• 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Combo_Names.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

There is an option to disable the iceramp from moving after the 1st make in Iceman mode.I personally won't disable but surely some will like this option.

#48 10 years ago

After playing several games i've seen the iceramp move to the left for some combo shots.Cyclops-Storm-Cyclops-Storm then it moves left for you to hit as many times as you can.
Also 1 mystery award is a "1 made shot" when you have a Villian in progress.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

Thanks Mutton! Here's what I've got so far confirmed:
Beast + Storm = Meteorology
Beast + Wolv = Savage Animals
Beast + Rogue = Beauty and the Beast
Prof X + Beast = Sharp Minds
Prof X + Cyc = Teachers Pet
Storm + Iceman = Hailstorm
Storm + CycGold + Blue Leaders
Iceman + Prof X = Brain Freeze
??? = X-Men Leaders
??? = Power Drain
??? = Rivals
Iceman+Beast =Angry Yeti
??? = Unrequited Love
??? = Lovers Triangle
??? = Original X-Men
??? = Fire and Ice
Good stuff! Lets fill 'em in! Also need to check to see if they can be done in reverse order as well.

#152 10 years ago

One of the mystery awards is to lock a ball.

#154 10 years ago

One thing they need to fix is the skill shot.If the ball misses the Phoenix switch and hits sling shot switches the skill shot is still active and can hit Xavier to make the SSS.
One fix I noticed is the timer start is delayed a little to select a villain.

#156 10 years ago

Xavier shot is the super skill but should be renamed super lucky shot.

#158 10 years ago

I refer it to being lucky when you hit it with the upper flipper.
To me its not skill to let it drop and then hit it.The way it's programmed now the only switches on the lower playfield that turns off the SSS light are the inlanes,outlanes,and scoop.
If the ball hits the HF,BH,or slings it is still active to hit.

#167 10 years ago

I think the iceramp hurry up will start if you do a 4 way combo.I know it will move over to the left and stay until you miss it.A Cyclops-Storm-Cyclops-Storm combo will move it left.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

This is by design, and is not sloppy implementation. And while I DO think having Xavier as the SSS is a little crazy, it IS a SSS and should be hard to get.
You CAN get it from the upper flipper off the soft plunge, but that's pretty much a luck game, and most of the time, you're better off just trying for the Psylock SS and hoping it bumps off the post into Xavier. So there's no skill there.
The TRUE skill to this shot, and why I like it, is in the fact that you soft plunge and let the ball drop onto the right flipper and make Xavier. But it's not always as simple as that. The soft plunge drop, more often than not, will drop onto the right sling, causing the ball to rocket around the lower playfield, which is why the HFC and BH targets and slingshots don't kill the SSS. When this happens, it's a crapshoot as to whether or not you can get it controlled in time (let alone on the correct flipper) to make the Xavier shot (which is a TOUGH shot to make on command) and get the SSS in time. The KEY to making it as CONSISTENTLY as possible is to:
-soft plunge, but don't hit the Pheonix switch
-as the ball rolls down and reaches the end of the upper flipper bat, SLAP THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CABINET NEXT TO THE UPPER FLIPPER BAT!! This bumps the balls trajectory slightly to the left, and makes it MUCH more likely that the ball will miss the slings. This same "move" is used a lot in games like ACDC to keep the ball out of the slings during an orbit.
-ball will miss the sling, then cradle with the right flipper bat, aim and make the Xavier shot.
One thing I will give XM, this is a TRUE SSS. Yes, you can make it a luckfest, but it takes a good player to make it by design.

After playing a few games and actually trying to make the super skill shot I think it is a good SSS.
Usually after I miss a Storm skill shot it would land on my right flipper to make and thought it was just a lucky shot.
Now I actually try the SSS and it will hit the top of the right sling to the HF target to the left flipper then I pass it to the right to make.

#204 10 years ago

If you disable the iceramp in the Iceman mode setting it will stay left until the mode is over.
It will still move in modes like Sabertooth.

#206 10 years ago

When Iceman mode starts it eventually moves left.It should stay there until you hit it once and you should be able to hit it again right after the 1st make before it starts moving back.
There is a new setting to disable the iceramp during that mode.It will stay left until the mode is over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-x-men-code-is-out?tu=bballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.