• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13517463_10208023467442171_2994934180716169817_o (resized).jpg
Kolchak_1x14_005 (resized).jpg
mcgavin-itsamajoraward (resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Anyone else watching? I'm at the mid point of EP1 and not impressed.

Anyway I put this in the popcorn section since it seemed like sitting and waiting for a new season was a popcorn event.

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

it sucks. getting tired of conspiracy within a conspiracy storyline. I see duchovney still cant act. He has the emotional range of obama reading from a teleprompter(zing!). 3rd story was interesting, creature gets bit by man. 4th episode, worst ever. A bad twilight zone episode. scullys mom dying in hospital ,waste of a 1/2 hr. Too many other good shows to watch, not wasting time with this rehashed garbage.

#3 8 years ago

I was a HUGE fan of the original series. I grew up watching it and can remember the impression that several memorable episodes had on me. I was definitely skeptical about the new episodes when they were announced. I thought the first episode was terrible. I wish they had cast another actor instead of Joel McHale (from The Soup) or got rid of his character entirely. The next couple of episodes were slightly progressively better. I finally enjoyed episode 4 because it had some of the humor and quirkiness of the original "creature feature" episodes. I think post-9/11 and NSA, it's too far of a stretch to believe or care about "alien conspiracies".

But man do I remember the days of listening to Coast to Coast AM very late at night and wondering if a Chupcabra was running wild in the forest behind my house.

#4 8 years ago

I'm with Guy. I wish I could like them more, but they're just kinda boring.

#5 8 years ago

Yes I watched them all so far.

I was a huge fan of the original series as well.

I have some mixed feelings on the reboot....
The horney toad / shape shifter episode was a throwback definitely!, I enjoyed it, however should a quirky episode like that be included if you are trying to re-boot the series? Only time will tell.

I actually enjoyed last weeks episode of the garbage man, that was a much better creature episode IMHO.

The fist 2 episodes were true to the original conspiracy series theme that was so popular on the original first 9 year run.

Have to see whats in store for the final episode to completely judge, but so far, because I'm biased and a previous fan, I give it a solid B for nostalgic entertainment.

#6 8 years ago

I made it through 20 minutes of episode 5, ugh...

#7 8 years ago

I was a huge fan of the original series.

Was looking forward to this but was let down by the 1st and 2nd episodes. It got better in ep 3 (not much - but better) Ep 4 on tomorrow night and ep 5 the following week. Hope there is an improvement but not holding my breath.

1 week later
#8 8 years ago

Last episode was ok. They're still really holding out on resolving all this though, aren't they? They're just leaving their options open by teasing us more and more.

It was good to go back to the old storyline finally, but boy. Where's my closure?

#9 8 years ago

Triangle shaped UFO flying in Washington DC is not good enough conclusion?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Triangle shaped UFO flying in Washington DC is not good enough conclusion?

Nope. We've seen that UFO before, it was no big surprise. Did the medicine work? Who's left? So far we know Scully and the Smoking Man. Are they just going to get picked up and taken to live on the Alien world while Earth recovers from all the damage we've done to it?

#11 8 years ago

Yep! it is a cliff hanger.

#12 8 years ago

Has it been picked up for more episodes? They brought Reyes back for the final episode but I was hoping Doggett would return.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Has it been picked up for more episodes? They brought Reyes back for the final episode but I was hoping Doggett would return.

There was to be only the 6 Episodes. The last one does leave us in the dark. Could there more? Another Movie?
There has been a book series announced in a Prequel scenario with Scully and Mulder as teens. Which will be released late 2016 or early 2017.

#14 8 years ago

My favorite writter for the X-files was Vince Gilligan
and he was mysteriously absent from this mini series/reboot. (Perhaps too busy with "Better call Saul" and also wrote on Breaking Bad)

I watched a Chris Carter interview and he talked about his desire to bring Dogget's character back but they just could not coordinate it.

He said ratings were good enough to do it again, negotiations with Duchovny and Anderson took 6 months in this go round.

He mentioned looking at doing a 8-12 episode for the next round.

Typical with the cliff hanger........

#15 8 years ago

I really wanted to like it but it seems like they were so desperate for shows to fill spots they didn't take much time to develop the plot.

#16 8 years ago

I would have rather just left it alone.
Huge Xfiles fan, but such a flat six episodes.
Only 1 felt like the old Xfiles, and it was still a bit contrived.
The original show captured the 90s and alien conspiracies and the supernatural perfectly.
To me... disappointed.
But that just means it's time to start over with watching the pilot episode on Netflix for the umpteenth time!

#17 8 years ago

Episode 3 was awesome. Rhys Darby is such a fantastic comedic actor.

#18 8 years ago

Finally finished the mini-series. Anybody know if Mulder and Scully had a baby, but then gave him away? If you didn't know, they did, and Scully mentions this fact about fifty times over the last three episodes. Jesus.

10 months later
#19 7 years ago

From Jan 16th 17. X-Files team are in negotiations for another run of TV shows.

Could be great news for the fans.

#20 7 years ago

Now that there is a specific sub-forum for hobbies without flippers... time to leave the basement !
Lights on!

3 months later
#21 6 years ago

I've been watching the series since it came out... 10 new episodes coming later this year!

I have seen on one of my local channels (MeTV or the like) reruns of Kolchak The Night Stalker. When the X-files first cam on-this is the first show that came to mind...

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I've been watching the series since it came out... 10 new episodes coming later this year!
I have seen on one of my local channels (MeTV or the like) reruns of Kolchak The Night Stalker. When the X-files first cam on-this is the first show that came to mind...

Dude, Kolchak The Night Stalker was an awesome show when it first came out and still holds up pretty good compared to the CGI plot-less crap they pour down out throats these days.

#23 6 years ago

I was in High School when Kolchak came out. It was a great show although I never understood how someone could drive with the top down on his Mustang all year long in Chicago. Too bad they cancelled it after just 1 season.

Darren McGavin made a couple of appearances on the X-Files.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Dude, Kolchak The Night Stalker was an awesome show when it first came out and still holds up pretty good compared to the CGI plot-less crap they pour down out throats these days.

I think I was about 8 and remember being fascinated by that show....

Quoted from SteveO:

I was in High School when Kolchak came out. It was a great show although I never understood how someone could drive with the top down on his Mustang all year long in Chicago. Too bad they cancelled it after just 1 season.

Being from Chicago, I wondered the same thing......although with the winters here in Chi-town and salt on the roads-there weren't many Mustangs that looked that good on the streets...lol

Caught one of his appearances on an X-files episode last weekend!
Still will always remember him from this....let the famous quotes begin...

mcgavin-itsamajoraward (resized).jpgmcgavin-itsamajoraward (resized).jpg

2 months later
#25 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I've been watching Kolchak re-runs every Sunday on MeTV and it never gets old.

X-Files was certainly influenced by it but you can take it back even further to Dark Shadows. Just as X-files had Darren McGavin in a couple episodes, Lara Parker (Angelique from the original Dark Shadows) reprised her role as a witch on the Kolchak episode "The Trevi Collection"

Kolchak_1x14_005 (resized).jpgKolchak_1x14_005 (resized).jpg

Dark Shadows was must watch TV after school in the late 60s.

#26 6 years ago

Totally random, but I have a few props from X-Files Season 10 episode 3, here's one:

13517463_10208023467442171_2994934180716169817_o (resized).jpg13517463_10208023467442171_2994934180716169817_o (resized).jpg

1 week later
#27 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Totally random, but I have a few props from X-Files Season 10 episode 3, here's one:

Cool!

4 months later
#28 6 years ago

January 3rd next season premiers! Wonder if they'll resume from the scene on the bridge......

2 weeks later
#29 6 years ago

It is Jan 3rd. X-Files back on TV. Fantastic!!

"The Truth is Out There"

Holy Crap! Plot twists galore, or was it all in Scully's head, since the episode started, and ended with an into the eye shot?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-x-files-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.