(Topic ID: 8545)

newbie learned a lesson

By PHABIT

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

383.JPG
    381.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from PHABIT:

Just took another look at it and yes it has a 5v and 12v terminals on that supply box. Only the 5 v terminals are being used. Do that mean the transformer is bad?

That switching power supply only supplies 5 or 12v and that's not enough to run all the solenoids and high voltage devices on the game. Generally used in video games for joystick/button switches and lights only.

In other words, I'm not sure why it's there but the transformer must still be working at least partly or you wouldn't have been able to play it the first few times. Determine what board that fuse is on, then look at the WPC schematic and determine what it controls and work back from there.

#15 12 years ago

I think based on your picture/description the fuse is on the power board and is fuse 112.

Shorted coil can cause F101-F105 and F112 to blow.

Look for a shorted coil, if it is in fact F112, and if it is, everything I'm finding is saying that should be a 7A SB fuse, not a 3A. See if your backbox has a fuse diagram and verify the type and amperage before sticking a higher rating in there, I'm going off fuzzy pictures here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-learned-a-lesson?tu=mystic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.