IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
leg_leveler_heavy_duty (resized).jpg
12D95716-CBBE-415B-B719-5A3DC8338809 (resized).jpeg
0FE18DEC-68CA-4538-A26A-890388AAF85D (resized).jpeg
893C9F46-4E20-4DBA-A5D6-417108060362 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1872 (resized).JPG
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1871_LI (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

1. After rebuilding the flippers (except the EOS switches) a month or so ago, I noticed that the upper right flipper was losing a little bit of power. I checked it and the whole thing was loose, as in I could jiggle the flipper up and down on the playfield way more than should be the case. An issue I'd had when replacing it was that one on the screws that holds the bushing in broke off, so that there are only two screws holding the bushing down. When I checked under the playfield, both of those screws were very loose, and the metal post attached to the flipper had also slid up in the clamp. I tightened everything and now it works fine. I'm wondering though, could that broken screw be what was causing the problem? If so, any ideas about how to get it out?

2. I did my flipper rebuild keeping everything on the underside of the playfield (meaning I didn't take the big metal plates off). Some of the screws that went into the underside of the playfield had nuts on them, but I'm not able to replace those because I can't reach them without taking those big metal plates off. Is that something I should worry about?

When you rebuild your flippers you need to remove the metal bracket so you can access the nuts on the top side of the bushing screws. First you remove the nuts then you remove the screws. Install a new bushing and replace the screws. Once you have the screws tight you hold them in place with the screwdriver and then install the nut and tighten with a nutdriver with a drop of locktight. The nut keeps the screws from loosening, the locktight keeps the nuts from loosening. If done like this they will never come loose again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newb-question-1?tu=grumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.