• Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-368.jpg
Deadpool-deadpool-10068192-1000-1518.jpg
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/XMEN_PRO_english.zip
http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/XMEN_LE_english.zip

Deadpool has been confirmed and in the new code!

Deadpool-deadpool-10068192-1000-1518.jpgDeadpool-deadpool-10068192-1000-1518.jpg
#2 10 years ago

WOW WOW WOW… Thank you sir

#3 10 years ago

No read me, but its labeled XMLE1-50.bin

Seems like they have been iterating and working on it a while.

I expect there will be many new and good improvements, thanks Stern!

#4 10 years ago

and Metallica?.....?......?

#6 10 years ago

How do you know this??

#7 10 years ago

Nice! Congrats to all you owners who've been waiting.

#8 10 years ago

Updating right now!

#9 10 years ago

I was for sure they had forgotten their webpage login.....

#10 10 years ago

Can't wait for a readme

#11 10 years ago

Deadpool is in. Started via certain amount of combos and helps with villain damage. Doesn't seem like he does anything during non-villain gameplay.

Dark Pheonix now has rules, I'm still getting agrip on what's going on. I'll report more once I test things out.

(Glass of testing, obviously)

#12 10 years ago

Attract sounds, new stern logo now says inc. Also did not see an adjustment for the slings figured that would be standard… but nope

#13 10 years ago

Sweet! Rcade and anyone else playing the new code report whats new! Cant wait to see the deadpool dots!

#14 10 years ago

Aw yeah. Just got the pin and now new code for me? I win!

#15 10 years ago

Awesomeness!!! Everyone will now want an xmen!

#16 10 years ago

I don't have an XMen but am very happy for everyone that does!

#17 10 years ago

Well it's been 30 minutes. Now everyone can officially start whining for the "next" update.

#18 10 years ago

They appear to have added an effect on the LE's that make the apron flash more often - looked like it was tied into the villain insert.

#19 10 years ago

Xmen was great before this update. There should be no whinning.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

They appear to have added an effect on the LE's that make the apron flash more often - looked like it was tied into the villain insert.

The apron flashers pulse and so do the playfield flasher domes to let the player know that they have hired Deadpool to help fight the next villain.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

Well it's been 30 minutes. Now everyone can officially start whining for the "next" update.

Ok .........when is the next Xmen upgrade ? It's been 30 minutes and no upgrade ??? Lol

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

The apron flashers pulse and so do the playfield flasher domes to let the player know that they have hired Deadpool to help fight the next villain.

Is this new? You update code and it seems like a new world but you never can tell… also seems that the spinning disk is up to full speed now.

#23 10 years ago

Don't make me jealous that I don't have a spinning disk. I'll tell you what though, the magnet on my Pro with magneto is pretty damn bad ass with what it makes the ball do. Really stunning sometimes how much speed and how big a direction change it can do. Really really makes you feel like Magneto is messing with you.
In the spirit of fun, I hereby submit this video for your enjoyment, in which Wolverine is fired from the X Men by Professor X. Enjoy!

#24 10 years ago

Yep. Deadpool is all new in this code update.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats everyone on an update!

#26 10 years ago

Weapon X still is horrible. It needs something to alternate or victory laps. I got it 3 times in one game again. I would have loved if Stern had switched that up.

That for me kills the game play and makes it a solid B title

new code took it from a C+ to a Solid b or B + if they would have done something better with weapon X it would have been major and pushed X-men into the keeper status. Instead I'm on the fence. If anyone wants a truly decked out Wolverine #14 LE mine is for sale $6K fully loaded with a ton of mods ICEMAN, diff toys, nigh crawler lights, blackbird lights, shaker, ice on the ice man ramp, new posts and under 300 plays and mint in every way and truly flawless. Also comes with Extra Wolverine Bash toy.

I assume this is the last update we are getting for X-men

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Weapon X still is horrible. It needs something to alternate or victory laps. I got it 3 times in one game again. I would have loved if Stern had switched that up.
That for me kills the game play

Yup. Main reason I had to say 'bye' to the game. I can let a lot of stuff slide, but that was the dealbreaker for me.

Regardless - if the game is bug free and every mode has graphics/sounds/rules - we have a complete game, and Stern should be commended for giving owners of the game a complete experience. The fact that they've given a solid update to an "out of production" game should end the chorus of "They don't care once they're onto the next game". This clearly proves they care.

#28 10 years ago

Jiggly night crawler is now back!
More flashing apron!
Dead pool knocks on my dmd!

#29 10 years ago

Why the eff is DP mode TEN MINUTES LOOOOOOONG?!?!

Details soon as I can type them up. Other than DP time limit, this update looks solid.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I was for sure they had forgotten their webpage login.....

Stranger things have happened.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

new code took it from a C+ to a Solid b or B + if they would have done something better with weapon X it would have been major and pushed X-men into the keeper status. Instead I'm on the fence. If anyone wants a truly decked out Wolverine #14 LE mine is for sale $6K fully loaded with a ton of mods ICEMAN, diff toys, nigh crawler lights, blackbird lights, shaker, ice on the ice man ramp, new posts and under 300 plays and mint in every way and truly flawless. Also comes with Extra Wolverine Bash toy.

Only took 30 min for someone to say code update wasn't enough lol

#32 10 years ago

Adjustment #24 says "wolverine MB timer" and adjustment #23 says "wolverine timer".

What are these for?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Honestly?

If you don't like playing Weapon X, don't hit the Wolverine figure.

Pretty simple. Big yellow thing ... Avoid it. Weapon X doesn't start.

You must be hitting it like 20 times to start the third Weapon X.

Aim somewhere else. Problem solved!

I'm here to help.

PS typical the new code comes while my game is folded up ... Waiting for new carpet to go down at the moment. Dooohhhh

rd.

#34 10 years ago

It appears that they addressed the moving Ramp of Doom in Ice Man mode - once again new code always seems different even when its not… looking forward to the read me

#35 10 years ago

I changed my mode start to hard before 1st game, Weapon X is much better this way.

#36 10 years ago

Funny..I can count the number of times on one hand I've restarted Weapon X MB after finishing it. I never thought it was an issue at all

Quoted from hank527:

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Funny..I can count the number of times on one hand I've restarted Weapon X MB after finishing it. I never thought it was an issue at all

I agree, unless your hitting him due to missed shots a lot then even in pretty long games you shouldn't be getting X MB more then 2 times.

DP should be attained through 15 combos I think and stays enabled for a long time. I know some may not like that but if he helps defeat villians then keep him active for a long time IMO.

#38 10 years ago

Does anyone know how to start Dead Pool Mode? It says you need to combo to ten which I did then the flashers on the ramps started to pulse and the word Dead Pool would pop up on the screen every 10 seconds or so but I couldn't figure out how to start the mode? The scoop was flashing and I hit the scoop but it just started villain mode not Dead Pool? Anyone know how to start Dead Pool mode once you've activated it??

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree, unless your hitting him due to missed shots a lot then even in pretty long games you shouldn't be getting X MB more then 2 times.

Still - it's a waste of a huge main toy that takes up tons of real estate to actively avoid him due to poor rules. A toy that big & close should engage the player in a more fun & interesting way.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Does anyone know how to start Dead Pool Mode?

DP should be attained through 15 combos I think

Quoted from Rarehero:

Still - it's a waste of a huge main toy that takes up tons of real estate to actively avoid him due to poor rules. A toy that big & close should engage the player in a more fun & interesting way.

I disagree. For pinheads that don't play a ton of competitive pinball it is nice to have a gimmie MB like this and doc ock. I don't have to avoid him if I'm not shooting for him. I think the figure is too big but also think the complaining about that mode is a bit overblown.

#41 10 years ago

Here you go, fellas. I'll be putting all my finding here like I usually do for XM code releases. Details on Deadpool and DP mode

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-rcades-x-men-v15-changes-and-rules#post-1446547

#42 10 years ago

I disagree. For pinheads that don't play a ton of competitive pinball it is nice to have a gimmie MB like this and doc ock. I don't have to avoid him if I'm not shooting for him. I think the figure is too big but also think the complaining about that mode is a bit overblown.

There's "gimme" and then there's Wolverine. You can't compare him to Doc Ock. Doc Ock is further up on the playfield and requires precise aim to get into the saucer. Wolverine is close and big...didn't need to be that much of a gimme. Is there any multiball in pinball that's easier to start? I can't think of one...and newbs have enjoyed those games just fine.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Wolverine toy is incredibly engaging, especially when his arm breaks off to become "part" of the game. This mode does not come often or easily though, only the elite can pull it off.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's "gimme" and then there's Wolverine. You can't compare him to Doc Ock. Doc Ock is further up on the playfield and requires precise aim to get into the saucer. Wolverine is close and big...didn't need to be that much of a gimme. Is there any multiball in pinball that's easier to start? I can't think of one...and newbs have enjoyed those games just fine.

This is not the thread your looking for.

#45 10 years ago

Just updated mine, THANKS for the heads up!!

#46 10 years ago

In case anyone is confused, this is a thread to discuss the new X-men code update. Please visit the numerous older threads if you want to discuss past issues.

Bring on the new features in this code update!

Awesome stuff in Rcade's thread too.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This is not the thread your looking for.

Sure, it's retreading old complaints - but people (not just me) have wanted some mode that led into Weapon X instead of how it is. This was suggested years ago...so when talking about a code update, it's relevant to discuss whether this was changed or left the same....bummer that other things were given priority - but it is what it is.

#48 10 years ago

There WAS a mode that led into Weapon X, but it was removed after the first or second update.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Honestly?
If you don't like playing Weapon X, don't hit the Wolverine figure.
Pretty simple. Big yellow thing ... Avoid it. Weapon X doesn't start.
You must be hitting it like 20 times to start the third Weapon X.
Aim somewhere else. Problem solved!
I'm here to help.

Yeah, I never understood this complaint either. I like how easy it is to start Weapon X multiball and I use it to my advantage by first starting other X-men modes and then triggering Weapon X to give me an extra ball and ball save (or two if you hit the blackbird). Makes it easier to complete other X-men modes I have going. If you start Weapon X off the bat, you can't start other X-men modes, so it's advantageous to start other modes first.

Of course you have to like having all the stacking options on. So if you don't like that it's a moot point. But for me having all the stacking options on makes the game more fun and it's still a challenge.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, it's retreading old complaints - but people (not just me) have wanted some mode that led into Weapon X instead of how it is. This was suggested years ago...so when talking about a code update, it's relevant to discuss whether this was changed or left the same....bummer that other things were given priority - but it is what it is.

Problem is old code had a wolverine non weapon x mode that was kinda cool. I was just hoping that may come back then weapon x and possibly victory laps. That's all and it would not have been difficult. I'm sorry but weapon x simply sucks. It is not engaging and I forgot to set it to hard. The wolverine toy is a gimmie random entitled to think weapon x simply sucks. Worst mode in all of pinball as it takes up a large portion of the lower pf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-x-men-code-is-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.