• Latest reply 6 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13517463_10208023467442171_2994934180716169817_o (resized).jpg
Kolchak_1x14_005 (resized).jpg
mcgavin-itsamajoraward (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatordad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Yes I watched them all so far.

I was a huge fan of the original series as well.

I have some mixed feelings on the reboot....
The horney toad / shape shifter episode was a throwback definitely!, I enjoyed it, however should a quirky episode like that be included if you are trying to re-boot the series? Only time will tell.

I actually enjoyed last weeks episode of the garbage man, that was a much better creature episode IMHO.

The fist 2 episodes were true to the original conspiracy series theme that was so popular on the original first 9 year run.

Have to see whats in store for the final episode to completely judge, but so far, because I'm biased and a previous fan, I give it a solid B for nostalgic entertainment.

2 weeks later
#14 8 years ago

My favorite writter for the X-files was Vince Gilligan
and he was mysteriously absent from this mini series/reboot. (Perhaps too busy with "Better call Saul" and also wrote on Breaking Bad)

I watched a Chris Carter interview and he talked about his desire to bring Dogget's character back but they just could not coordinate it.

He said ratings were good enough to do it again, negotiations with Duchovny and Anderson took 6 months in this go round.

He mentioned looking at doing a 8-12 episode for the next round.

Typical with the cliff hanger........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatordad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-x-files-thread?tu=gatordad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.