2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dyopp21
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Finally received my shipment of the new Yoppsicle. We may circle back around and make more of the original "moddable" sticks (The Mod1), but for now it's full steam ahead with the new design that is ready to just plug and play, the Omnibus. With an improved mounting slot that offers more flexibility and the resistor needed for the original Bally lamp driver board I'm very happy with the results. Also, the price for this board remains the same as the original design.

See video below for installation as well as a short reveal of a new product that is in the prototype stage.

Contact me via PM for more information.
    Thanks,
    Yopp

#3 2 years ago

Yopp -

I like the sticks - great design. A question I have is how do you match colors for the GI in the backbox? Do you end up buying cool white non ghosting LEDs to match the cool white sticks on the playfield? If I go this route for a machine, I think it has to be an entire machine or nothing in order to match.

You made a comment in your video about soldering - see Terry B's guide to soldering thread, but to me (Navy trained) a chisel tip and a small bit of flux would really speed up your soldering and provide a better joint. Pre-tinning the joint surface prior to install would be good.

What you want is a filet for the wire - I tried to add a pic but it didn't work. Google solder filet for examples.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Yopp -
    I like the sticks - great design. A question I have is how do you match colors for the GI in the backbox? Do you end up buying cool white non ghosting LEDs to match the cool white sticks on the playfield? If I go this route for a machine, I think it has to be an entire machine or nothing in order to match.

Thanks for the question... I use VERY DIM backbox lighting (I hate glare on the PF glass)so it's not noticeable to me in that regard and my warm white is a pretty close (if not exact) match for the "sunlight" LED's made by Comet. So I would us those in the GI. In the case of this machine I restored it well before the sunlight bulb was an option so it's probably not a match. In other news, I'm working on a GI solution now but it requires a good bit more work to get there. I'm doing the groundwork for it now though!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-yoppsicle-omnibus-has-arrived-install-and-discussion-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.