• Latest reply 11 years ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wisconsin_pinball-1024.jpg
wisconsin_1948-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ramegoom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

New to the forum. I want to add that I have a 1948 United "Wisconsin" pinball, no score reels, just lights, which has an unusual shooter; you hit a lever, the mechanism delivers a ball OUTSIDE of the machine, and you take the ball and roll it on the playfield glass. When it gets near the back board, it drops into the playfield. Anyone ever see anything like it?
-John
>>

#4 11 years ago

I'll get some images posted by the weekend. I'm out of the country right now and don't have my images on this computer.

#8 11 years ago

Looking forward to it. I have been in pinball machines for years, and currently have six in my game room. I also have a 1931 Gottlieb "Big Broadcast" pinball, one of the very first pinballs made.

So....now I'm leaning toward slot machines and have started with 'em. Just another hobby to start.

#13 11 years ago

Here's the WISCONSIN pinball machine with the "roll-down" shooter. When you pull the lever, the ball drops into the pocket on the right. You then pick up the ball, roll it on the glass, and it drops into the playfield. There is another level of glass at the top which keeps hands out of the playfield.

The flippers on this game are all but totally useless and I can't figure out the real purpose of them. Nevertheless, the game makes some incredible sounds when being played, mostly relays and contactors buzzing and clattering. It works properly, but the reset button has had the switch removed for whatever reason. And, there's a space for a counter behind the back glass, but the counter has also been removed. I believe both of those items pushed the envelope in legality at the time, so the establishment that originally had the machine must've had to remove them. Picking up bits and pieces of information about this machine.

wisconsin_1948-1.jpgwisconsin_1948-1.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Here are a few close-ups of the features of the Wisconsin.

wisconsin_pinball-1024.jpgwisconsin_pinball-1024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ramegoom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newby-and-topic-em-1948-pin?tu=ramegoom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.