Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by luch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi Everyone. This is my first post so I'm hopeful this post is in the right place. I've had this machine for quite a while and am now wanted to fix a couple things. The first thing I would like to do is to purchase a used (or new) Valley of Demons drop down target as mine is missing. I'm sure I'll have additional questions along my journey and am very glad I found this site.

Cheers everyone,
Mike

#2 5 years ago

Congrats Mike, that is a nice start.

Classic Arcades sells the complete drop target set for Paragon, and you can find them on eBay. Marco Specialties and other stores might sell them individually so you could possibly add it to a bigger parts order from them.

My guess is that some of the hardware may be missing so I suggest that you upload a picture or two when you can as it will allow for the group to make suggestions and guide you through repairs.

#3 5 years ago

http://pbresource.com/pfdroptar.htm

Pinball Resource has everything you need.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys! My follow up question would be that the right side drop targets don't drop once being hit, they are getting caught up on the rubber? Is this an adjustment thing?

Thanks again,
Mike

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Paragongs:

Thanks guys! My follow up question would be that the right side drop targets don't drop once being hit, they are getting caught up on the rubber? Is this an adjustment thing?
Thanks again,
Mike

While touching a rubber can keep a drop from dropping the "Bally Brick" is a well known phenomenon that causes the drops not to drop when you hit them. If you rule out any physical issues then you have to live with it

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

While touching a rubber can keep a drop from dropping the "Bally Brick" is a well known phenomenon that causes the drops not to drop when you hit them. If you rule out any physical issues then you have to live with it

I’d you’re getting new drop targets, have the waterfall targets been changed too? Maybe they’re not the correct drop targets and that’s casing the bricking ? They should be “explosion” style . Photos ?

#7 5 years ago

If the rubber behind the targets is too thick it will prevent the targets from dropping.

#8 5 years ago

some times if you stretch the rubber and put most of it in the back it will thin out in the front , if not try a smaller dia rubber

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-needs-paragon-advice?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.