(Topic ID: 215323)

Newbie - KISS Bally owner. So excited to be here!

By acecco

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello gang,

Discovered this group through the wonderful man that sold me the KISS machine. It is in incredible shape for a 40 year old system. Just trying to begin to understand the finer points of pinball life.

Bought some new balls from Marco Specialties and eagerly await them. Been flipping through the manual to try to understand what may lay ahead for me as I grow with the hobby and the tech.

All that being said... the left flipper stops working after about 10 games. I know I need to remove the play field glass and lift up the play field to access the flipper module... but I am afraid since is the first time... I know this will become like anything else in life after I do it many times, just looking for advice, suggestions, etc.

The main I got it from has been excellent in helping so far... just thought I would reach out here for more info and to say HELLO!

fyi: KISS fan and pinball fan, lost everything in a house fire in December... this was how I wanted to replace what I lost... go BIG or go home I guess.

#2 6 years ago

Congrats on your new hobby. Hope you have a good size place, these things multiply like gremlins!
-Mike

#3 6 years ago

Welcome !

vid1900's guide might be of help to you :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

LTG : )

#4 6 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. Do you know how to open the machine and remove the lockbar so you can slide the glass out?

#5 6 years ago

Yes YeOld... Backglass removal is good, haven't pulled the lever yet... but I see it and just waiting for the time. But as i mentioned still nervous. Having lost everything in our house fire... this pin represents a lot if not all I have right now... os i am very nervous about it... and I want to do things right and learn, grow with the hobby, etc.

#6 6 years ago

So post some pictures and show off your baby!

#7 6 years ago

You'll be fine. A Bally KISS was my 1st game also. The flipper contacts could need cleaning as far as the dead flipper goes. It could be that simple. Good luck and congrats on the machine !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-kiss-bally-owner-so-excited-to-be-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.