Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Giving the Spiderman Vault will be released down under in a few days on the 18th April and closely followed by Ghostbusters.
    I ordered my(3rd in 3 yrs NiB) SMV and paid a $6k deposit yesterday. Today I reaffirmed a NiB machine will delivered to my door for the agreed price for freight on the invoice.
    It seems the terms and conditions of sale are now this of the main distributor AMD.

Despite Stern machines leaving Chicago NiB they will not sold to private buyers or operators like myself . All machines leaving AMD Sydney will be removed from the box then set up and tested for defects and external damage(I thought quality control was Stern"s job!) The machine will then somehow be repacked where it then travels next day to my state of SA to the local distributor where that distributor will YET again remove it and set up for another test and inspection. I'm told I have to then drive to that distributors location to approve and 'sign off' on the condition of the machine.How ironic to sign off on a NiB!! Following that you may take the machine as is assembled with the box separate or it will be delivered separated but together.
    It seems Bruce at AMD Sydney seems to think spending over $10k of our hard earned cash doesn't warrant the consumer having the joy of unboxing their own big ticket items such as pinball and in doing so is sounding the death knell of the unboxing ceremony in Australia.
    Operators no longer seem capable or trusted to report any out of the box,broken or malfunctioning parts. All Stern pinballs will now be game tested by this distributor.
    I know I feel very annoyed as SMV was going to be a purchase for my business. Now I'm advised unless I accept the machine strapped to pallet after it's been played manhandled in and out of the box by at least 2 crews that the sale will not proceed!

Imagine buying a $10k flat screen and being told by the electrical store it won't be delivered in the box but you need to come in and inspect/test it and then sign off on it. If you're happy you can take your Tv and your empty box home.

Mr G Stern needs to ask itself if it's at peace with the Australian decision to sell their pinballs in this ludicrous and incredibly stupid policy.
    What message does it send about the Stern brand and it's quality control? When the nation's biggest distributor is so paranoid about covering his warranty issues by 1st inspecting a pinball for faults only to ship interstate next day and secondly to repeat the procedure! The local distributor simply cannot trust Stern or the main distributor to have carried out a thorough inspection of a machine that should not be required to be inspected for faults and damage in the first place.
    I won't be having an unboxing ceremony next week or ever again as I won't dictated to in such a manner.
    I miss the good ole days of online or phone ordering!
    Simply make your selection, make your payment and await the joy of taking delivery of a brand new and NiB unopened Stern pinball and proceed with the unboxing ceremony with family and friends.
    On principal alone I will never by a machine in such a way. NiB should be replaced with KNoP(kinda newish on pallet)
    If Stern Australia don't want my money then looks like The Hobbit will be my next NiB. Business must go on but pinball must go on more so.
    ps One can't buy a machine from O/S for delivery in Australia as it breaches a certain distributors trade agreement. There goes the import option; which by the way is $500 cheaper even with freight!

#3 8 years ago

I see where you are coming from, BUT, I bought my WNBJM, BBH and a few second hand games from Joe at KJWHF and this is the way he and Gibo do it to 95% of machines that go through him. They do reck it the way it was so you still get the stoke, less some heart ache. I must say that it appears his customer satisfaction is much higher than people unpacking and find it needs tweaking and/or not setting up properly.
    Think of it like a car, it must be driven to the POS and on the way get man handled and tweaked too!

Enjoy the Spidey Dude

#4 8 years ago

If a new Stern spike machine breaks down, just say like a playstation 4 its mostly happening after a few days.
    How many game's they have to play to make shure it breaks down 50 game's?,then you have a second hand machine.

#5 8 years ago

This would be my preferred method for buying a new game and I live a lot closer to Stern than you do. Your game is traveling close to 10,000 miles. It makes sense to check for problems before sending the game to customers.

#6 8 years ago

I don't find it strange. OK it's maybe strange that it happens 2 times, but at least you'll be sure your machine works as it should and nothing happened / came loose in transport.

After all that's what distributors are for. If you unpack your machine (and it wasn't checked) and something isn't like it should be, instead of contacting Stern directly you should solve the issue with your distributor. Now this distributor must do an effort and is responsible and not just someone who moves boxes.

#7 8 years ago

In another thread the OP demanded and apparently got a NIB replacement for a GoT LE that was found to have damage after it was unboxed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-code-121-up-at-stern/page/2#post-2910553

As a US buyer who received my GoT LE NIB damaged by the shipping company, I received only replacement parts that I installed myself (a new side decal and back box side). I was happy with this solution although it certainly would have been easier to have some one take the first one and replace it with another NIB game but I didn't have that option and I wouldn't want to pay extra for that level of service. If in Australia one can demand a NIB replacement I can see how that would be very expensive for Stern and/or the Australian distributor to correct. Perhaps this policy is directed at trying to minimize these types of expenses.

#8 8 years ago

Last in box I purchased from Jay Richardson in Calgary....he opened it, made some suggested adjustments and tested all function, updated to latest code before delivery. Prior to delivery to myself, it was then restrapped factory style and placed back in box with all packaging. No complaints on his method. I still had NIB experience and knowledge of no issues on set up. My Metallica not so much...picked up from shipping dock, and a few issues, with the last finally showing up 2.5 years later (magnet wiring issues). I can see your side, but peace of mind is nice too.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

I see where you are coming from, BUT, I bought my WNBJM, BBH and a few second hand games from Joe at KJWHF and this is the way he and Gibo do it to 95% of machines that go through him. They do reck it the way it was so you still get the stoke, less some heart ache. I must say that it appears his customer satisfaction is much higher than people unpacking and find it needs tweaking and/or not setting up properly.
    Think of it like a car, it must be driven to the POS and on the way get man handled and tweaked too!
    Enjoy the Spidey Dude

Thanks can't enjoy Spidey if they won't sell me one in the box.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

If a new Stern spike machine breaks down, just say like a playstation 4 its mostly happening after a few days.
    How many game's they have to play to make shure it breaks down 50 game's?,then you have a second hand machine.

Exactly mate, a second hand machine delivered on a pallet.
    I told them The GoT le i bought a few months back had been inspected and 100% and it malfunctioning in 5 different areas! It was exchanged for another also inspected and was even worse and then I was told by a pinsider that Zax amusements had passed of their well used showroom demo model as NiB.
    I'll pass on so called inspections by the Aussie Pinball Mafia. Can you believe just one man controls Stern pinball in Australia.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

This would be my preferred method for buying a new game and I live a lot closer to Stern than you do. Your game is traveling close to 10,000 miles. It makes sense to check for problems before sending the game to customers.

Agreed and I did compromise by accepting just 1 thorough inspection,but they insisted on 2. Keep this in mind though I bought GoT last which was also claimed to be inspected, yet there was damage to decals and on top off that the game was unplayable due to half a dozen serious malfunction. It was eventually refunded in full.
    I am also an operator and have owned pinballs for 34 years and I'm well capable of identifying faults or making out of the box adjustments, certainly better at it than Stern and the Aussie Pinball Mafia Monopoly.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

I don't find it strange. OK it's maybe strange that it happens 2 times, but at least you'll be sure your machine works as it should and nothing happened / came loose in transport.
    After all that's what distributors are for. If you unpack your machine (and it wasn't checked) and something isn't like it should be, instead of contacting Stern directly you should solve the issue with your distributor. Now this distributor must do an effort and is responsible and not just someone who moves boxes.

I think for novice home owners that should be the case. Although if Stern had better quality control this wouldn't be happening in the first place. Operators and pinball purists are often better than many techs in setting up and identifying faults.

#13 8 years ago

Seems like all you have to do is accept the NIB as is if the NIB aspect is so important to you.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

In another thread the OP demanded and apparently got a NIB replacement for a GoT LE that was found to have damage after it was unboxed:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-code-121-up-at-stern/page/2#post-2910553
    As a US buyer who received my GoT LE NIB damaged by the shipping company, I received only replacement parts that I installed myself (a new side decal and back box side). I was happy with this solution although it certainly would have been easier to have some one take the first one and replace it with another NIB game but I didn't have that option and I wouldn't want to pay extra for that level of service. If in Australia one can demand a NIB replacement I can see how that would be very expensive for Stern and/or the Australian distributor to correct. Perhaps this policy is directed at trying to minimize these types of expenses.

That machine (GoT Le) was checked and was 100% claimed to be perfect. It was unplayable when set up,it was exchanged for another which was said to be 100% perfect. The replacement was worse than the exchanged one and also had very obvious external damage despite so called inspection. GoT Le #307 was sold to the customer as NiB which was delivered on a pallet(No box) 307 was eventually refunded and it wasn't demanded it was offered. You can see why I have little faith in distributors inspections.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like all you have to do is accept the NIB as is if the NIB aspect is so important to you.

Knowing my machine has had an unboxing ceremony is important to me. Many will agree there's amount of joy and anticipation in unboxing for the first time something so expensive. I for one love it! In case you misread I actually cash ready to buy but they won't sell it unless inspected twice by 2 companies and delivered on a pallet.
    Australia is completely monopolised with pinball. I refer to the Aussie Pinball Mafia which include AMD and worse is Zax amusements. Down here you simply can't go to another distributor as they are all controlled by just one man which is Bruce Colbourne. Stern need to get there shit together in so many ways that is it far beyond the joke now.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Last in box I purchased from Jay Richardson in Calgary....he opened it, made some suggested adjustments and tested all function, updated to latest code before delivery. Prior to delivery to myself, it was then restrapped factory style and placed back in box with all packaging. No complaints on his method. I still had NIB experience and knowledge of no issues on set up. My Metallica not so much...picked up from shipping dock, and a few issues, with the last finally showing up 2.5 years later (magnet wiring issues). I can see your side, but peace of mind is nice too.

I get your point entirely and I have asked for just 1 thorough inspection despite previously inspected NiB purchases being a complete non event. AMD have insisted on 2 inspection and have ruled out putting it back in the box. I would be happy with this as it still gives me the unboxing experience.

#17 8 years ago

Hmmm, unboxing a NIB is great
    But Sterns QC is shit

Maybe AMD should be yelling louder at Stern to lift their game?

#18 8 years ago

Does this new process apply to just you OP (possibly as a result of the GoT events) or all buyers from AMD? stern obviously needs to minimize the # of replacement games it sends out. Not knowing if issues occur in factory, during shipment to/at AMD, to/at distributor or to/at the buyer I'm not sure how else to know. Or maybe stern too has little trust in the distros u mention since the previously inspected games had issues.

#19 8 years ago

I think that you will have a good customer service in Australia. I've heard that sometimes QC at Stern can be lacking and those guys will be providing you a machine that works without you to have discussions with the importer on the defects, returning the machine etc. Which is better - to have a unboxing cermony with a NIB pin that has defects for you to worry over, or to have a nice new tested and working pin, even though it would not have the box anymore?

#20 8 years ago

If you buy direct from joe in Perth he offers both options to open and not open the box. [DID FOR MY KISS LE],
    if you buy direct from Bruce then you cut down the second opening, in Adelaide I'd only buy direct from Amutech but not sure if he does many nib any more [he is amd warranty repairer] their is another guy that sells stern in Adelaide and would not even chance a purchase with him. What you have to remember I transport machines around town in my van and things wobble lose imagine the 2 month boat ride from the USA. Or the 1700 kms road trip from Sydney a lot of things can go wrong, I do understand not all things your talking about happen in transport but I like the piece of mind that Bruce opens and makes sure every thing is working so I can enjoy my pin straight out of the box.

#21 8 years ago

I find it a bit ironic that what you're complaining about may have, in part, been caused by you. In getting a GOT and having it replaced.

#22 8 years ago

This guy is a complete whinger....

He needs to ask himself why does Australian distributors refuse to sell him NIB????

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from ribbo835:

This guy is a complete winger....
    He needs to ask himself why does Australian distributors refuse to sell him NIB????

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#24 8 years ago

Funny, I once wrote a thread with the exact opposite opinion to that of the OP. I was congratulating AMD on the great job they do before I collect my game. They offer a complete QC check of the game so that when I get it, I dont have to go through all the crap of trying to get it fixed.

As the op knows, these games travel huge distances (30 days In a container) before they get to Sydney, and then to Adelaide. The cost of transporting games within Australia is substantial. So if they deliver another game to you with problems (that have most likely occurred during shipping) and then need to have it returned and replaced, the cost of local freight alone gets ridiculous.

I have to admit, the first time I picked up a game knowing it had been opened, I was a little disappointed. But after a few NIB games I accept it as a necessary trade off for living so far from everywhere.

I'd say they are maybe being overly cautious given your track record, but I can't blame them. It sounds like it would save both you and the distributors a huge amount of hassle and disappointment.

And your implication that there should be more than one Stern distributor in Australia is ridiculous. The size of this market is only barely big enough to support one, let alone more. Even with exclusive distribution for Stern, AMD's business would not be viable if it just relied on Pinball.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from ribbo835:

This guy is a complete winger....

Maybe because he GOT a Full refund on he's 2nd replacement game

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from skywalker:

Maybe because he GOT a Full refund on he's 2nd replacement game

And apparently still not happy .......

#27 8 years ago

When I still had my route, I would occasionally deliver a new pin to an end customer.

I would ALWAYS run the game for 24 hours, do the lamp, switch and solenoid tests.

I can fix something in a minute that a customer would waste 20 minutes on the phone explaining, arguing, wanting a whole new game......

#28 8 years ago

It's a lot of extra work for AMD to do this and I am sure they are doing this for a reason. Personally I'd rather have these guys double checking my game so that my first games on my new machine are not tarnished by a technical issue tat might take days or even weeks to resolve.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Hmmm, unboxing a NIB is great
    But Sterns QC is shit
    Maybe AMD should be yelling louder at Stern to lift their game?

AMD Sydney do not give a flying fuck, they have the monopoly and if you want a Stern pinball you will march to the beat of AMD's drum!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

It's a lot of extra work for AMD to do this and I am sure they are doing this for a reason. Personally I'd rather have these guys double checking my game so that my first games on my new machine are not tarnished by a technical issue tat might take days or even weeks to resolve.

Mate both AMD and Zax only claim to test it and then deliver shit to my door ...twice in 6 weeks. I'm all for a tested machine after O/S travel. Simply I want it back in the box as it came from Chicago. $10650 prem price for Spidey for old technology given no Spike system! I really don't think it's too much to ask for original packaging!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Beemus:

Does this new process apply to just you OP (possibly as a result of the GoT events) or all buyers from AMD? stern obviously needs to minimize the # of replacement games it sends out. Not knowing if issues occur in factory, during shipment to/at AMD, to/at distributor or to/at the buyer I'm not sure how else to know. Or maybe stern too has little trust in the distros u mention since the previously inspected games had issues.

Below is the official position of AMD's owner as I thought the same after the GoT Le debacle.

Scott,
    We don’t ship any machines new in box to any individuals purchasing pinballs,from AMD Sydney.
    This is not personal Scott!
    This is our policy and I’m sticking to it.
    Rgds,

BRUCE COLBOURNE
    MANAGING DIRECTOR

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I think that you will have a good customer service in Australia. I've heard that sometimes QC at Stern can be lacking and those guys will be providing you a machine that works without you to have discussions with the importer on the defects, returning the machine etc. Which is better - to have a unboxing cermony with a NIB pin that has defects for you to worry over, or to have a nice new tested and working pin, even though it would not have the box anymore?

You and many others seem to be missing the whole point!
    I was sold 2 GoT le's which I was told had been tested and checked thoroughly and were operating 100%. Clearly this was a blatant lie on 2 occasions. It was me who discovered multiple issues with both LE's not the useless techs at AMD and Zax. I provided hi res pics and video footage but the Pinball mafia here still said it was "100%" but yet i was offered a refund! Who refunds perfect machines?

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I find it a bit ironic that what you're complaining about may have, in part, been caused by you. In getting a GOT and having it replaced.

I find it ironic die hard Stern fans will put up with just about anything to buy one!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from ribbo835:

This guy is a complete whinger....

Indeed Ribbo,no reason to complain after all is there. Everythings just dandy with Stern tables and distributors. Maybe my backbone is more intact than others as a consumer.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Funny, I once wrote a thread with the exact opposite opinion to that of the OP. I was congratulating AMD on the great job they do before I collect my game. They offer a complete QC check of the game so that when I get it, I dont have to go through all the crap of trying to get it fixed.
    As the op knows, these games travel huge distances (30 days In a container) before they get to Sydney, and then to Adelaide. The cost of transporting games within Australia is substantial. So if they deliver another game to you with problems (that have most likely occurred during shipping) and then need to have it returned and replaced, the cost of local freight alone gets ridiculous.
    I have to admit, the first time I picked up a game knowing it had been opened, I was a little disappointed. But after a few NIB games I accept it as a necessary trade off for living so far from everywhere.
    I'd say they are maybe being overly cautious given your track record, but I can't blame them. It sounds like it would save both you and the distributors a huge amount of hassle and disappointment.
    And your implication that there should be more than one Stern distributor in Australia is ridiculous. The size of this market is only barely big enough to support one, let alone more. Even with exclusive distribution for Stern, AMD's business would not be viable if it just relied on Pinball.

Yeh it would nice if they actually tested them instead of just saying they test them. Clearly both GoT Le's were not tested and the defects had nothing to do with transit but Sterns lack of quality control.
    AMD's monopoly is just too powerful that they can dictate their own policy above Stern's. Time old man went ahead with his retirement.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

lol you missed the point as well mate ;-0

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah for sure mate totally all my fault.. for trusting a company with a very poor quality record!

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bet7676:

If you buy direct from joe in Perth he offers both options to open and not open the box. [DID FOR MY KISS LE],
    if you buy direct from Bruce then you cut down the second opening, in Adelaide I'd only buy direct from Amutech but not sure if he does many nib any more [he is amd warranty repairer] their is another guy that sells stern in Adelaide and would not even chance a purchase with him. What you have to remember I transport machines around town in my van and things wobble lose imagine the 2 month boat ride from the USA. Or the 1700 kms road trip from Sydney a lot of things can go wrong, I do understand not all things your talking about happen in transport but I like the piece of mind that Bruce opens and makes sure every thing is working so I can enjoy my pin straight out of the box.

Well I wouldn't go near Gary at Amutech after what I saw in his workshop once and at my home once. I asked that Amutech not be the warranty repairer due to his reputation and I chose my own warranty repairer and it was no issue at all with AMD.
    I've owned pinballs for 34 years and am well capable of the checks required after transport. I do this check after every it travels to and from hire.
    I did try Joe first but he was sold out, in fact I tried everyone I know in the nation in order not to deal with Bruce at AMD.
    However you also missed the point that 2 previous Le's I bought were only said to be tested 100% when neither were.

This is my whole point. Receiving NiB on a pallet with no box for resale value and a machine with half a dozen serious malfunctions not caused by freight. Buying Stern here is really rolling the dice and it cost me lost of revenue of $2k!
    You'll have to forgive my "whinging" on the matter if I don't trust what was said be done thoroughly was in fact not done at all. Even blind Freddy could see that.
    Keep in mind there was no history or ill will then. Previously I had bought nib as well as twin car arcade racer,shooters and crane game from both Zak and Bruce and we all had professional and courteous dealings over the years.
    Thanks for a reasonable a balanced response on the matter.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Beemus:

Scott,
    We don’t ship any machines new in box to any individuals purchasing pinballs,from AMD Sydney.
    This is not personal Scott!
    This is our policy and I’m sticking to it.
    Rgds,

BRUCE COLBOURNE
    MANAGING DIRECTOR

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

Try 3 months to resolve while I lost $2k to my business and that was on 2 machines said to be tested 100%. Forgive my lack of faith.

#41 8 years ago

You can still get a game from the US. You just have to ask the right questions. I've done it. Just not at the moment as our dollar is still too low.

I will say that for the novice the option to have the techs look over a game is a good one for some. But I hear you. WWF with decals falling off even AFTER it was checked by AMD?? A mate of mine was asked to help with the checking of the high volume of AC/DC when they arrived. He was surprised at some of the issues and has been in the industry for over 20 years. The biggest laugh was a set of legs with one 2" shorter than the others WTF? But I get the core of your original gripe. You want to be the first one to open it. They would probably allow it if you signed a warranty waver but that's not really fair either. We forget it's a commercial product sometimes. I'm amazed at Peoples reaction when I tell what is actually warranted. Boards and that's about it. So while the service is sometimes erratic they do try to look after the end user with replacements and that is usually Stern motivated than distributor.

Gary and Bruce have been mates for years so there won't be changes until they both retire and it will probably be at the same time. Bruce should be bought out by Michael by the end of this year is what I've heard. Not sure what difference if any it will make. As you say you have a choice which is nice. Go JJP, Spooky, DP, Heighway. I guess you can vote for Stern with your absence.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

. I'm amazed at Peoples reaction when I tell what is actually warranted. Boards and that's about it. So while the service is sometimes erratic they do try to look after the end user with replacements and that is usually Stern motivated than distributor.

actually no
    it does not matter what is written on the back page of the manual, Australian consumer law overrides it

I am not an expert on these laws, but (as far as I know) Australians are entitled to a machine that works, if it does not work, then the sellers must repair or replace within a set time

it does not matter if it is the electronics, or the wooden cabinet
    it does not matter if the buyer is a home user or a commercial operator

#43 8 years ago

actually no
    it does not matter what is written on the back page of the manual, Australian consumer law overrides it

For that to be true you would have to prove/satisfy that "the goods or services are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use". I suggest the judge would not accept pinball machines under that? what do you think?

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

You can still get a game from the US. You just have to ask the right questions. I've done it. Just not at the moment as our dollar is still too low.
    I will say that for the novice the option to have the techs look over a game is a good one for some. But I hear you. WWF with decals falling off even AFTER it was checked by AMD?? A mate of mine was asked to help with the checking of the high volume of AC/DC when they arrived. He was surprised at some of the issues and has been in the industry for over 20 years. The biggest laugh was a set of legs with one 2" shorter than the others WTF? But I get the core of your original gripe. You want to be the first one to open it. They would probably allow it if you signed a warranty waver but that's not really fair either. We forget it's a commercial product sometimes. I'm amazed at Peoples reaction when I tell what is actually warranted. Boards and that's about it. So while the service is sometimes erratic they do try to look after the end user with replacements and that is usually Stern motivated than distributor.
    Gary and Bruce have been mates for years so there won't be changes until they both retire and it will probably be at the same time. Bruce should be bought out by Michael by the end of this year is what I've heard. Not sure what difference if any it will make. As you say you have a choice which is nice. Go JJP, Spooky, DP, Heighway. I guess you can vote for Stern with your absence.

Thanks Yeah I tried an O/S purchased. However due to distribution rights in each they could not supply as it infringed upon AMD's distribution rights.
    Given Michael will be taking over AMD i have no faith of any changes as IMO Michael is cut from the same cloth.
    I thought the same as you,that is if one wants NiB unopened you will have to forfeit some or all of the warranty.
    Legs 2" short .lol reckon I've heard it all now

#45 8 years ago

actually no
    I am not an expert on these laws, but (as far as I know) Australians are entitled to a machine that works, if it does not work, then the sellers must repair or replace within a set time
    it does not matter if it is the electronics, or the wooden cabinet
    it does not matter if the buyer is a home user or a commercial operator

Thanks you are correct and I did need to seek advice prior to exchange and then eventual refund.
    The 3 months Stern warranty is over ridden by Australian Consumer Law which states 12 months. Catastrophic failure of the first GoT Le is which led to the replacement GoT Le #307(whoever has bought this machine should contact me as it's an ex demo and 2nd hand which has been hired and well thrashed and Le# 356 i think was the first GoT Le should also contact me)
    Plenty of stall of tactic were applied and the parts which were agreed to be replaced still hadn't shown up after 3 months and no time would be given of their arrival,hence the refund was offered minus the cost of 3 interstate shipping fees. I again invoked Aussie consumer laws and insisted on a full refund which Zax refused but Bruce had to over ride that after he said Gary Stern had instructed the refund personally; which I don't believe at all.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

For that to be true you would have to prove/satisfy that "the goods or services are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use". I suggest the judge would not accept pinball machines under that? what do you think?

Actually popbumperPete is correct.
    Besides it would be very stupid of Stern,AMD or Zax to let a situation like that get to court. It's pretty easy to prove a malfunctioning and damaged pinball. Hi Res pic and video don't lie.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

Like I said, I am not an expert on Australian consumer regulations

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Thanks Yeah I tried an O/S purchased. However due to distribution rights in each they could not supply as it infringed upon AMD's distribution rights.

Not sure how parallel importing a game is going to help. You might (fingers crossed) get it "NIB" but then you have no warranty at all. In the case of your faulty GOTle's, you'd be stuck with the first one. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

#49 8 years ago

Bruce & Michael @ AMD are great guy's have purchased 9 NIB STERNS had them all checked out, some mods added ,repacked and shipped.
    Received all 9 NIB STERNS i got to unpack them from brown cardboard STERN boxes no damage in shipping it was all still a lot of joy for my family and myself .
    I really think the guy's @ AMD do a great job in looking after the customer base they have built over many years in the amusement business

#50 8 years ago

Scott,
    what were the issues with the GOTLE?

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newsflash-stern-all-nib-no-longer-available-in-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.