Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

As I said, newby here with my first pin.

My DE Star Trek just started having the ball get caught up on the way up the shooter lane, either bouncing back off the first piece of plastic it's supposed to pass under, or catching on the bottom of it and slowing down enough where it rolls back.

The starting velocity seems to be the same as always so I think the solenoid is fine. Anybody had an issue like that? I cleaned the whole area up and it's still there. I'm considering trying to tweak the plunger to make sure it's not putting a bunch of forward english on the ball, but I wanted to ask the question before cranking on anything.

Thanks in advance.

#2 12 years ago

Remove the plastic and see how the ball does. Sounds like the plastic is sitting to low. If it is sitting to low you can try loosening the screws or add some washers underneath.

#3 12 years ago

The plunger is probably not striking the ball square in the middle. May need to adjust it..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newby-question-on-shooter-lanelauncher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.