(Topic ID: 145190)

newbie with gottlieb 300. motor just spins.

By jaspernuts

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by D-Gottlieb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

He's guys I picked up a 300 and it worked great for a week. Now motor just spins. I have read enough to know that all the score reels must be at 0, balls at 0, etc. The 4th player light is on. Does this have to be on player one to start a new game?

#2 3 years ago

Did you replace the rubber recently? I think a stuck playfield switch will cause that. More knowledgable people will chime in too don't worry

#3 3 years ago

yes,new rubber. All Plainfield switches move freely.

#4 3 years ago

Check the switches that have rubber against them again. When you install new rubber, it's tighter and could cause a switch to close. Might not be it but worth checking again

#5 3 years ago

In this order:

1. Zero switch on a single score reel out of adjustment.
2. Bonus unit zero switch.
3. Stuck coin switch
4. jammed player or ball count unit not getting to correct position
5. stuck playfield switch.

#6 3 years ago

Hi jaspernuts
I do not have the pin - but I happen to have a Gtb-300 schema. At E-20 / E-21 there is the drawing of the Score-Motor. And on F, G, H, I there are the switches drawn (mounted on Relays and the Self-Hold-Switch of the Score-Motor), all these switches have a wire-color-RED-WHITE soldered-on (Juice from the Transformer-Power-Side), the other wire on these switches has color-Yellow-plus-Red.

The "Self-Hold-Switch on the Score-Motor is SCM-1C. The other switches are named (only) by the "Letter of the Relay": "D is the Yellow-Hole-Relay", then E, F, G, K, O, P, S, N, AX. "D" and "N" are hard to read / recognize in my schema ...

If the Self-Hold-Switch-1C on the Score-Motor is "faulty-always-closed": The Motor runs forever.
If one of the (mentioned above) Relays is "faulty-pulling" - therefore the switch on the relay is closed: Score-Motor will run.
Tricky, hard to see: The relay(s) may "correctly NOT pull" - BUT a blade on the switch is bent, making "faulty-closed contact", causing the Motor to run.

WHEN does the Score-Motor starts running (endlessly) ? When You plug-in the 110 VAC Power-Cord ? When You toggle the 110 VAC switch ? When You start a game ?
The answer is important - IF (if) the Game-Over-Relay is correct: Many of the (above mentioned) relays do not pull BECAUSE "Game-Over" cuts the connection to them.
In the list above the AX-Relay is listed - a relay I do not like - tricky to adjust.
Greetings Rolf

#7 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay, had 3 thanksgivings. Got the game working for awhile. The mini stepper on the underside of the play field has worn teeth on the plastic gear. Lubed it up and works for now. Part # is A-8933. I can't find it anywhere, any ideas? Played 20 games and now game over relay burnt. Part ordered.

#8 3 years ago

Read everything here-

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

Lubing is a not a good idea for that mini stepper unit. It will attract dirt. Many things can cause the score motor to cycle endlessly. For me, I had accidentally knocked the AX relay out of alignment. A maladjusted tilt switch on the game board or backbox will also do that.

Is this what you need?
http://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/ratchet-point-p-1628

or this-
http://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/a9016a8933-p-1630

#9 3 years ago

Your the best! Love this site. I could not find that part at Marco. Appreciate your help.

#10 3 years ago

The first part is exactly what I need.

#11 3 years ago

Also contact Pinball Resource (pbresource.com) for all things Gottlieb (and more). The web site only lists a fraction of what he has, so best to call.

#12 3 years ago

Ditto on PBR. I have bought a lot of things from Steve and his prices are good. The shipping cost from Flippers is expensive, so I would only go to them if PBR doesn't have what you need. I asked Steve at PBR if he had the ratchet shaft and he said he didn't. This was a few months back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 999.00
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.95
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside