Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1DC0BC68-2C02-40CC-9026-29944AF43E26 (resized).png
    9FFCA7DF-CBA2-46E2-BFEB-8192BDCF7267 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Have a look at this pic from JJP.
    “New pinball machines as far as the eye can see”, says JJP on Facebook. I guess it depends on how you define new? New old stock or new fresh off the line?

9FFCA7DF-CBA2-46E2-BFEB-8192BDCF7267 (resized).jpeg9FFCA7DF-CBA2-46E2-BFEB-8192BDCF7267 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

What does this have to do with The Hobbit? I don't see any Hobbits; am I missing something?

#3 3 years ago

Very possible that's just a straggler sitting around for whatever reason, and whoever took the pic didn't mean to include it. Would be pretty surprising if they rerelease Hobbit and not Pirates

Quoted from DakotaMike:

What does this have to do with The Hobbit? I don't see any Hobbits; am I missing something?

Far left, back box art of Gandalf is visible.

#4 3 years ago

Agreed - would be surprising, but at the same time..... I wouldn't mind a minty fresh Hobbit built in the new cabinet. For that matter - bring on some more POTC machines and WOZ machines (with the monkey of course)!

#5 3 years ago

Nah, just alot of Wonkas before they shift over to their next game.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

“New pinball machines as far as the eye can see”, says JJP on Facebook. I guess it depends on how you define new? New old stock or new fresh off the line?[quoted image]

Right???Hobbit Vault?And then they took out all the Wonka’s they had ready to ship and put them on the new production line to fool Pinside.Damn Pinside is hard work!

#7 3 years ago

Man how did you see that Gandolf all the way back there! Thats some good carrots you been eating. Good peepers, keep up the good work.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man how did you see that Gandolf all the way back there! Thats some good carrots you been eating. Good peepers, keep up the good work.

I feel like this was bait from JJP to get us talking... lol
    I can’t see any other reason to have that game on the floor...

#9 3 years ago

I would be a POTC buyer if they re-release.

#10 3 years ago

Can’t decide if “News” followed by two question marks and an exclamation point is more Pinball, or more 2020.

#11 3 years ago

Or just a test cab like stern does.

#12 3 years ago

surely the bigger question is why are they making more Wonka's?!

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Its an awesome game....u should play it sometime

#14 3 years ago

Would be an odd move. I love mine but they don't command that high of a price.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My guess and this is just a guess is they’re filling orders for games people want.Wonka is a top 10 pin!

#16 3 years ago

I’d be in for a hobbit retheme to NGG2

Delete smaug and that target bank for the slam ramp/hole in one off the 3rd flipper

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I can’t see any other reason to have that game on the floor...

Take into consideration that they just moved to a new location. For all we know that Hobbit machine is one they plan to use in a showroom to show off with other JJP games. There's only one in the picture and maybe there's a WoZ, DI and Pirates out of camera view.

The title of this thread is very misleading as there's NO "news" .... just specualtion.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Take into consideration that they just moved to a new location. For all we know that Hobbit machine is one they plan to use in a showroom to show off with other JJP games. There's only one in the picture and maybe there's a WoZ, DI and Pirates out of camera view.

That is what I thought. Game in the JJP show room in NJ. Crated up. Shipped to Chicago. Uncrate and set it up for JJP showroom in Chicago.

LTG : )

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is what I thought. Game in the JJP show room in NJ. Crated up. Shipped to Chicago. Uncrate and set it up for JJP showroom in Chicago.

Yes but I posted it first Lloyd so don't try to steal my thunder!

(did I type that slow enough)

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Yes but I posted it first Lloyd so don't try to steal my thunder!

(did I type that slow enough)

W----h----a----t----?

Disclaimer : All thunder belongs to meSz

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

On the upper far left the head to a Hobbit can be seen it means little as in the Stern factory there are old heads they use for testing

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

“New pinball machines as far as the eye can see”, says JJP on Facebook. I guess it depends on how you define new? New old stock or new fresh off the line?[quoted image]

Crazy idea that a pinball company might have one of their own games around for testing....play....etc.?

Doubt they could stir up the comparative interest that rerunning POTC would capture.

#23 3 years ago

You guys could certainly be right, I just remembered hearing jack talk about re-running games on a podcast, and thought they might have been making a hint on Facebook. I may have taken them too literally with the “New games as far as the eye can see.” When I read that, I immediately thought they might be giving a clue with the hobbit at the back. All in fun.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

You guys could certainly be right, I just remembered hearing jack talk about re-running games on a podcast, and thought they might have been making a hint on Facebook. I may have taken them too literally with the “New games as far as the eye can see.” When I read that, I immediately thought they might be giving a clue with the hobbit at the back. All in fun.

1DC0BC68-2C02-40CC-9026-29944AF43E26 (resized).png1DC0BC68-2C02-40CC-9026-29944AF43E26 (resized).png
    #25 3 years ago

Hobbit needs a complete redo not a re release imo

#26 3 years ago

I have worked for a number of tech hardware companies over the years, and in the manufacturing line areas there was always a test-jig or other 'custom made testing tool' which was based on a gutted model of our earlier products. It was always easier to grab an old hardware unit and Frankenstein whatever we needed to have access to for new models testing. (power supplies, I/O components, displays and processors, etc). They may in fact be using the entire backbox with a completely different playfield, since they are basically the same across the titles. It is quite possible that if they zoomed in on the Hobbit machine, you might be horrified at what they have done to it! 8-)

But then again, it may just be an old machine where the assembly line folks can simply take a break and unwind for 15 minutes...

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have worked for a number of tech hardware companies over the years, and in the manufacturing line areas there was always a test-jig or other 'custom made testing tool' which was based on a gutted model of our earlier products. It was always easier to grab an old hardware unit and Frankenstein whatever we needed to have access to for new models testing. (power supplies, I/O components, displays and processors, etc). They may in fact be using the entire backbox with a completely different playfield, since they are basically the same across the titles. It is quite possible that if they zoomed in on the Hobbit machine, you might be horrified at what they have done to it! 8-)
    But then again, it may just be an old machine where the assembly line folks can simply take a break and unwind for 15 minutes...

Might doubt that theory if the rumored (Pinside) no future wide bodies was correct. Doubt a wide body game would be the test bed for future games.

#28 3 years ago

prob fresh out of the employees lunch room.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

prob fresh out of the employees lunch room.

Cabinet’s full of microwaves.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hobbit needs a complete redo not a re release imo

Guess you haven't heard, you aren't allowed to criticize that pin around here.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I would be a POTC buyer if they re-release.

Well, you may be in luck...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/news-jjp-to-re-release-hobbit?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.