make great pinball themes! Both are historic metal bands and are well deserving.

#2 9 years ago

I'll pass on both!

#3 9 years ago

Rob Zombie, but think it might be Iron Maiden

#4 9 years ago

I'll take Priest for the music and Maiden for the artwork it would bring to the table.

I think Rob Zombie would make a good theme too.

#6 9 years ago

Neither..

#7 9 years ago

The art package for Maiden would need to be mind-blowing. There's one artist that does all the artwork for them and I think you'd need him to do the entire thing. Anything short of that, I wouldn't bother.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

The art package for Maiden would need to be mind-blowing. There's one artist that does all the artwork for them and I think you'd need him to do the entire thing. Anything short of that, I wouldn't bother.

Is Derek Riggs still working with Maiden? His artwork on a pin would be phenomenal.

#9 9 years ago

Pass.

#10 9 years ago

Not sure either of these has enough pull to merit a game. Judas Priest especially hasn't aged well imo. Now if it was still 1981...

#11 9 years ago

I am voting for Hip Hop legends. It's a generic enough title that you could have music from anyone willing to agree and you could also do updates with different tunes in the future.
    Drive by East coast vs. West coast multiball.
    Big butt wiggle wiggle thumper bumpers.
    Sizzurp mode when the flippers are switched
    makin' it rain jackpot
    Translights with Tupac, Biggie, or the alternates with Beyonce and Rhianna dressed in next to nothing...

#12 9 years ago

Neither. If we want pinball to survive, the themes need to appeal to folks who weren't in high school when Fast Times at Ridgemont High came out. To put it another way, this isn't a while lot different that putting out an Andrews Sisters pin in the early 80s... 30 years after they were last relevant.

Even the Big Lebowski, as perfect as the theme is for us, is 15 years too late.

#13 9 years ago

My dad also has an awesome set of tools but I have to agree. Maiden may be the biggest selling metal band in history but they're not as recognizable as AC/DC or Metallica or KISS. Plus if you're not into metal or the artwork you're probably not gonna buy one even if the game play is cool.

Time for an unlicensed theme!

#15 9 years ago

Kids today get all the superhero pinballs marketed towards them.

But they don't have $7000 to buy one.

50 year old men DO have the cash to buy a pin - Iron Maiden is marketed towards them.

#16 9 years ago

Beatles!

#17 9 years ago

I'd be in on either one - both are top 10 music themes for me!

#18 9 years ago

Now we're 40 years past relevance.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Now we're 40 years past relevance.

LOL...probably true. I'd still buy one, though.

--Luke

#21 9 years ago

Slayer would be the greatest for a pinball, as long as you like Slayer of course. Wow Necrophobic mode would be just so special, put me down for a Reign in Blood LE. IronMaiden would be good but only the older stuff, and Judas Priest I would only buy one if was based on the Painkiller album. Slayer please.....

#22 9 years ago

Just curious, is there no originality left at Stern that all we will see (or expect) are Band based pins? I like most of the bands, but would rather see pins not related to music (or a car)...but to be back on topic.. Pass pass

#23 9 years ago

Please god neither

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Just curious, is there no originality left at Stern that all we will see (or expect) are Band based pins?

Yep, all new Sterns are band based pins, like Star Trek and Mustang.

#25 9 years ago

Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, wheres my vote option on that one ?

#26 9 years ago

OZZY!!!!!!

#27 9 years ago

Neither.

RUSH.

Done.

#28 9 years ago

How 'bout "None of the above".

#29 9 years ago

Ya neither for me. I'd have to say Rush as well - They Rock!

#30 9 years ago

Pass. Clash, arcade fire, ramones, foo fighters please

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yep, all new Sterns are band based pins, like Star Trek and Mustang.

Sigh.... I stated "car" and Star Trek has been done over and over (But I do like ST dont get me wrong). I meant an original theme, not based off a movie band or car. (To clarify for your sarcastic remark)

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

I hope your joking, arcade fire? really. Not that the rest of you choices are much better. Wow

#33 9 years ago

I like most of the bands, but would rather see pins not related to music (or a car)

How about some comic book stuff?

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Neither.
    RUSH.
    Done.

That would truly be horrible. Talk about a band that's no longer relevant...

#35 9 years ago

All these old bands . . . they keep getting more and more less known specialty nitch groups that people suggest. They won't sell pins . . . they barely sell albums.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Except they are. Rush's music is constantly used in movies/shows/commercials & their base of fans has never disappeared. Still touring, still making new albums. Just inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame last year. They're all in the perfect age/demographic that would buy a pinball machine.

#37 9 years ago

Just curious, is there no originality left at Stern that all we will see (or expect) are Band based pins?

Since AC/DC is the best selling Stern pin EVER, I would imagine that they would want to continue with big-money making themes.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Except they are. Rush's music is constantly used in movies/shows/commercials & their base of fans has never disappeared. Still touring, still making new albums. Just inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame last year. They're all in the perfect age/demographic that would buy a pinball machine.

Tigerlaw nailed it: "They won't sell pins . . . they barely sell albums. "

Rush is the quintessential band for losers who still live in their mother's basement.

Abba is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too... should they get their own pin?

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Sorry dude, there not gonna make a Boy George pin for ya!

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

They have sold a lot more albums than Rush

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

How about some comic book stuff?

I love the comic theme of JD and was hoping they would do the same with WD, but who knows now that I see the Kiss post.

#42 9 years ago

I thought Gary said no to zombies 2 years ago.

#43 9 years ago

Zombies + custom art + music = Rob Zombie! = Win

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Rush is the quintessential band for losers who still live in their mother's basement.

R u comparing Abba to Rush, what do you listen to? Rush might not be for everyone but they are a great band and pretty much considered one of the greatest bands ever by those among us who play instruments.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

<edited>I'm sure it will come to light as you continue to troll Pinside.

Post edited by moderator: No personal,attacks please.

#46 9 years ago

Hanson

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

R u comparing Abba to Rush, what do you listen to? Rush might not be for everyone but they are a great band and pretty much considered one of the greatest bands ever by those among us who play instruments.

Abba sold a lot more albums. For that matter, so did New Kids on the Block.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

2 out of three aint bad. Arcade Fire sucks balls!

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

<edited> I'm sure it will come to light as you continue to troll Pinside.

Meh. Someone who disagrees with you is a troll eh?

#50 9 years ago

Neither for me. Please whenever you create a poll, add that option!

Post edited by jlm33: edit: thinking of it, artwork for Maiden could be pretty cool.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-band-theme-maiden-or-priest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.