(Topic ID: 241045)

newb to pinball and pinside

By DeathWish13

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

police 2 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Been a lurker and figured it was time to join up. Hoping to buy my first pin this year some time. Looking forward to learning more about the hobby.

#3 4 years ago

Howdy and welcome

#4 4 years ago

Hey Charlie,

Welcome to Pinside. Any specific machine in mind?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Hey Charlie,
    Welcome to Pinside. Any specific machine in mind?

Thanks guys!

Barkz- I think I'm going to be looking for a popular one- Dirty Harry
    or possibly another iconic title- T2

#6 4 years ago

Sweet another pinhead in SC. Not very many of us.

#7 4 years ago

Hello,and welcome to our addiction,CharlieBronson!!! as a new player,one thing must be made clear-you had better make room for more than one pin! After about 6 months with your first pin,Your gonna want MORE!!!:)Have fun,B safe!!!!peace

#8 4 years ago

Welcome to the addiction!

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathWish13:

i owned both, sold T2. get yourself a dirty harry, twice the game than T2.

enjoy!

#10 4 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,and welcome to our addiction,CharlieBronson!!! as a new player,one thing must be made clear-you had better make room for more than one pin! After about 6 months with your first pin,Your gonna want MORE!!!:)Have fun,B safe!!!!peace

+1 for this, these machines multiply quickly!

#11 4 years ago

Welcome CharlieBronson!

If you've been lurking for a while, you know Pinside can get overwhelming at times with so many varying opinions and perspectives from collectors, operators, casual and tournament players, and some folks here just to make $$. My suggestion is to take everything with a grain of salt - don't let others try to sell you their opinion as FACT, and just relax and enjoy the craziness. There's a lot to enjoy in this hobby - find what makes you happy.

Oh, and like hawkmoon said - be prepared - these machines seem to multiply like rabbits.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathWish13:

Thanks guys!

T2 is a great choice for a first game. Dirty Harry is solid too.
    Welcome! Really fun hobby.

#13 4 years ago

Welcome to the disease you'll have for the rest of your life!

#14 4 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

Vid1900 is missing FYI.

#15 4 years ago

Wow, really dig the responses! I've joined a number of forums over the years: games, guns, cars and I don't think I've ever been welcomed with so many cool messages. Thanks!

#16 4 years ago

Welcome to the asylum! I look forward to your future posts when you're buying a pinball every month.

#17 4 years ago

If you are ever in Columbia, make sure to stop by Firefly Games and Toys. They have a really nice pinball setup in their arcade.

#18 4 years ago

Being in Greenville I'm going to assume you're a Clemson fan, GO TIGERS!

I get that way a couple times a year, any good Pinball between Greenville & Clemson?

Luck & enjoy.

#19 4 years ago

Welcome to the pinball madness.

#20 4 years ago

Welcome to the hobby and Pinside! It's nice that you're planning to buy your first game this year...but make room...they multiply quickly!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

Welcome to the hobby and Pinside! It's nice that you're planning to buy your first game this year...but make room...they multiply quickly!

Agreed. They multiply faster than rabbits.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeathWish13:

I think I'm going to be looking for a popular one- Dirty Harry

Welcome to the best forum on the internet.

Might as well pick up both games as the Lay's chip slogan says "You can't have just one."
    I tried back in 2008 to just pick up one, being TZ, now I have 24 working games and 15 projects.

#23 4 years ago

Welcome to the madness. You're gonna love. "One Pinball Machine Is Never Enough"

#24 4 years ago

Welcome. Just need to follow a few basic rules. Always price police when possible, if there is a pin YOU like, then it must be a great game and that it will probably be worth 10K by Xmas, and always remember that Eight Ball Deluxe is the best SS game ever, oh, and never voice your opinion

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Welcome. Just need to follow a few basic rules. Always price police when possible, if there is a pin YOU like, then it must be a great game and that it will probably be worth 10K by Xmas, and always remember that Eight Ball Deluxe is the best SS game ever, oh, and never voice your opinion

Lol. Remember the price police badge.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Forgot to mention that anyone who has an opinion different than yours should be called an idiot and put down.

#27 4 years ago

Welcome

Its not long when I first joined the forum about seven months ago. Got my first pin and six months after that started to repair my first pin also.

Don't think about it a lot. Get your first pinball and get start for good. It's worth it ✌✌✌

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Lol. Remember the price police badge.

Oh yeah, here it is

police 2 (resized).jpgpolice 2 (resized).jpg
    #29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

Being in Greenville I'm going to assume you're a Clemson fan, GO TIGERS!
    I get that way a couple times a year, any good Pinball between Greenville & Clemson?
    Luck & enjoy.

Not that I know of- there's only a few places up north- Hendersonville and Asheville- that I've been to

#30 4 years ago

Welcome!

#31 4 years ago

@charliebronson Welcome to the hobby. You should come to the SFGE show in Atlanta this July. There will be over 200 pinball machines set on freeplay, and many of them will be for sale. There will also be 50+ arcade games on freeplay. Check out the show site and look for the group rate for the hotel.

If you are on Facebook pm me and I can provide links to two Carolina regional pin/arcade groups

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

charliebronson Welcome to the hobby. You should come to the SFGE show in Atlanta this July. There will be over 200 pinball machines set on freeplay, and many of them will be for sale. There will also be 50+ arcade games on freeplay. Check out the show site and look for the group rate for the hotel.
    If you are on Facebook pm me and I can provide links to two Carolina regional pin/arcade groups

Awesome man, I will definitely come to that. ATL is about 2 hours from me. Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newb-to-pinball-and-pinside?hl=axaios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.