PI4 (resized).jpg
PI3 (resized).JPG
PI (resized).jpg
PI2 (resized).jpg
CEE70641-0CAC-4E9D-BEB5-B4B0CA914F5D (resized).jpeg
CD430B18-9A5A-4BCD-B3F1-62C32523053A (resized).jpeg
canon20072017 003 (resized).JPG
canon20072017 005 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaMoib.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

Can you describe the add-a-ball operation on this game? My impression was that hitting a replay score or hitting the special lit the extra ball feature instead of awarding a replay.

Does match award a replay?

I picked up a Spirit of 76 that was wired that way - it was a 2 wire change.

Also:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-question-on-1976-gottlieb-new-york

#19 1 year ago

I believe the signals for special and replay points are routed to the extra ball relay instead of the add replay unit coil. I think we could settle this pretty quickly if a New York owner would post their equivalent of the attached Pioneer schematic section (which includes the special and replay score logic, the add credit and the extra ball relay)

Pioneer award logic (resized).jpgPioneer award logic (resized).jpg
#22 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea, Jet Spin, Super Spin does this as well. Jet Spin on extra ball is a lot of fun. I wrapped it once, got in to the 200's and got extra balls on the point level again...

The problem I had with this feature when my S76 was wired up this way was that if you have a really, really good ball (multiple point level awards, maybe a special or two), you got... 1 extra ball. If you blow up an add-a-ball machine on the first ball... you get 5 balls (and 9 on Dimension if you blow it up on the last ball?).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaMoib.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-york-pinball-machine-add-a-ball-?tu=DaMoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.