Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

apsale (resized).jpg
    AmyPinn_Print (resized).jpg
    Doctor-Who-50th-Anniversary (resized).jpg
    AmyPinnShirt_Gray (resized).jpg
    858C072B-E4DC-4127-87B0-CFDBB954D2F6 (resized).jpeg
    s-l400 (resized).jpg
    AC103D68-F578-40C9-BCDE-F3A4F98791AF (resized).jpeg
    APSTERN (resized).png
    Amy Pinn (resized).jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Here is look at the black and white of our latest mascot Amy Pinn.
    We think she rules!
    Yes the monkey is still a here and isn't going anywhere.
    We just thought it was cool to have another less simian and less....altered...mascot

Amy Pinn (resized).jpgAmy Pinn (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I like it. Can you make her into a WW2 nose art pin up girl? I always thought that art was awesome.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

We think she rules!

She'd make a nice avatar too.

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

Darn, now my Monkey tee is obsolete.

#6 4 years ago

I'd like to see a game with the bird lifting up her skirt with it's beak on the backglass.

#7 4 years ago

Hmm...wonder if this has anything to do w/pin number 3?

#8 4 years ago

Looks great- planning on doing a color version?

#9 4 years ago

Meh. Kind of looks like a dude. Make her more feminine.

#11 4 years ago

I think it looks great. Any plans on how it will be used? Tees? Stickers?

#12 4 years ago

Thanks! I'm thrilled to get such positive reception from the community. I've been working on it for a long while and I'm really excited for the finished color version to get out there soon (it's been updated a bit since this line art). For the record, this is an original design that I created and isn't related to an AP game. Stay tuned!

#13 4 years ago

Nice work! I'm a fan of WWII art flying aces and stuff myself.

#14 4 years ago

I quite like it.

If you're looking for constructive criticism I've got two things (both are boob related as boobs are two of my top five favorite things).

1) Larger boob size.
    2) More cleavage.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Darn, now my Monkey tee is obsolete.

More like limited edition.
    Now it is a collectors item.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I quite like it.
    If you're looking for constructive criticism I've got two things (both are boob related as boobs are two of my top five favorite things).
    1) Larger boob size.
    2) More cleavage.

I think it's good, but no harm in it being a little more feminine, even in these PC times!

#17 4 years ago

T-shirt B/W and color, poster, and stickers are planned stay tuned!
    The monkey still lives here as well she isn't a replacement

#18 4 years ago

So the real question is what will come first mascot number 3 or game number 3

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

T-shirt B/W and color, poster, and stickers are planned stay tuned!
    The monkey still lives here as well she isn't a replacement

Do a work shirt like you did with Houdini. Seemed like a good seller. I waited to long and was aced out on that one. I’d totally pick up on one with this art.

#20 4 years ago

Love the art style and subject matter...she needs more curves

#21 4 years ago

Boys will be boys, I agree with them, I combined Stern's Elvira Back Glass with the logo what do you guys think of the quick render / redraw ?

Quoted from Coindork:

I quite like it.
    1) Larger boob size.
    2) More cleavage.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Love the art style and subject matter...she needs more curves

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think it's good, but no harm in it being a little more feminine, even in these PC times!

Quoted from kklank:

Meh. Kind of looks like a dude. Make her more feminine.

Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to see a game with the bird lifting up her skirt with it's beak on the backglass.

APSTERN (resized).pngAPSTERN (resized).png
    #23 4 years ago

I like it, screams... 'merica. Ignore the haters and posters who want more curves and disproportionate parts.

Real question is: Red head, blonde, brown, or raven hair? My vote is red

Amy Pinn could work well for more female focused games: Amelia Earhart, Joan of Arc, WW2 pin with Amy and Rosie the Riveter (all if you want to keep non-licensed).

#24 4 years ago

It just dawned on me Amy Pinn is a play on AMerican PINball. Get it ? I’m either pretty clever or half an idiot if that’s obvious to everyone else. Lol

#25 4 years ago

I'm usually up for more curves but I like this as-is. Great job!

#26 4 years ago

In other news a crazed monkey in a bumper car has been seen wrecking havoc in the Chicago suburbs today... news at 11...

AC103D68-F578-40C9-BCDE-F3A4F98791AF (resized).jpegAC103D68-F578-40C9-BCDE-F3A4F98791AF (resized).jpeg
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

It just dawned on me Amy Pinn is a play on AMerican PINball. Get it ? I’m either pretty clever or half an idiot if that’s obvious to everyone else. Lol

You're one of the good ones Joe!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

So the real question is what will come first mascot number 3 or game number 1.

I assume you meant to say game number 3??

#29 4 years ago

Amy is a general mascot not tied directly to any games

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I quite like it.
    1) Larger boob size.
    2) More cleavage.

I completely agree! Pinball always brings out the 15 year old in me...

#31 4 years ago

Coming from an illustrative background, I feel the eagle needs some refinement, lose some of the peculiar angles of the beak, refine it's chest and form a bit, or just define it more.

Her shoulders and hips are quite matched up, for me anyway, appropriately. I like her face a good bit!

The eagle would be a bit too weighty to hold on a forearm. Maybe it, or a bomber, could be releasing those pinballs above her head?

I like the angle of her gaze, shows a dynamic nature sans an over the top pose.

I feel like her straps could use a bit more contour, flow with her form/figure, and show a bit more depth.

Nice overall design, and conveys a message pretty easily overall!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Joel is da man!

...referring to Joel de Guzman, who is also Artist-in-Chief for Pintastic New England. We New Englanders are so proud of him!
    .................David Marston

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Coming from an illustrative background, I feel the eagle needs some refinement, lose some of the peculiar angles of the beak, refine it's chest and form a bit, or just define it more.
    Her shoulders and hips are quite matched up, for me anyway, appropriately. I like her face a good bit!
    The eagle would be a bit too weighty to hold on a forearm. Maybe it, or a bomber, could be releasing those pinballs above her head?
    I like the angle of her gaze, shows a dynamic nature sans an over the top pose.
    I feel like her straps could use a bit more contour, flow with her form/figure, and show a bit more depth.
    Nice overall design, and conveys a message pretty easily overall!

This is the type of constructive feedback that I appreciate - thanks! All good pointers. I think it’s too late in the game to make drastic changes, but it has evolved a bit since this version and the full color art (which should be coming soon) definitely has a lot more depth, light, and shadow. I’ll certainly keep your comments in mind for whatever I do next!

#34 4 years ago

I like it but the eagle needs to be more badass. Right now he looks like a parrot with a beer gut.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I assume you meant to say game number 3??

I did lol. Early morning. Looking forward to the next one.

#36 4 years ago

The many sexist comments bring to mind this Oatmeal sketch. https://theoatmeal.com/blog/spiderwoman

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I quite like it.
    1) Larger boob size.
    2) More cleavage.

True. I’m proud of my wife’s, and the way my coworkers dress, they’re fans of the upper torso accouterments themselves.

Hey, it’s nature.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

The many sexist comments bring to mind this Oatmeal sketch. https://theoatmeal.com/blog/spiderwoman

Lol... "sexist comments"

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from MajorDrainer:

the eagle needs to be more badass.

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I quite like it.
    1) Larger boob size.
    2) More cleavage.

The way the monkey got them spanked I'm surprised they aren't concave.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Number41:

This is the type of constructive feedback that I appreciate - thanks! All good pointers. I think it’s too late in the game to make drastic changes, but it has evolved a bit since this version and the full color art (which should be coming soon) definitely has a lot more depth, light, and shadow. I’ll certainly keep your comments in mind for whatever I do next!

Thank you for receiving them well, and above all for putting in some hard work, use of your skill, and passion in helping API with their branding!

Quoted from jackd104:

Sexuality and sexism aren't necessarily always the same concept. We can sexualize, see sexuality, crave it, and not demean, demoralize, or devalue a person in the same sense. Empowerment of sexuality can often negates sexism.

And yeah, that Spiderwoman cover was just egregious for anatomy reasons alone.

#42 4 years ago

OK
    so this is what I have learned...

Rest of the internwebs: Hey that is pretty awesome I would buy that on a T-shirt

Pinside: MOAR BEWBS!!!

=)

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Number41:

Joel, you were hired by American Pinball to design something that we liked, that represented us as a company... You knocked it out of the park!!

The overall reaction is incredible.

Awesome Job.

1 week later
    #44 4 years ago

Here’s an interview I did with Joel de Guzman, new artist at American Pinball. You can find this on the Special When Lit Pinball Podcast Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/2030776680530449/posts/2432703420337771?d=n&sfns=mo

1 week later
    #45 4 years ago

Here’s a full color version.

Artist: Joel de Guzman
    858C072B-E4DC-4127-87B0-CFDBB954D2F6 (resized).jpeg858C072B-E4DC-4127-87B0-CFDBB954D2F6 (resized).jpeg

#46 4 years ago

Amy Pinn sounds cool but can’t spell AmERICAn without the “Erica”.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Here’s a full color version.[quoted image]

Wow that looks really good

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Here’s a full color version.[quoted image]

That's very cool.

#49 4 years ago

Nice look. Definitely says American made.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

That's very cool. Is the person pictured in your Pinside icon the inspiration for "Amy"?

I’m not the artist. His name is Joel De Guzman

I did an interview with him a few weeks ago. Look at post 44 for a link if interested

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newest-american-pinball-mascot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.