7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MJW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I never take the manuals out of my games. If I ever sell the game, its awful nice to see the manual and goody bag still stapled to the side of the cabinet. My Pro Mustang had a flipper end of stroke break off, so I decided to look up the part number for that switch.

1st. The manual is just a photocopy and then poorly stapled together, so guess no more bound manuals.
    2nd. No listing anywhere for the part number for the EOS switch in the manual, there are 14 pages of warnings and set up, and around 6 pages of useful information.
    3rd . Call stern and they were to busy to get to the phone so I used there contact info thru the website, been 9 days no response, Stern is getting really cheap. I'll look in an older good manual to find the part number i guess.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from AtomicChuck:

I'll look in an older good manual to find the part number i guess.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=263

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Always helping aren't are Lloyd! Thanks

#4 7 years ago

Premiums used go come with a thicker manual. Not sure if that's still true or not.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

Premiums used go come with a thicker manual. Not sure if that's still true or not.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

I believe they have a fuller version with part numbers listed online.

That said, the Star Trek Pro manual, even online, has ST premium schematics and is lacking IMO. It is a shame that for all that money, they can't even print a proper manual. My JJP WOZ manual is a work of art by comparison.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I believe they have a fuller version with part numbers listed online.
    That said, the Star Trek Pro manual, even online, has ST premium schematics and is lacking IMO. It is a shame that for all that money, they can't even print a proper manual. My JJP WOZ manual is a work of art by comparison.

I agree. Should not be like this for what games cost. Also Jersey Jack manuals are the way it should be.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newer-stern-pinball-manuals-are-joke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.