Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4535 (resized).jpg
IMG_4536 (resized).jpg
IMG_4537 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello!
Brand new to the forum AND the Pinball owners world! Just picked up my first pinball after years of being nothing more than a distant dream. Paid $425 at an auction for a non-working Sinbad (all three head unit boards were missing, which is probably a good thing). In retrospect, probably not the best deal, but as I'm new, I'm learning.

So I'm actually having fun learning about coils and the logic and process of restoring this Gottlieb System 1 machine. I sold some other stuff on eBay to pay for a new Pascal Janin P1X-4 board and have ordered new LEDs, rubber and a fuses to get most of what I can observe or understand from reading needs to be replaced or fixed.

So while I'm reading through some of the ample steps and tutorials on what to do with a new machine before powering it up (I'm very patient and want to get this right before I add any power), there is one obvious 'defect' I've discovered with some cut wires that I can't quite figure out.

There are total of six cut wires that originate behind the coin box. I've posted pictures below.

Four of the wires seem to be two pairs, but I can't find the 'opposite' end from where they might have once been connected to the coin box (I assume) or a stud on something in the coin box.

The Orange/Yellow wires include a spade connector on the end of one wire and a spade 'receptacle' on the other wire.
The Green and Red pair in this run are just cut wire.

As you can see, these four wires are all in the same 'bundle' of wires leading to the coin box. I've tried tracing where these originate, but got confused and thought I'd ask here before spending more time trying to figure it out.

There is another wire, this includes two shielded wires with a metal wire inside a grey sheathing or covering. This wire also appears cut near the coin box and runs up through the cabinet to terminate near where the head unit is.

I hope these photos are somewhat obvious to some of you and from the experience some of you have with these machines you might be able to tell me what you think those wires are and why they might have been cut so I know what to do with them (if anything).

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas you can provide!

IMG_4537 (resized).jpgIMG_4537 (resized).jpg

IMG_4536 (resized).jpgIMG_4536 (resized).jpg

IMG_4535 (resized).jpgIMG_4535 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Hah! Thanks! I was hoping it was some sort of add-on. The images in the gallery here don't show that grey cable at all! Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quinntopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-question-gott-sys-1-sinbad-mystery-wires?tu=quinntopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.