• 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Combo_Names.jpg
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/348201147003183104

Attention X-Men Pinball fans. A brand new code update is available now on the Stern website. Enjoy!!!

V1.3 - June 21, 2013
=======================
- Added a combo system.
*Unique Combos
*Combo Champions
- Added new artwork for shoot again and ball save.
- Added a new skill shot.
- Added new mystery awards.
*Ball save;
*Lock lit;
*Lock awarded;
*Shot awarded;
- Added new adjustables.
*Added Mystery - Ball save adjustable;
*Added Iceman Mode ramp adjustable;
- Added Brotherhood targets as shots for Brotherhood Multiball.
- Adjusted scoring for Omega Red and Shadow King.
- Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler would incorrectly appear.
- Fixed the lights in Wolverine Multiball to allow stacked villain shots to light up as well.
- Fixed an issue with Brotherhood not registering Storm and Rogue shots correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Brotherhood scores were incorrectly justified.
- Fixed an issue where Mystery would unsuccessfully try to add time to NightCrawler.

Direct link for the lazy

#2 10 years ago

HALLELUJAH!

#3 10 years ago

Complaint and a praise threads will quickly follow. I hope it's fun. Looks like some positive direction.

#4 10 years ago

Grats to xmen owners! We want reports!!

#5 10 years ago

hmmm, looks kinda weak, but I do like everything that's listed.

Would have been nice to lower all the insane req for DP, but it looks like most of the bugs I had the biggest problem with were addressed!

Over all a good update it looks like on the surface, really needs one more minimum though...

I'll try it when I finish my pizza

#6 10 years ago

Let us know how it is. In happy to see more rewards added to the mystery. Ball saver mystery award? I like that!

#7 10 years ago

This is basically what Borg said was going to be in the new code months ago. More mystery awards, fix the iceman ramp moving, and combos.

#8 10 years ago

Game still had scoring issues after all this time? Best thing added is the Iceman mode ramp adjustment setting for the LE's it seems.

10K by Xmas with the combo system in place.

#9 10 years ago

It keeps getting better

#10 10 years ago

downloaded to zip drive and going to update right now. will report back in an hour or two!

#11 10 years ago

As i watch this code update, I realize this HAS to be the 2nd or 3rd best feeling in this hobby. The first, finding an amazing deal on a nice pin. The 2nd, getting a NIB pin. But updates are a close third!!

#12 10 years ago

Nice! can't wait to try this out. No deadpool yet, but I am sure he is coming really hope the combos have audio paired with a successful combo and not just DMD text.

#13 10 years ago

So that means the next and final update should have Phoenix and Deadpool?

#14 10 years ago

Just checked the audits on mine before updating the code.... Played 18 games since the last code update in March....

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Just checked the audits on mine before updating the code.... Played 18 games since the last code update in March....

LOL that's more then I had and I had a bunch of pinhead friends over once.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So that means the next and final update should have Phoenix and Deadpool?

Hope so.

--Luke

#17 10 years ago

The combo awards are cool, added names and animations for the different combo shots that can be done that display on the DMD and there is a call out for them as well. Also I randomly did the new super skill shot without even knowing it into Professor X from the upper flipper. Very positive on just a few games, back to playing!

#18 10 years ago

Little teaser, could barely catch it on my cell phone

// Error: Image 110702 not found //

#19 10 years ago

ugh i just had a double ball release from magneto in first game... tell me that was just a fluke and that problem isn't back!

#20 10 years ago

Combo integration sounds great! I wanna go home and play stupid work

#21 10 years ago

There is an option to disable the iceramp from moving after the 1st make in Iceman mode.I personally won't disable but surely some will like this option.

#22 10 years ago

I love it! So many cool new animations! Dazzler is the extra ball, great dots there too! Tons of combos, super skill shot, etc. GREAT JOB STERN!!!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

LOL that's more then I had and I had a bunch of pinhead friends over once.

Hmm. I had 293 games on mine on v1.24. I thought the last update was quite decent. Looking forward to trying this one out.

#24 10 years ago

Ok, combos added more fun than I thought they would. Screwed me up the first game, neat how it calls them out and adds them up. Some are set and some are called unique.

I didn't have Nightcrawler messing with me like he used to, but I've conditioned my play to prevent it as much as possible so i don't know if they actually fixed it or not.

I did the new Super skill shot as well. I don't really understand how you're supposed to set it up though, or if you're actually supposed to try to bounce it off the post up into Xavier. I got lucky and the ball trickled to the right flipper right after launch.

Dazzler is in as shoot again girl. Neat.

They still need to stop letting heroes restart after completing them. And I wish they would do something about Wolverines mode shots. When the left shots are the fast flashers, and you have a ball save from starting it or getting add a ball, the beast lane is deactivated due to the balls launching and you have nothing to shoot for at all. Of course you keep shooting all your balls up there anyways, getting them in the way of each other and bouncing around to pop bumpers, often sending another down the drain which if its still in ball saver keeps the switch deactivated longer so you get to keep doing it. I was stuck there quite a while. Guess I'll start shooting the other side even thugh it doesn't progress anything. Not fun to have to do something counterproductive.

Overall good update. combos are a lot of fun.

I did have two balls in my launch lane once, hasn't been a problem for a long time. I thinking I will go ahead and use the disable iceman ramp feature, i don't understand how others don't drain off that bastard as much as I do. Anywhere from when it just barely starts moving at the left until it gets over the right sling goes over everything to the drain. Over 70% of its travel at least is a death trap. Nothing to tell you when it will start moving still, so if it moves right after i take the shot I get to drain automatically. Thats just not fun.

I've also been having trouble for awhile with Nightcrawler triggering Magneto targets or the Magneto lane switch. I can't even get the contacts any further apart on the standups, and the lane switch I've had bent all over the place, replaced it, and have been bending it all over the place some more. Ends up starting Magneto a little too often. I'll figure it out someday, really just wish they would soften up Nightcrawler coil a little, no reason for them to slam up like that.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Game still had scoring issues after all this time? Best thing added is the Iceman mode ramp adjustment setting for the LE's it seems.
10K by Xmas with the combo system in place.

Lol only if it comes with 5k in quarters in the coin box!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

They still need to stop letting heroes restart after completing them. And I wish they would do something about Wolverines mode shots. When the left shots are the fast flashers, and you have a ball save from starting it or getting add a ball, the beast lane is deactivated due to the balls launching and you have nothing to shoot for at all. Of course you keep shooting all your balls up there anyways, getting them in the way of each other and bouncing around to pop bumpers, often sending another down the drain which if its still in ball saver keeps the switch deactivated longer so you get to keep doing it. I was stuck there quite a while. Guess I'll start shooting the other side even thugh it doesn't progress anything. Not fun to have to do something counterproductive.

Both directions in Weapon X mode progress towards the end, it's just that the slower flashing side is slower (takes more shots).

--Luke

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

really just wish they would soften up Nightcrawler coil a little, no reason for them to slam up like that.

You can do that yourself, not that you should have to. I downgraded the scoop kickout coil in my Tron LE after deciding there was no reason it should fire hard enough to bounce off the flipper all the way back into the scoop.

#28 10 years ago

I just played with the glass off to try it out for a bit and couldn't get that combo screen to come up. My shots just show "2/3/4-Way Combo" in small text under the score, no call outs, no animations, wouldn't even have known if I wasn't watching the DMD so close. I didn't see anything in the menu to "Enable" combo feature or anything like that... Something I'm missing?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I've also been having trouble for awhile with Nightcrawler triggering Magneto targets or the Magneto lane switch. I can't even get the contacts any further apart on the standups, and the lane switch I've had bent all over the place, replaced it, and have been bending it all over the place some more. Ends up starting Magneto a little too often. I'll figure it out someday, really just wish they would soften up Nightcrawler coil a little, no reason for them to slam up like that.

I can't imagine it is triggering the lock standups, but mine activates the lock lane rollover. it there is a ball in there (it counts as a captive ball hit). I'm not sure if it would do it with the weight of 2 balls in there or not.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I can't imagine it is triggering the lock standups, but mine activates the lock lane rollover. it there is a ball in there (it counts as a captive ball hit). I'm not sure if it would do it with the weight of 2 balls in there or not.

Yeah, it's got to be the lane I figured. Both used to do it, but I've got it down to only the left one doing it now, it is just a little closer. It will do it with two balls in on mine. i think three too.

Thanks for the suggestion yancy, I don't think I'll swap coils but maybe I'll throw a small resistor inline just to see what it will do. I can't adjust the switch anymore, I've tried it all.

#31 10 years ago

Ok, got the Combo screen to display... Looks like it's only for the "Unique" combos and if you're in a mode or anything else going on, combo display seems to take lowest priority?

Unique Combo had a call-out, looks like the 'regular' combo's do not.

Ice Man + Prof X = "Brain freeze".... lol

We'll need to start another list for documenting the Unique Combo's now!

#32 10 years ago

Sweet, about damn time!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

We'll need to start another list for documenting the Unique Combo's now!

They are listed at the end of the messages tab if you look at the rom in the Pinball Browser that's being worked on.

#34 10 years ago

Awesome...but leaving for vacation in the morning. Can't check it out until I get back next week.

(Welcome to a true First World problem).

Is Kitty the Super Skill Shot animation?

Pete

#35 10 years ago

YEEEEEHAW! Just got home, will be busting my GoPro out and taking some video to upload later on of the update...

.....guess its time to spend another couple weeks updating my rule sheet *gulp*

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Awesome...but leaving for vacation in the morning. Can't check it out until I get back next week.
(Welcome to a true First World problem).
Is Kitty the Super Skill Shot animation?
Pete

yeah, kitty and lockheed

#37 10 years ago

Happy for you guys who waited so long for this. Hope it worth it

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

ugh i just had a double ball release from magneto in first game... tell me that was just a fluke and that problem isn't back!

Me too. And I almost never had that problem with the previous code. Hoping for a fluke but not holding my breath.

Also had a phantom Storm switch hit which hasn't happened since readjusting the switch a long time back. Again, hoping for a fluke. Can't imagine the switch needs adjusting again, but I guess it's possible. We'll see...but two "bugs" in my very first game doesn't start me off on a very happy note...

#39 10 years ago

Thanks Mutton! Here's what I've got so far confirmed:

Beast + Storm = Meteorology
Beast + Wolv = Savage Animals
Beast + Rogue = Beauty and the Beast
Prof X + Beast = Sharp Minds
Prof X + Cyc = Teachers Pet
Storm + Iceman = Hailstorm
Storm + CycGold + Blue Leaders
Iceman + Prof X = Brain Freeze
??? = X-Men Leaders
??? = Power Drain
??? = Rivals
??? = Angry Yeti
??? = Unrequited Love
??? = Lovers Triangle
??? = Original X-Men
??? = Fire and Ice

Good stuff! Lets fill 'em in! Also need to check to see if they can be done in reverse order as well.

#40 10 years ago

Definitely a step in the right direction. Played a few games tonight and look forward to playing more.

#41 10 years ago

Can confirm for LE that Mags SJP is NO LONGER a requirement for DR. I collected all hero modes and DR lit up

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Can confirm for LE that Mags SJP is NO LONGER a requirement for DR. I collected all hero modes and DR lit up

Hmm, I would have rather them increase damage (and of course add combo damage) to make SJP a little easier to get then to have them remove the requirement... Think you should have to have your XMen assembled and taken out Mags to "advance" to the Wizard Mode...

So now fighting Mags is just an optional "side quest" to do for the XMen in the overall Rule Progression to the Final Battle? Or do you have to defeat him to light DP?

#43 10 years ago

Great news, wasn't expecting it this soon.
Downloading now, can't wait to try it.

#44 10 years ago

I wish the Beast + Beast + Beast + Beast + Beast combo was something (besides a bad mistake or a bug), but I don't think it is.

The pops just throwing it back to Beast and he stays lit for a combo. Why would the same shot stay lit for back to back combos.

I like the combos, I love the unique combos. I really don't like the arrows being used for combos. Red arrows are already on villain, multiball and now combo duty. Too much. I would rather all of the combos give off a sound that is higher pitched with each addition to the combo.

On the plus side...at least everything isn't lit as a qualifying combo shot after every shot. I haven't played enough, but after a few games they seem pretty reasonable. Wolvie lit after a Cyclops shot is dumb...there is nothing combo about hitting Cyclops letting the ball come down to the lower flippers, bobble around a bit and then hit Wolverine that feels combo to me. Wolvie should be lit for a combo shot after Storm, Xavier and Iceman...that's about it in my opinion. Any other shot to him is just flippin' the ball around.

PS: Are unique combos only available at the beginning of a combo? I know I have wove some in on long strings and didn't hear any callouts.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I have never had one of those?

#46 10 years ago

I appreciate the super skill shot, but really don't see anyone skilling it into that shot. It's a chance shot. I would have rather some other shot been added after an Angel skill shot. A straight up the middle Mags shot would have been my pick.

Ball Save animation is nice.

They FINALLY fixed the bug where the Hellfire targets would light up when hit and not active.

They still have the red arrow flashing on the last shot of Iceman mode for no good reason. Red arrows are already used too heavily. There is no need to flash 1 in 1 hero mode for no reason. It's a hero mode...his white insert ins flashing...we git it, we are supposed to hit the ramp.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

Thanks Mutton! Here's what I've got so far confirmed:
Beast + Storm = Meteorology
Beast + Wolv = Savage Animals
Beast + Rogue = Beauty and the Beast
Prof X + Beast = Sharp Minds
Prof X + Cyc = Teachers Pet
Storm + Iceman = Hailstorm
Storm + CycGold + Blue Leaders
Iceman + Prof X = Brain Freeze
??? = X-Men Leaders
??? = Power Drain
??? = Rivals
??? = Angry Yeti
??? = Unrequited Love
??? = Lovers Triangle
??? = Original X-Men
??? = Fire and Ice
Good stuff! Lets fill 'em in! Also need to check to see if they can be done in reverse order as well.

Guesses:
Hellfire target + Iceman = fire and ice
Jean + Wolverine + Cyclops = lovers triangle
Rogue + Gambit = unrequited love
Wolverine + cyclops = rivals

#48 10 years ago

After playing several games i've seen the iceramp move to the left for some combo shots.Cyclops-Storm-Cyclops-Storm then it moves left for you to hit as many times as you can.
Also 1 mystery award is a "1 made shot" when you have a Villian in progress.

#49 10 years ago

Here is a list of available combo shots for each character...along with my opinions.

Wolverine: No Combo (combo end)

Rogue: No Combos (combo end)

Phoenix: No Combo (combo end)

Beast: Beast: (DUMB! and probably a bug. Why would you have the same shot lit back to back)
Storm
Rogue
Xavier (I guess if you are going to count his shot as a "I did that on purpose" shot for the upper flipper like they are with the Super "Skill" Shot...I guess that's OK)
Wolverine (Dumb!)

Storm: Wolverine
Cyclops
Iceman
Phoenix

Xavier: Cyclops
Iceman
Phoenix

Xavier notes: Wolverine isn't in there, but I think he should be.

Cyclops: Beast (WTF!?!)
Wolverine (Dumb and also dumb as a shot in his hero mode)
Storm
Rogue
Xavier (see note above about Xavier being a viable upper flipper shot)

Iceman: Wolverine
Beast
Xavier

Iceman note: I agree with the combo shots that can be linked to Iceman...it is broken if the ramp is in the left docking position. If the ramp is to the left it should switch to Wolverine, Cyclops, Iceman (I will support back to back shots here for a combo since it is in the spirit of his mode and a special LE only feature) and Phoenix, but it stays with Wolverine, Beast and Xavier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-x-men-code-is-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.