(Topic ID: 32993)

News that makes you sick you missed out...

By The_Director

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kypinguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0224.JPG
    DSCN0225.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Called a guy recently who runs a small billiards/arcade in a very small town in NC. He used to have pins, but it's been awhile. Anyway, figured I'd call and see if he had any for sale, and he told me he sold two tractor trailer loads full about a year ago. This being a guy who likely doesn't use the internet or know much about going value on machines, I'm sure someone got a heck of a deal....makes me sick I was a day late and a dollar short on this on.

Any of you guys score a huge load in NC not too long back?

#2 11 years ago

And you believed him ?

Small billiards/arcade, yet he had TWO tractor trailer loads of pins.

Something isn't right there.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Only reason I took for face value was that he has run the place, at least some variation, for nearly 50 years. He rotated many out of storage over the years. I have a feeling many were older ones though, if indeed his word was true.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Only reason I took for face value was that he has run the place, at least some variation, for nearly 50 years. He rotated many out of storage over the years. I have a feeling many were older ones though, if indeed his word was true.

Not to mention if these things were stored that long they were probably land fill by now.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks, Lloyd -- that does help me feel a little better about it, though I'd love to dream it was the land of TZs and MMs haha. I do know he had a nice Fish Tales in the mix at one point, but that's all memory serves.

#6 11 years ago

Warehouse finds can be discovered, but those are quickly becoming a very rare scenario now.

It may have been a hoax, but I found a SWT on CL for $50. That would have been a sweet find!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I do know he had a nice Fish Tales in the mix at one point, but that's all memory serves.

If that is the best you remember, you didn't miss anything.

Some years back an op way North of me went under. A few got all excited about all the pins coming in dirt cheap.

I did some checking, they rarely bought pins, and if they did it was close outs, Baywatch, Rescue 911, and they never maintained them - ran them into the ground.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Warehouse finds can be discovered, but those are quickly becoming a very rare scenario now.
    It may have been a hoax, but I found a SWT on CL for $50. That would have been a sweet find!

$50 for a hoax isn't worth the bother. Makes you wonder.

#9 11 years ago

Oh, they're out there but I would agree, warehouse finds are becoming fewer and fewer.

Don't listen to LTG, Mr. Doom and Gloom. I'd still make the calls, just don't hold your breath.

I didn't expect much when I contacted this op in SD last January. Me and my buddy Brian were pleasantly surprised.

DSCN0225.JPGDSCN0225.JPG DSCN0224.JPGDSCN0224.JPG

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Don't listen to LTG, Mr. Doom and Gloom.

Too funny.

The original poster was talking about two tractor trailer loads that were gone a year before he contacted him.

I was pointing out not to get his hopes up on a missed "deal".

I never said to not be out there trying to find games. Look how good Bryan's deal turned out. That first picture - game in the middle is so excited to see Bryan it wet the floor.

#11 11 years ago

Several years ago I missed a ToM for $800, and last year I missed one by a week from an operator for $1800. I've been lucky a few times as well, but it's normally one-at-a-time and maybe once a year that I get a really good deal.

Warehouse raids are still possible, but the operators usually watch "American Pickers" and "Storage Wars" for their price guide. Apparently water damage and rat droppings add value to games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/news-that-makes-you-sick-you-missed-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.