Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

49EF1426-4F2E-4C55-BA9B-573204965DF4 (resized).jpeg
A1947996-C3E6-4B2D-9ECD-B1D24580F9D6 (resized).jpeg
A12A7280-71C6-4A6F-90A2-68F1D05E1F3D (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hello Pinheads!!!
I am very excited and pleased to announce that I have my very first pinball of my very own!
I’ve been lurking around pinside for nearly a year, and in fact the info that I have gained from the site and forums was instrumental in my decision to take the plunge. I purchased my Batman from The Pinball Shoppe in Ohio and they shipped it to me. I’ve been collecting old arcade games for a few years and also building new MAME/Jamma cabinets. I’ve always wanted to add a pinball and to the collection and I really got the itch when I attended a local auction of several machines a few months back.
I’m learning as I go, and fixing little things on the machine as I identify the little issues. Right now, the biggie is the coin slots...they only register a coin in about 1 out of 4 coins inserted. I’ve thought about adding a free play button like I do on my arcades but I really don’t want to deface the coin door or the cabinet. So if anyone has any quick fixes please let me know and I’ll do a search on the forum also.
Also, im going to be having a 90’s-themed party and arcade tournament at my house this weekend and I’m going to add Batman to the gauntlet of games that players must score on, to determine their overall ranking. This is a for-fun tournament though, so I’m going to keep the machine Easy and the rules loose.
If anyone has any pointers on how to keep the machine running good all night long then I’m all ears.
I’ve only had the machine a couple of weeks now, and I ordered a PinSound board as soon as I bought the pin. I added the board a couple of nights ago and it is AMAZING but the original power supply is failing it...getting a low voltage error on the PinSound and the audio cuts out at random. So, for the party I put the original sound board back in it (boo) and I’ll tackle the power supply once the party is over and I’ve had a chance to recover.
Thanks in advance, my new friends! I appreciate in advance any wisdom that you may impart, and I’ll do my best to contribute what I can. The wife is totally hooked too, and she’s not really into my arcade video games so I’m jazzed about that!
Woo Hoo!!

49EF1426-4F2E-4C55-BA9B-573204965DF4 (resized).jpeg49EF1426-4F2E-4C55-BA9B-573204965DF4 (resized).jpegA12A7280-71C6-4A6F-90A2-68F1D05E1F3D (resized).jpegA12A7280-71C6-4A6F-90A2-68F1D05E1F3D (resized).jpegA1947996-C3E6-4B2D-9ECD-B1D24580F9D6 (resized).jpegA1947996-C3E6-4B2D-9ECD-B1D24580F9D6 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

free play is a setting within the menu's. after you turn it on your start button will blink "ready"

#4 5 years ago

Enjoy!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Thanks in advance, my new friends! I appreciate in advance any wisdom that you may impart, and I’ll do my best to contribute what I can. The wife is totally hooked too, and she’s not really into my arcade video games so I’m jazzed about that!
Woo Hoo!!

Welcome MasterBlaster. Great first post here on Pinside.
Cool online ID name you selected. I recall there is a MasterBlaster in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome movie.

Great to hear that your wifey is enjoying playing pinball, and is supportive of it.

Hope your party is a blast. Post some pics in the next week or so of your friends/family having fun at the party.

#6 5 years ago

Note that this game has some high wear areas. You should wax the playfield, and think about protecting those areas with mylar. Also consider protectors for the plastics to prevent them from being broken. Also make sure to put in brand new balls--balls that are scratched up tend to rip up the playfield and wear it down faster. This is especially critical for this game since it is known for showing playfield wear.

#7 5 years ago

Thank you all for the helpful tidbits of info!
I’ll make sure to post some pics from the party. It’s supposed to get really warm this weekend (90+) so I hope that doesn’t keep people away.
Maybe the meteorologists will be wrong about the forecast.
Nah...that never happens. HA!

#8 5 years ago

Welcome to Pinside-and the addiction that is collecting pinball machines!

What video games do ya have?

#9 5 years ago

Is there a recommended playfield wax, or certain ingredients in certain ones that I should avoid?

#10 5 years ago

Welcome, and get ready to make room for 2nd pin. Pinside is a great and very helpful resource in getting answers to questions, and help fixing issues. The search function is extremely great too, e.g. for your question on waxes there's like a million threads on it already (see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=wax&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC)

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Welcome to Pinside-and the addiction that is collecting pinball machines!
What video games do ya have?

I’ve got an original Nintendo DK Jr cabinet that has the VS Super Mario conversion, and an Operation Thunderbolt that was converted to Steel Gunner 2. The others are built by yours truly, with multigame PCB’s in them. I also have a replica of a 4-player Captain America and the Avengers that I built from scratch.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Welcome, and get ready to make room for 2nd pin. Pinside is a great and very helpful resource in getting answers to questions, and help fixing issues. The search function is extremely great too, e.g. for your question on waxes there's like a million threads on it already (see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=wax&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC)

Ps. My personal preference when it comes to waxes is Mothers California gold (https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05550-California-Brazilian-Carnauba/dp/B0002U2V1O)

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

My personal preference when it comes to waxes is Mothers California gold

Second that.

#14 5 years ago

Start watching the market for your second and third game. Sell a kidney if needed!

#15 5 years ago

Congrats. Also thats the first pin I also bought sure miss it.

#16 5 years ago

Uh oh. I foresee a few arcades for sale soon.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Sorry I’m still figuring out the quote feature with my phone. Thanks for the info, and you’re not kidding...I nearly bought a High Speed before my Batman had even been sent out the door. Had I known that my wife was going to go GaGa over pinball, I would’ve told them to load up the High Speed too! Dang. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll find another one!
(I know that HS2 is better, but I played HS a lot as a kid so there’s a nostalgia factor there).

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Uh oh. I foresee a few arcades for sale soon.

Hahahahaha you’re probably right...especially because I was out of room even before I bought this pin.

#19 5 years ago

I might have to sell a body part of some type. I want a Batman ‘66 in the worst way. I know that machine is ridiculously overpriced but it’s like a Siren calling from the seven seas, and I can’t seem to shake it. Thinking about starting another topic on that subject, just to get everyone’s take. To me, it just seems like that pin will hold its value like nobody’s business.

#20 5 years ago

Welcome to pinside...glad you came.
Watch out!,...they breed like rabbits.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I might have to sell a body part of some type. I want a Batman ‘66 in the worst way. I know that machine is ridiculously overpriced but it’s like a Siren calling from the seven seas, and I can’t seem to shake it. Thinking about starting another topic on that subject, just to get everyone’s take. To me, it just seems like that pin will hold its value like nobody’s business.

You might want to rethink that unless you have played it and fell in love. Some machines I think I will love and after playing think meh. Some I think that looks like a shitty game and love it. For what 66 costs you can buy 3 or 4 games you really like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.