Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jackal2001
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_3.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    photo_1.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Didn't like the way the blackbird scoop looked. Thought the plastic was kinda dorky looking and didn't like the placement of the bulb. Got rid of the bulb and made a new toy to put on there using a 1/400 scale SR71. Took apart a couple cointaker insert bulbs and added them to the toy and wired it to the bulb socket. The scoop itself has one of Hemi's mods wired to the left ramp flasher which is awesome by the way...

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG // Error: Image 58167 not found //

#2 11 years ago

That looks very cool. I also like you're custom Wolverine figure paint job, that thing looks awesome!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Buckman:

That looks very cool. I also like you're custom Wolverine figure paint job, that thing looks awesome!

Thanks. Posted some pics of him and Magneto in another thread. Also posted some pics of some icicles I lit and added to the iceman ramp that are pretty cool. I'd recommend all of Hemis lighting mods too. Made the game a different experience...

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

Posted some pics of him and Magneto in another thread

I saw the pics in that other thread and the paint job you did on Magento is equally amazing, that's quite the talent you've got there. Too bad you and Stern didn't hook up earlier this year and put those paint jobs on all the figures!

#5 11 years ago

This looks great. You wanna sell me one?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

This looks great. You wanna sell me one?

Gonna play it for a bit and see if I need to shape a plastic protector piece under it. Could make you one after a bit. It's not hard to make. You could build one pretty easily also.

I painted the model, took 2 cointaker 555 red premiums apart and made a harness with a 2 prong female idc at one end and hot glued the diodes to the underside of the model. Removed the top plastic (which I'm debating whether or not to use it) and hot glued the finished plane to the plastic.

#7 11 years ago

There's an actual Xmen blackbird that Micro Machines made that I found looks a bit better than the mini stealth replicas, IMO, but the replicas still get the job done!

Really waiting for some good custom shooter rods. Surprised they haven't surfaced yet.

#8 11 years ago

Tried a micro machine but thought it was too small... This model is about twice the size.

#9 11 years ago

I think the next mod should be a sentinal head w light up eyes in the right hand corner of the game. Same size as Rudy, Red, and Ted.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

I think the next mod should be a sentinal head w light up eyes in the right hand corner of the game.

That or Phoenix would be cool

#11 11 years ago

Wolverine looks awesome. Problem I personally have with jamming other toys on the pf is the size ratio is way off. Monster size xmen and tiny little blackbird.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-xmen-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.