Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Polidori
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago

My opinion may be contradictory.

Many great suggestions and responses here. Your timing of buying your first pin is terrible. No offense but prices are the highest they have ever been and the supply chain is slow. That being said, the resale market is great if you get something you don’t like.

I was never into pins but my 9yr old is infatuated with Stranger Things and I decided to buy my first pin for Christmas. Not sure if it was a blessing or a curse. Im now obsessed. 10 months in, I own a Stranger Things, Jurassic Park, Simpsons Pinball Party, GnR and a few more on my wishlist. I never tried a single pin before I bought them. Wish I did for Simpsons.

As a noob, which you are not, I recommend buying a pin that has a theme your interested in. You will enjoy playing it regardless of what the experienced guys have to say about a deep ruleset etc.

I don’t care how much a game like Iron Maiden plays (no offense to IMDN owners) I wouldn’t want to play a game that’s constantly playing music I’m not into.

If there are a couple themes tour interested in, go try them out. If they are not in a local public area, look for members that have it in their collection. If there is one thing I learned this year… the pinball community is incredible. We have like minds and completely different background. Most would welcome you into their hole to try a game your thinking of.

Goodluck and happy shopping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-here-looking-to-buy-first-machine?tu=PinPickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.