image (resized).jpg
5A4CDEBF-529F-4AB3-915B-4781312FF7F7 (resized).jpeg
DD0B9878-FE36-4125-9B9F-09FAFD7D0E01 (resized).jpeg
CF53270E-EF13-4B2F-8F0C-ADB6FABF3D79 (resized).jpeg
704A2250-94C7-4512-8E8B-E5ED5203C56B (resized).jpeg
DDE38473-7983-4FF4-B139-3D601A7099E2 (resized).jpeg
EED29F43-12BF-4EDD-A11B-487AA1BF466C (resized).jpeg
30820A7B-8EC8-4B10-9FDC-0D71345CD8A2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hurryuppinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello All,

I have been involved in pinball for about 3 years and absolutely love it. Not just playing but the maintenance side of it as well. I have always enjoyed finding out how things work and fixing things when they break. In 2018, I traded a few arcade games for a whooped Funhouse and did a complete restore / playfield swap just to try and learn how to repair / restore a pinball machine, learn how to read schematics, etc. I really enjoyed the process and learned a lot along the way. I know several people who own pins but are uncomfortable working on them so I decided to start making tutorials for various different things and posting them on my YouTube channel. The forums on Pinside have been a huge help to me and I wanted to pay it forward. My videos can be found under HurryUpPinball on YouTube or with the following video links:

#2 4 years ago

Just posted some mod install videos for Jurassic Park as well.

Added over 4 years ago:

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

These look great! Thanks for taking the time to put them together. I’m definitely your target audience.

I enjoy doing the videos and I appreciate the feedback. I’ll do my best to keep them coming on a regular basis and I hope they help.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Would love to see some tutorials on deeper subjects like fixing boards or replacing coils, new flippers, etc. installing mods is great but most are so well made nowadays they aren’t too tough to figure out. As the years go on more people will need to know how to fix problems.

I figured I would start with some simple tasks and work towards some deeper repairs. I have a few pins on my bucket list that are older and will no doubt need some work, new coils, flipper rebuilds etc. As soon as I find the right one, those deeper items are on the hit list for sure. I completed a total rebuild / playfield swap / backbox build on Funhouse but wasn’t making videos at that time. It would have been some great content. Thanks for the input, it is much appreciated.

30820A7B-8EC8-4B10-9FDC-0D71345CD8A2 (resized).jpeg30820A7B-8EC8-4B10-9FDC-0D71345CD8A2 (resized).jpeg704A2250-94C7-4512-8E8B-E5ED5203C56B (resized).jpeg704A2250-94C7-4512-8E8B-E5ED5203C56B (resized).jpegCF53270E-EF13-4B2F-8F0C-ADB6FABF3D79 (resized).jpegCF53270E-EF13-4B2F-8F0C-ADB6FABF3D79 (resized).jpegDDE38473-7983-4FF4-B139-3D601A7099E2 (resized).jpegDDE38473-7983-4FF4-B139-3D601A7099E2 (resized).jpegEED29F43-12BF-4EDD-A11B-487AA1BF466C (resized).jpegEED29F43-12BF-4EDD-A11B-487AA1BF466C (resized).jpeg
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pinball maintenance is not mod installing

DD0B9878-FE36-4125-9B9F-09FAFD7D0E01 (resized).jpegDD0B9878-FE36-4125-9B9F-09FAFD7D0E01 (resized).jpeg
#13 4 years ago

In the next few months I hope to pick up an older, project pin. At the moment, my games are all post 2016 and have not needed any major repairs. I plan to cover a wide variety of things but also want to make sure I cover some basics too. I’m looking forward to getting up some true maintenance videos (basic and complex) in addition to the light build and mod installs. Since my JP showed up, I figured it would be a great chance to cover multiple things at once. Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

5A4CDEBF-529F-4AB3-915B-4781312FF7F7 (resized).jpeg5A4CDEBF-529F-4AB3-915B-4781312FF7F7 (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you haven’t had to do much maintenance, get yourself some old boards you can practice on and destroy. You don’t want to learn (or demonstrate!) on a working board

One of the first things I did before rebuilding Funhouse was to buy an old printer and CD player from Goodwill and take out the circuit boards to practice soldering and de-soldering on. That was definitely the way to go. Just picked this up and will be using some old ramps to work on flame polishing them. At some point, I’d also like to also do a tutorial on how to read schematics on a basic level.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago

Just put up a new video today. I noticed a pile of metal flakes in my pinball cabinet from a cheap coil stop bracket and decided to make a video for those folks who have never changed a coil sleeve or coil stop.

Added over 4 years ago:

#19 4 years ago

I received my JP Pro on New Years Eve so the rubbers are in good shape but I will probably switch them to Titans or Superbands soon. I will be sure to make a video for that one when I do.

#20 4 years ago

I just put together a tutorial on how to adjust stand up targets. I was having an issue on my TNA and decided to document the fix.

Added over 4 years ago:

#21 4 years ago

I have a couple new videos in the works......

F0D4947A-2949-4568-9509-35BE1E77C200 (resized).jpegF0D4947A-2949-4568-9509-35BE1E77C200 (resized).jpeg
#25 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Lots of Youtube vids on board work etc - and check out pinballninja's site for troubleshooting/system diagnosis - that's literally all it is, almost a thousand documented house calls/repairs, many with videos by the guy that has literally written the book on pinball repair.
Don't forget about Piniwki either.

Pinball ninja is awesome. His TZ voltage drop fix solved my constant reset issue on TZ. That guy has pretty much seen it all. So much great info on his site.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Awesome work - one comment, i can't be the only one that saw this lol - chop a couple inches off the threads on those red handles!
Again, really cool![quoted image]

I’m right there with you. I was so excited to get my rebuild started last year I was like “meh, I’ll cut them later.” Still need to do that though.

#27 4 years ago

In case anyone is thinking about installing plastic protectors for the first time, this ones for you.

Added over 4 years ago:

2 weeks later
#28 4 years ago

I put up two new videos up this past week and have a few more in the works.

Added over 4 years ago:

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Great videos but you might want to tell people to close the coin door before removing the glass because the coin door can scratch the glass.

Good point. Never really thought about that. Will do.

#31 4 years ago

If you have a broken light socket on your pinball machine, this video will show you how to replace it.

Added over 4 years ago:

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Great videos!

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Got a few more to that should be up soon.

#34 4 years ago

How to fix the Jurassic Park shooter lane tutorial.

Added over 4 years ago:

#36 4 years ago

Me: Why isn’t this coil working???
Bad Coil: I give zero flux!
How to replace a Bad Coil is up on YouTube.

Added over 4 years ago:

3 months later
#37 3 years ago

I wanted to post some more of my recent videos so they are all available in one place. I hope these videos help.

How to install a Hardtop (3 part series)

Added over 4 years ago:

#38 3 years ago

How to install the Cliffy Mothership Protector on AFM - Remake

Added over 4 years ago:

#39 3 years ago

How to fix the Ghostbusters airball issue

Added over 4 years ago:

#40 3 years ago

Flash Gordon Project Pin

Added over 4 years ago:

#41 3 years ago

Game Adjustments for Elvira's House of Horrors

Added over 4 years ago:

#42 3 years ago

Adding a USB Extension cable for Game Code updates

Added over 4 years ago:

#43 3 years ago

Installing Tilt Graphics Mods for Elvira's House of Horrors

Added over 4 years ago:

#44 3 years ago

How to burn (flash) a new SD card for your Stern pinball machine (Spike System)

Added over 4 years ago:

1 month later
#45 3 years ago

Here is two tutorials on how to install Pinnovators sub kits. This covers the Multi System and Spike sub kits. These items can be found at the following link: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/

#46 3 years ago

If you are thinking about installing a shaker motor, this one is for you. Spike system install.

#47 3 years ago

How to unbox a pinball machine for any first time buyers.

#48 3 years ago

Here is a video on how to install art blades. There are several ways to do this and it is going to depend on your machine. In this video, I removed the playfield as it was only 3 connections and it gives full access to the inside of the cabinet. As you get more comfortable, you can move to installing them with the playfield in place. Also, the Rapid-Tac is not necessary but will give a person doing this for the first time a little wiggle room if the art blades are not aligned properly and need to be repositioned. If you are comfortable, feel free to skip the Rapid-Tac. I recently installed art blades on The Walking Dead and left the playfield in place since it required removing lots of playfield connections. This isn't the only way to do this but it works well for the newer Stern games. I also started using cabinet protectors from Pinball Universe after I made this video and I highly recommend them to protect the inside of the cabinet, especially when removing the playfield.
Cabinet Protectors: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#49 3 years ago

Just put together a new tutorial regarding how to change light bulbs on a pinball machine.

1 week later
#50 3 years ago

Just finished up a video regarding how to fix the VUK on Elvira’s house of Horrors.

3 weeks later
#51 3 years ago

Here is one on how to level a pinball machine.

#53 3 years ago

I just updated the game code on my JJP Wonka and decided to make a tutorial on how to update game code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hurryuppinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-youtube-channel-for-pinball-maintenance-tutorials-hurryuppinball?tu=hurryuppinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.