• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 4 days ago

Hey everyone, somehow i ended up owning an old Data East hook, however for the life of me i dont get how to open the backbox, i've even removed the lock completely, but cant figure it out how to remove the glass and to access the boards.

If any merciful soul can help this idiot, i will be more than grateful!

#2 4 days ago

Does the glass have a channel at the bottom ? If so lift glass up and swing bottom to the front of the game.

LTG : )

#3 3 days ago

Here you go.

Good luck!

#4 3 days ago

Anndddd its open! Oh boy, now i feel sooooo stupid lol. Thanks a lot guys, you saved my mental health!

#5 2 days ago

Well you gotta finish the story now man, what are you doing in there? New lights? Something not working right? Just curious to check out the guts and brains of the machine?

#6 2 days ago

Ha! That's great. We've all been there. I bought a repro set of plastics 4 years ago for my Vector. Installed them, and was realy disappointed in the awful quality of the printing, hazy looking. I felt ripped off to tell you the truth. Bought a set for Barracora, my friend asked if he should peel off the protective plastic, or was I gonna do it?

I said, What protective plasitic???
Went out to my vector and started peeling off the protective plastics!
Dummy.

#7 2 days ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

We've all been there.

One of my favorites was on RGP years ago. A person new to pinball heard that new coil sleeves could improve a games performance.

So he printed and made all new sleeves ( actually coil wrappers ) for every coil in his game.

No idea on performance, but his game sure looked pretty under the playfield.

#8 2 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

One of my favorites was on RGP years ago. A person new to pinball heard that new coil sleeves could improve a games performance.
So he printed and made all new sleeves ( actually coil wrappers ) for every coil in his game.
No idea on performance, but his game sure looked pretty under the playfield.

That wasn’t Swanson was it? I remember he once published or sold printable wrappers to make your coils look like new.

But I don’t recall anyone rewrapping from a troubleshooting perspective.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 23.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 275.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside