Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

While growing up, I played my friends HUO 1977 GTB "Big Hit". I want to get a similar GTB machine. There is also the GTB "Play Ball" which doesn't have the extra flippers and drop targets. There's a seller on eBay that has the GTB Home Run machine, and 580 units were made as per ipdb.org and he's asking me to tell him what it's market value is worth.

Here's the redirect link http://tinyurl.com/95nsusa to the "Home Run" machine.

I figure I might be able avoid shipping fees of near $500 if I buy locally.

Thanks for your feedback.

#2 11 years ago

That's a lot of money for an EM machine with a fair amount of cab damage and playfield wear. I think you could do much better for $1950. Since the machine is in Tomahawk, WI and you mention buying locally you'll see plenty of machines for sale in WI if you have some patience.

#3 11 years ago

Yes, I know he's asking a high amount. I replied to him and said that if the machine was near restored, then perhaps it might be worth what he's asking. So, based on the condition described, I need some expert advice as to what Pinside folks consider is a fair price to pay for this machine?

"This game has NOT been shopped out but does work. The playfield is almost a 10 condition. The cabinet is a 5-8 condition. The backglass has some flaky areas and would give it a 5-7 condition. Reproduction backglasses can be found online. "

#4 11 years ago

In my opinion, that game is only worth a few hundred at most. Maybe I am missing something special about this title, but it seems pretty beat up.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

In my opinion, that game is only worth a few hundred at most

I agree with Wolfmarsh, you can find better EMs for under a grand and many decent SS for the $1950 te seller wants.

#6 11 years ago

I agree also. That's way to much for the condition of that game. I'd have a hard time s
giving him $400.00 for that. IMHO

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

but it seems pretty beat up

+1.

I bought, restored and sold a BigHit last year. I paid $425 and sold at $700. $600-800 for a good condition EM game is the going rate around here.

#8 11 years ago

Personally a condition rating of 5-8 sets off some alarms. That's a pretty wide margin. It means he knows its beat, but wants to portray it as more than it is.

#9 11 years ago

I think you are on the right track. I do not think with 580 units made you can wait for a local machine. But I would not buy the overpriced beat up ebay machine.

Best of luck in your search.
I would also recommend playing this actual title before purchasing one if possible.
Just because it is similar does not insure similar fun =-)

#10 11 years ago

My friend bought a Big Hit local for $800.00 in good condition, still needed work though.

That "Home Run" pin should not be going for more than $800.00 un-shopped with a great Playfield.

Also You should try to buy your pins local especially if you are new to the hobby so you can inspect the machine and save on that shipping. I am at the point with my collection that no pin is worth $450.00 just to ship to Idaho.

Quoted from roger0043:

Since the machine is in Tomahawk, WI and you mention buying locally you'll see plenty of machines for sale in WI if you have some patience.

True!

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 25.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-to-buying-need-some-advice-and-market-recommendation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.