(Topic ID: 196484)

New York..

By Coyote

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6876 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So, I've never been to NYC before.
    I'm currently in Port Chester, NY through tomorrow. Then I'm meeting a friend, and likely going to head down into the city.

Taking the train in to Grand Central, plan on at least seeing the outside of the Library (Ghostbusters!) and then Central Park.

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on other smaller, more local things to check out? (I'm all for the local scene.) Won't have a car, so taxi or subway would have to do to get there.

Any pointers are welcome.
    -Mike

#17 6 years ago

Wow, thanks guys!

Since I'm working from the hotel today, I'll map everything out and see what's possible.

I'm a laid back kinda guy - I'm not a fan of huge crowds and noise, but I figure I can survive it for a day to check out the city.

I'll likely not make pinball one of the top things - mainly because having never been here before, I need to put pinball aside (gasp, the horror!) and do generic touristy stuff.

#37 6 years ago

Thanks again guys. Don't stop - I'm taking notes and checking locations and such of everything.

The full plan is to head down there tomorrow morning, spend the night somewhere down there, then around lunchtime, head back (where I drive home.)

So, will have a full day +plus some.

#46 6 years ago

Quick update..

Got here this morning.
    Went to site zero, then museum of natural history, central park and zoo.
    Hotel is the New Yorker, it's 5 now, quick charge at hotel and then running over to Times Square.

Lot of walking. Whoo.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! Great stops all around. watch out for the nudies in times square!

Is.. This a bad thing?

Grabbing a bite now, and then heading up to Times Square. Behind schedule but it means seeing the place at night.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Certainly not. All nudists have perfect bodies. Ha!

I was more meaning it was even legal.

Calling it a night from the city, though roomie and I are going to explore the darker parts of this hotel.
    On my phone until tomorrow night, will post pics then..

Thanks again guys for the ideas, made the day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-york?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.