Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kruzman_secrets.png
    20170206_120846 (resized).jpg
    pfcrate (resized).jpg
    dr4 (resized).jpg
    dr2 (resized).jpg
    dr3 (resized).jpg
    dr (resized).jpg
    61523957 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0841 (resized).JPG
    FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
    IMG_0839 (resized).JPG
    PB239267 (resized).JPG
    PB239258 (resized).JPG
    P8317555 (resized).JPG
    PC107879 (resized).JPG
    PB229161 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

NEW/NOS playfields available Jan.

Added: 2016-10-10 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 11th, 2017) • Ended: February 22nd, 2017
    Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 800 (OBO)

Open for offers

All pf's listed are new/nos. All have their stock clear or finish unless noted. Each pf has its own story and condition. So the price can be if you want it cleared and ready to go, or if you want it as is, even if it has flaws.Clear service is available for all. Trades or partial trades for other new/nos titles are awesome. Drill and dimple service is available for your pf, I have templates for over 130 titles.
    PF's available

totan cpr
    no fear
    Indy 500
    Data east star wars has 2 chips about 1 cm each so needs touch up and clearcoat
    simpsons stern
    Playboy Bally cpr Very nice
    batman dark knight
    batman forever
    star wars pin 2000
    strikes and spares cpr and nos
    corvette cpr plus plastics
    Rolling Stones LE
    ACDC preimum and pro
    Fish tales cpr
    afm nice mirco
    Ted Nugent
    DE WWF set
    CSI
    Jackbot
    Spiderman stern
    spiderman gottlieb clearcoated
    Hulk gottlieb clearcoated
    Fire
    Joker poker cpr gold
    Mini pool/bumper pool
    NBA fastbreak cleared by bill davis
    Lucky strike repro krauss
    world champ repro krauss
    transformers
    spring break
    Kicker/team one
    Indy jones 4
    game show
    road kings
    wheel of fortuine
    dragon EM
    car hop
    Monte carlo gottlieb
    Harley davidson stern
    Metallica LE some scratching
    metallica pro 2 chips 1 cm each
    Paragon Black ink smeared in 3 small inserts
    I have a lot of used pf's (about 100)

I am buying any new pf's but I also need the following populated pf titles
    Bally playboy
    strikes and spares
    joker poker
    gottlien hulk and spiderman
    Thank you for your support. __________@___________ [email removed]
    Delivery available anywhere.

Item photos

P5058499 (resized).JPG
    P5058611 (resized).JPG
    PB229161 (resized).JPG
    PC107879 (resized).JPG
    P8317555 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://[email protected]

Seller insights

These are kruzman's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to kruzman's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Galesburg, MI, US

#2 7 years ago

New additions:
    BATMAN FOREVER
    Medevil Madness
    Thanks again to my supporters/friends/customers
    kruzman

#3 7 years ago

Wanted: DE STAR WARS pf to make dimple pattern from. I dont drill or harm the pf at all, so if you want to loan it I will pay rent and shipping. otherwise I will buy one. used or new, as long as it is dimpled. The one I have for sale is not dimpled.

#5 7 years ago

There is another I500 available that is not getting cleared, so if someone wants one stock... or someone wants one cleared, I have them both

1 week later
    #6 7 years ago

I forget to mention that besides clearcoating, pf drilling and dimpling is available for over 125 titles.
    Also add a black knight upper pf to the available list. It is a cpr. The inserts on the lower are so far off, I cant make them look right, but the upper looks perfect.
    Kruzman. Galesburg

3 weeks later
    #12 7 years ago

Hello, as of today I have no FG, which are in very high demand. I have never seen a nos blackout, but I sold 7 EBD pf;s this year and I have none at the moment.
    The Twilight Zone pf set is a mirco repro. it is the 3 magnet, and the colors are red not pink. I didnt know there was a variety of green lock inserts in the reporoductions.

Playfields no longer available
    KISS
    DR dude diamond plate eddition.
    Junk Yard

Some NEW PF TITLES IN:
    Silver Knight. cpr bk reproduction limited eddition of 30. comes with expanded plastic set and number plack
    NOS tales of arabian Knights. NOT a cpr repro
    Getaway cpr gold
    metallica LE
    metallica pro
    Rolling Stones LE
    Strikes and spares. I have 2 nos very affordable
    medieval Maddness. Repro, definatly the nicest I have ever had
    Simpsons pin party
    Indy 500

Besides clearcoat service, I offer drill and dimple service for over 150 titles. So if you have a pf that is not dimpled, its the best money spent to get it done before you get started

#14 7 years ago

I have 3 genesis, but I am not going to sell them. I plan to hoard them all to myself. and as for pool sharks, thats just raciest

#16 7 years ago

I bought a used desw pf to make the template from, it just has not been delivered yet. thank you.

1 week later
    #19 7 years ago

Here is an update:
    I will watch for a white water, I asume you mean mirco repro.
    I did buy a used DESW so that I can make a template for my nos that is for sale
    A couple pf's are on hold or no longer available
    MM
    TZ
    BKs

Also I got a great deal on a couple bally strikes and spares NOS. Prices are 325 and 450.
    Thanks again to my supporters.
    kruzman. galesburg mi

PB239258 (resized).JPGPB239258 (resized).JPG

PB239267 (resized).JPGPB239267 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #23 7 years ago

I think I am going. To pull the hulk off the list. I have so much in to it that I keep hearing "tjats more than I paid for the game"
    So I am probably going to find a game for it

2 weeks later
    #26 7 years ago

The stern spiderman is pulled off the list temporarily.

COMMING SOON:
    I have 2 cpr black knight sets that have some issues I am working on, so they will be fixed up and clearcoated.

The metallica LE and pro have some scratches, so they are marked down. Both can be fixed or used for art until you need them, then get them fixed which is what I would suggest. They are getting very hard to find lately

I have a nos shadow, that I plan to clear. It wont be done for about 8 weeks but is available now.

I am waiting for delivery of the very last gottlieb Knock out. I also have a Shay new backglass for it.

I want to thank all of my supporters over the years. cheers

Sorry I have to keeo mentioning this, BUt if you help me stay stocked by selling me pf;s at a fair price, I will give you a substansial discount when you need a pf, or service. Comes around goes around.

#29 7 years ago

The black knights both are what they would call now bronze, meaning the print is off center to the right of the inserts. One of the pf's I bought knowing and the other someone sold to me, and I was dumb enough to trust that they had never opened it (which they hadnt) but I paid top dollar for that one.
    So long story on the BK's is I have both in the studio. since I have to paint them, I have to clear them. (both pf's). I charge 550 for my clear process for a regular pf, and a bk is a lot more work than just one pf. So if you think before you contact me, its not going to be like 900 as people seem to think. I wont know the price until they are done, because I just dont know how many hours I will have to put in to them.
    So the bk pf's are sort of on hold until they are complete. sorry

#31 7 years ago

I just picked up 15 new/nos pf's (and boy my arms are tired). I have cleared a pro and le walking dead so far, they look fantastic cleared, and then wet block sanded so they are super level. Gives the blood some depth and dimention.

#33 7 years ago

I apologize for being vague. Some folks dont know that I am a full time pf restorer, clearcoater. I collect the pf's as a very expensive hobby, and I try to offer them to people that I enjoy in a way that they are not going to be suprised in a bad way when they recieve them. About 30% of the pf's I buy have something between a bad suprise the seller claims to not have noticed, to all out burned ripped off. So when peop,le buy a pf from me they will know what to expect.
    My intention was to do a co op type of thing where people would sell them to me at a reasonable price and then I sell at a reasonable price. That didnt work. about once a year one of my people sell me a pf or pf's at a fair or good deal. The rest sell the pf's at the most they can possible get, but then want to get them as cheap as possible from me . Plus I dont get a vendor discount from any of the reproduction manufactures, so I pay what you all pay.

As for the TWD pf's that I mentioned how good they look when cleared correctly, I was refering to the couple I have done this year. I dont own any. sorry.

also it looks like the paragon I am selling for a customer is spoken for.

Here are some of the new titles I picked up
    shadow (still have not picked it up)
    speak easy
    nitro ground shaker gold /plastic set
    centaur came uncleared from cpr so has to be cleared
    fathom cpr
    Knockout (has not been delivered yet)
    TAF gold NOS
    STTNG it was suppose to be nos but it is actually used and cleared with a rattle can with no prep, so it is going to take a lot of work to fix, and I am not sure I can (to my standards)
    Judge dread
    Twilight Zone NOS
    Popeye
    No fear
    2 more that I have not seens yet or TBA

#40 7 years ago

Both John and I had one for quite a while, what you want to watch for is one that does not have cracks around those inserts right between the slingshots. They were available back in the good ol days, now they are as rare as all of the dmd bally williams.
    I wonder how many people on or in RPG like 10 years ago compaired to how many are involved with pinside now. for some reason I thought there was like 30,000 pinsiders? I would guess 10 years ago it would have been less than 5000. If anyone knows, let me know so I can tell the next person who thinks I am a bum because I work on pinball pfs for a living, what the score is.

#56 7 years ago

I am not sure where the misunderstanding came from but the worst thing you can do is leave the pf in the crate. Take the pf out as soon as it arrives. It is packed with insulation sheets that are 1/2 thick and wrapped in tissue paper and then thick paper. If anything is pressing on the clear it will easily leave an indentation, or mar the finish I spent 2 days sanding and polishing. if you store your pf in the crate, remove it from the wrapping and take out the packing so the pf can sit loosly in the crate with nothing touching the cleared surface.
    When I pack the crate, I make it so there is just enough pressure on the pf to hold it in place, but if it is left there for longer than absolutly necessary the surface will absorb whatever pressure is on it (after I ran a 13 lb milwaukee buffer for 8 hours on it).
    also there will be no ventilation for the clear to air out.

#57 7 years ago

The best way to contact me is [email protected]
    I check this email at least once a day, and I return all of the emails I get.

#66 7 years ago

The important thing about storing pf's is to check on them every month. if they start warping a bit turn them around and let them self correct. The thing to remember is a pf with a serious warp straightens right out when 40-60 lbs of parts are screwed to it along with the side rails. Installing side rails is a great thing for storing pf to keep it true. What happens with plywood sometimes is one of the plys is half bark or one ply is way stronger than the other. this causes the twist, which will scare you at first, but the way they sit in the game, and with the side rails and parts weight, warping is the least of your worries.
    Mitch has a crate, and has it stored right. he can screw on the lid as long as it is at an angle and nothing is touching the cleared surface and it is all supported from the back by the packing. If you don't have a crate. I just try to keep them as close to 90 deg (not temp) and every month adjust. many times they will warp in the shop because they just got shipped from the reproduction maker and the wood is still curing. Just keep an eye. I have set the pfs up on the edge of my bed so they are at a 45 deg angle and piled books on top. wait a week and it gets better. The good thing about keeping it in the crate once you have removed the packing that is touching the surface is it mellows out the temp changes. if the humidity or temp changes drastically, the crate with all of that insulation keeps it from being effected.

#67 7 years ago

I have always been apprehensive to publicly post my process, for fear of people putting me out of business. Lately I have had to write this out 2 or 3 times a day, and I am not smart enough to just cut and paste it for some reason.
    I will leave out a couple trade secrets, but here is the jist of it
    If it is a reproduction that was just made, it needs to cure they don't look like they do when you first get them, say after 3 months. So they have to sit in a ventilated area over 70 deg. after a while I sand off as much of the clear as I can, until I get in to ink. The highest points of ink are the black keylines around inserts. many or most of the time I get in to at least one of those insert keylines. many times when I sand the clear level to the inserts there are cracks around the inserts (hairline). many people don't deal with them. I think the whole effort is a failure if there is a hairline crack around the inserts. On nos pf's, most of the time the clear is older than its designed life time of 30 years. Sometimes you cant see it, but it is cracked and you don't want it to be the foundation of your new clear, so I sand that all the way down. In this case I always get in to the inserts with the sander because the inserts are not level. Most nos pf's have at least half of the inserts with cracks around them.
    I put the pf on the light table and check if the text on the inserts is dark enough, also if the insert is centered enough that wood is not showing when lit. I fix that stuff.
    I mask all of the inserts on the back and I seal the back of the pf with 3 coats of a different material than the front, that will soak in to the wood. This stops future planking, moisture, and dirt from sticking. If you have done a swap and when all done there are finger prints everywhere, you will be happy with one of my pf's.

some pf's need the inserts leveled, and many of the mid70's and earlier need regluing. if one insert is loose, I do them all, because it wont be long before another will come loose, and if that happens after the clear coat, you are up a river.

Most of the reproduction pf's have the roll over star inserts clogged with clear enough that if I test it with my star than has the nub cut off the end of the stem, they don't move like you need them to.Fixing this issue is time consuming and delicate. Most people don't do this either.

It is so important to get the first coat right, that is the foundation for the next 30 years. On some reproductions, they use a sealer before they clear to stop the inserts, from crackling. this is a brown syrup material that you can not sand, if you do it will look like horrible scratching. so I cant sand down to the bottom of the clear because if I hit that sealer, I am screwed, and it will look horrible. So unfortunately on some reproductions, I cant get to the place where I want for my foundation, but you cant always get what you want. My point is lets say the edge of an insert is a little lower than the surface, your da sander will not get in there, and even though it is just 2 mm, this is where ghosting comes from because clear will not stick to unsanded surface!!!!!! not for long, and not when a ball smacks it.
    So just this year I started a new sub process that is hand sanding to get all the little places that are still glossy because they are below the surface, like dimples, drilled holes edges, whatever. Even if a screw is going in there, I figure if the clear lifts anywhere it will be where a screw is pulling up on it. so the areas that I thought were not too important actually are very important. Its just a matter of time. the more time you spend the better.

My personal process comes from 11 years of doing it full time, along with a couple classes at PPG training facility. So I spray 2 coats in a set, and then I allow to cure for 15 days, sand and do everything I mentioned above, do it again. I build up 8 coats. at this point it looks awesome, so I sand it down and make it ugly again. the clear grabs on to the edges of the cut outs and makes little lips or ramps. So if I didn't sand level it would be all over the place, like the tourist trap the mystery place, even though I sanded between each set of coats. After I go thru all of the grits, then I wet block sand it up to 3000 grit.
    Now the crappy part. I run a buffer on it for 6-10 hours. after an hour or so I can do a final quality check, and about 15% of the time I am not happy, and I sand it all down, clean my compounds, and re coat, and try again. If it passed, I continue polishing until it is like glass.
    Here is another rare thing, I then take it in the house and I run a towel thru all of the holes and clean the compound out of all of the cut outs and holes. quality check again, and them do a final polish and seal with a poly sealant similar to carnuba wax but for clearcoats.

If there are any flaws on the art work that is no problem but they have to be fixed. I don't do different levels of quality, only my best on each plank. so for art work, I don't touch up. I repaint that color, and the whole area of that color effected. I don't paint on top of clear because of the effect of the floating touch up. I charge hourly for that. Otherwise the process is $550. If there is less than 1 hour of painting, like the cracks on some inserts, I do that for free. if more than an hour, or matching colors, I have to charge a shop rate.

All pf's that have my clear have to be shipped in a wood crate. you can make your own or buy mine.

So there it is. I write this out several times day, so I am thinking some of you may read this and then say I am familiar with your process. Others may not have to ask why it cost so much. With the new hand sanding every set of coats, it brings the man hours up to 24-30 without art.

Right now I am booker over a year on restorations. I put clearcoats first, and I set aside a week a month to work on restorations (generally) sometimes twice as much, sometimes less.

A clearcoat job takes around 12 weeks.
    so there is a hole bunch of info for you all, as well as a recipe to be my competition.

Payment is due upon completion. If you buy a pf and want it cleared, I ask for payment of the pf, and then I bill you for the clear and the shipping. I encourage people to pick up their pf's in person if they can, and I can share some info or help on installation, and maintence.

lastly, I also drill and dimple pf's that are not drilled and dimpled. of the 7 nos pf;s I bought last week, only one was dimpled. (this version of dimpling means to drill a small hole about 1/16 in deep where screws go. Like pilot holes. I do countersinks on the side rails holes and the pop bumpers lug nails.

That took me over an hour to write, but I am going to save it, so don't be surprised if you see it again somewhere.
    cheers, kruzman.

Lastly. if the pf or the clear cost more than you paid for the game. You are lucky, and I don't care or what to hear it. it is not relative to my job or the cost of the pf. CPR charges the same amount for a medusa as a Addams family. A pf's cost has nothing to do with the cost of the game generally. Every single day after I write out my spechiel, it get the same reply. "THATS TWICE WHAT I PAID FOR THE GAME WITH A NEW BACKGLASS!" That is the reply I got for a $575 nos SnS pf without any clearcoat yesterday. Some folks don't know the difference between luck, and reality.

Thank you for the years of support. I don't do this job for the money. I do it because I love pinball, and I love making machines awesome, and people that are proud to own my work. That is worth a lot to me. cheers, rk

#74 7 years ago

It looks like the I500 is spoken for. That does not mean sold, and I will post if the check comes.
    cheers, kruz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newnos-playfields-avail-oct-expo-shipping-free?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.