3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheWiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62035892-A555-49F9-AEDB-229384E32FCB (resized).jpeg
    7EFFBD1E-CB03-4A33-85EB-BD844F57E01B (resized).jpeg
    6AC1ED40-023E-44DA-B7BD-A8957D59655D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRick:

Hello all
    I’m new to the pinball world and I have a beautiful pharaoh that just died on me. All the light work and sound but won’t load games.
    I was able to get a 7 on the diagnostic board which leaded me to believe I needed new roms. I ordered a set from Dave when checking my manual it showed that the IC20 and IC17 were originally backwards in the game. I tried switching them both ways and now I have no under the playfield lights and I’m getting a error code 9
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I learned this recently.
    The little notch in the top refers to the correct placement of the chip. So if the notch on top of the chip lines up with the notch in the socket then it’s lined up properly.

In the picture all your chips were seated correctly and someone just put the labels on facing the other directly, but the chips were inserted properly.

If you swapped them around and didn’t ensure the notches are on top, you blew them up.

If that’s the case, you may want to send the board out as slochar said. There are many professional who can fix them.

Coin op Cauldron comes to mind

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-please-help?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.