Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lobo2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lobo2k:

Anyways I have a few simple questions if hope to get some input on before buying.
    1). Are newer games worth the sticker generally? Looking at the top 100 quite a few seen a lot more recent..

I think yes. Everyone has different tastes so you need to play and decide yourself but newer games can have great rules and great lighting/sound effects that blow older games away.

2). On that note, are new ones ever released that are stinkers? I look at the Beatles playfield for example and it looks insanely simplistic.... Reading some reviewers comments seemed to confirm my suspicions

Some can be worse than others. I don't think Beatles is bad, don't judge a book by it's cover. Unless you can play it and decide for yourself Beatles is very fun and also a game like TNA look simple but more than meets the eye.

Stinker maybe WWE but can't say myself because I have yet to play. I have probably played 90% of the pins made in the last 10 years. I think 20% are GREAT. 40% are very good and 20% are good and 20% are so-so.

3). Do machines generally hold value? I'm asking because I'm thinking of going big on a limited (looking at batman 66, Ghostbusters, Deadpool or Metallica). In the marketplace ppl generally seem to be asking close to MSRP from what I can tell ... Does that affect reality?
    I've also noticed a lot of games ppl ask more than original MSRP ... Provided they are kept in good shape do a lot of these go up?

people can ask whatever they want doesn't mean it sells at that price, in general most games would sell for less than they sold for new. For example I got a ST premium 6 months old cost me $5700 when it was new at $6700 (?) and the pin looks as good as new. Now some of the for sale games might have mods added like color DMD which adds value. I think (in general) I'd like to save $500-1000 when I buy a used pin. If its much less than $500 why bother buying used when you can get new with a full warranty and less plays. (unless you are also getting serious mods).

#12 4 years ago

I won't presume to say my advice is any better than anyone else but if you ask me I'll say any of these pin are very good and worth the coin.

(no particular order)

AFM remake
    Spider Man
    Iron Man
    Tron
    Metallica
    The Walking Dead
    Dialed In
    TNA
    Wizard of Oz
    Star Trek

and others

1 week later
    #23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lobo2k:

Was offered a Pirates of the Carribean for 7500 Canadian. Seems a bit high, but it's a friend and he'll let me do installments which is nice.

he's no friend, he's taking advantage of you. I love Potc and have owned it for 12 years but it's worth $5000 (US).

I just did the conveston and $7.5K (Can) = $5744 (US).

Should have Color DMD too if it doesn't then you're looking at another $550 (Can) to buy that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-advice-3?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.