• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C303E654-61BB-406F-A4AC-52DC8CFB45DD.gif
IMG_4983 (resized).jpg

#1 62 days ago

Hi all, first post and love the site. My new purchase is a Williams Pinbot. Great shape. Only issue is, it's been sitting for about 14 years. Luckily the batteries weren't corroded, but after changing them, still starts in "Adjust Failure. " Only the top two score displays are functional at this point. Working on making a list of what I need, and cleaning the years of dust where it's been idle. I did find the original manual under the playfield, so that was a nice surprise. Looking forward to digging in and learning my new hobby. So, hello!

IMG_4983 (resized).jpg
#2 62 days ago
Quoted from dadi4168:

Hi all, first post and love the site. My new purchase is a Williams Pinbot. Great shape. Only issue is, it's been sitting for about 14 years. Luckily the batteries weren't corroded, but after changing them, still starts in "Adjust Failure. " Only the top two score displays are functional at this point. Working on making a list of what I need, and cleaning the years of dust where it's been idle. I did find the original manual under the playfield, so that was a nice surprise. Looking forward to digging in and learning my new hobby. So, hello!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the Island of Insanity. Where pins are like potatoe chips. You can’t have just one. Here’s to hoping for an understanding family and many more projects!

C303E654-61BB-406F-A4AC-52DC8CFB45DD.gif
#3 62 days ago

congrats - great machine
those old plasma displays die over time, you can buy lcd replacements if that is the issue

#4 62 days ago

Read up in the manual about testing and adjustments. Most likely it will need to be set up - games per coin, high scores, etc.

After that, if it plays, play a few games so that all the switches are hit during game play. After several games, turn off the machine. After about a minute, turn it on. Likely there will be three pops and then a list of switches to check. Those are the ones that have not registered for one reason or another. With a game in play, activate those switches and see if they score(register).

Welcome to Pinside.

#5 62 days ago

Welcome and great machine as a starter.

Make room for more!

#6 62 days ago

Welcome! You will have a houseful of pinballs within a year or so!

#7 62 days ago
Quoted from dadi4168:

[quoted image]

nice first pin. You can buy a new set of LED displays or try to find a couple good used displays on ebay or something. If no corrosion is on the boards then you should be able to open the coindoor and go through setup to get it fixed up.

#8 62 days ago

Congrats! Love Pinbot, and System 11 games make great first pins in my opinion.

There's a handful of threads on this & it's a fairly common System 11 issue. When this happened to me after a battery swap, confirming settings and playing through/check switches did the trick as Billc479 suggested. Did the game play before you swapped the batteries?

The battery holders on these are also a little notorious. A visual inspect of the holder, +/- contact points, and solder pads would be a good initial step as well. You're looking for corrosion beyond the battery itself, contact points not hitting the batteries, and solder pads with cold joints.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjust-failure-williams
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjust-failure-why
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-adjust-failure
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-adjustment-failure-issue-system-11-high-speed

#9 62 days ago

Welcome to Pinside and the pinball hobby.
That is great you got Pin.Bot for your first machine.
Cabinet appears to be in good condition .
It's fun to learn more about your machine, change out old warn out parts, get it working better, clean it up, etc.

#10 62 days ago
Quoted from underlord:Where pins are like potatoe chips. You can’t have just one.

This isn’t remotely true. Got my first pin late in 2020 and I still only have 28 pins now.

#11 62 days ago
Quoted from pincoin:

Welcome! You will have a houseful of pinballs within a year or so!

Ohh yes he will
December 2019 was my 1st pin
Now I have 5.5 pin (.5 is a sizzle )

Welcome to the hobby 4168

#12 61 days ago

My god, you guys......."Know When to Say When"......

My comfort zone was 3 pins.....then 7............then..........oh hell, we're at 25 or 26 now, depends if you count the ones on loan to friends....

Welcome aboard!

#13 61 days ago

Don, I have room here for a couple if you run out of space. I’ll treat you and your helper to Independent Dairy.

#14 61 days ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Don, I have room here for a couple if you run out of space. I’ll treat you and your helper to Independent Dairy.

As long as it comes with Shasta and a selection of deli meats.

#15 61 days ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I may take you up on that, Howie!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside