4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi. Anyone seen the issue where engage left flipper up when ball come back and hits the flipper it flutters all while the cab switch is engaged also. I swapped coils and cab switches and it still does it. This is on a batman dark night. Any thoughts

#2 4 years ago

check the EOS switch for proper operation

#3 4 years ago

Check the mosfets, I had a Bdk which had the wrong type of mosfet and this caused such strange behavior.

If the flipper was in the up position and a fast ball knocked against it, it just fell down.

If I’m not mistaken the correct type was a 40nf10L and the 40nf10 doesn’t work...

#4 4 years ago

Bingovit. Nice lead will check
    Thanks and thanks DNO

Quoted from Bingovit:

Check the mosfets, I had a Bdk which had the wrong type of mosfet and this caused such strange behavior.
    If the flipper was in the up position and a fast ball knocked against it, it just fell down.
    If I’m not mistaken the correct type was a 40nf10L and the 40nf10 doesn’t work...

#5 4 years ago

Bingovit. And its true also when ball comes down super fast and hard it breaks the hold.

#6 4 years ago

That’s what the EOS switch is there for in modern games - to ensure the flipper holds strongly when hit by a fast moving ball.

That’s almost certainly the issue. Either the switch is misadjusted, broken, or the actuator has broken off (which is somewhat common).

#7 4 years ago

It wast the transistor. It was smaller the what it calls for. Replaced and works correctly now. Thanks everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newer-stern-flipper-flutter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.