image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2242_(resized).JPG
bret-hart-split-vince-mcmahon-o_(resized).png
HartWM26_(resized).jpg
TOP_MEN.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Now up on the site: http://sternpinball.com/game-code

SUPER disappointing code release. No offense, but why bother? Like 4 changes...and it's been forever since the last update, and no update with any worthwile changes to the actual gameplay since the game was released.

As a frequent defender of this pin, I feel like there is little to no light at the end of the tunnel now. I dint buy pins as an investment at all, but I have to say it's pretty goddamn devastating that I'm going to go into the hole huge on this one when (if) I sell/trade it. So, I guess, rejoice all of you with schadenfreude, another way for you to poke fun of us WWE owners and belittle our choice! And thanks to Stern for really showing that there's 0 faith in this pin. I hope to eat my words one day like with XMen, but even with XM I could see hope with early on. :/

#2 8 years ago

V1.20 - November 12, 2015
=======================

Spike System
- Added ticket dispenser support
- Improved nodebus communication to increase flipper performance.
- Fixed crash when verifying game image.
- Changed default "Service Menu/Coin Door Open" brightness to 2%.
- Removed unused USB Utility Menu.
- Game Code Update improvements:
* At machine startup, if a USB flash drive is found that contains.
any files that match *.spk or *.SPK, launch the Game Code Update application.
* Added sounds for "USB Device Inserted", "Update Complete", and "Update Unsuccessful".
* Perform a factory reset immediately after successful code update.
* Improved handling of USB read errors during game code update.
* Display "RESTARTING GAME" when game is restarted in software (for example, after a Factory Reset).
- Save Audits and Credits at end of Game.

Gameplay
- Fixed opponent to show correctly on the display for Wrestlemania.
- Fixed Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania display text to show correct shot.
- Modified scoring for MITB
- Changed Referee Multiball to be 2 balls
- Changed Tag Team Multiball to be 4 balls

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really hope this isn't the update Stern was crowing about on Facebook and it's still to come.

Me too. As I said, I REALLY hope I end up eating my words, but why even bother posting that update if they were working on something bigger?!

I WANT to like this game, really I do, but they've missed out on so many obvious ways they could have made this a "better" game. Just very little hope left.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

After that FB code post I put WWE back on my wish list
Deleting it now tho
Stern needs to get slapped with a class action lawsuit for this code shit. Not one so big it puts em out of business, just one that's big enough for force them to deliver what they promise.

IMO, they brought XM back from the grave code-wise and made it probably my favorite recent Stern overall, so I've been through the heavy code-woes to the triumphant payoff....but I just don't see any of the potential with the direction of the code as it currently is. I held on and "dealt" with XM's code issues simply because I saw its potential, but WWE is a mess now. Having a game that you can't progress any deeper into the game until you completely beat a multiball mode TWICE is an absolutely idiotic feat. Waison did something similar with XM's release code, but at least that was ditched very quick. WWE's issues have stuck around for almost a year now.

man, sooooo bummed

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This isn't the update they mentioned, more seems to be coming.
Rob

Fingers crossed, but why even bother putting up something like this if they have a bigger update around the corner? Could they NOT see how an update like v1.20 would upset/frustrate owners?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I was hoping that would be obvious.
After all, went out of the way to deliberately say that the major update was still in the works. Says so right in the facebook post that accompanied this release. Maybe I really should make the threads on pinside myself so this info is properly copy pasted.
"Please note that we are currently working on a WWE code update that focuses on game enhancements and new features."
I understand that this is not the game changing earth shattering ultra update that many had anticipated or hoped for. Regardless, it is an update and does offer changes and enhancements vs the previous version. Our operators in particular will appreciate 1.20
Rather than withold this functionality from operators and owners by waiting to release, it was decided to drop it now.
We are committed to quality code at Stern, and have "top men" working on several games simataniously to provide updates and improvements.
Another update for WWE will come, and is already in progress. In fact, the touted "facebook photos" of the PD team working on the code, were in fact of the update coming beyond 1.20
As usual, the enthusiasm and excitement is appreciated.

As always, thanks for the direct communication, Jared!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

A simple request, then: what games are those? I don't think letting the public know which games are being worked on is too much to ask...

The REAL question though, RD, is when is the Wrestlemania pin going on Wrestlecrap? :p

2 months later
#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I sold mine a few months back but from what I remember it actually awards those points to your bonus as well, so if you have your multiplier increased which was fairly easy a 5X shot would be 2.5mil, a lot more valuable than the jackpots. Might be worth giving it a try.

Correct. The Wham bonus is pretty hefty in context because you not only get the 500k+ scores out of it, but it advances the bonus amount by an equal measure, which makes big progress towards maxing it out.

#114 8 years ago

I've heard from a very reliable source, whom I will not be mentioning, that Lyman has been put on it.

Supposedly this happened a while ago, so at this point I'm just going to be patient and have faith that another XM scenario will happen.

Take that for what it's worth.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

I think it might. I may consider adding a piece after the eventual code update and determine whether it becomes an integral part of the gameplay. I love the idea of a chairshot/clothesline off the rails though.
The layout of this game is certainly unique, but absolutely has a ton of potential with good code. Even as it is now, it's still quite a bit of fun when you understand the rules and what you're supposed to be doing - it just gets tiresome pretty quick when you identify all the areas that don't quite work as you'd expect or want.
On my live stream the other night, I finally was able to get a Tag Team Championship match, but was unable to acquire the titles. I've never seen an Intercontinental or WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. And have no idea how to enable the Royal Rumble mode, if it's even available in the current code. But when all this is working, I really think it will be an awesome game (as long as you also enjoy WWE at least a little, or used to enjoy it in the '80s or '90s.)

Intercontinental (Royal Rumble) and Heavyweight (Wrestlemania) modes are in there, they're just nearly impossible to get to currently.

You HAVE to get the tag titles to start qualifying for the IC title, and have to have the IC title to get to Wrestlemania. The problem is that multiballs are so goddamn difficult in the game- ball control with the layout is a nightmare for multiballs, the inner loops are ridiculously tight and are incredibly difficult shots to make anyways, let alone when you have multiple balls in play.

To compound that: you have to "beat" the tag multiball TWICE to get the title. So you have to get a SJP, then drain out of the mode, THEN RESTART IT AGAIN and do it all over again. Ridiculous. Especially if you accidentally knock down the drops and start a singles match which you have to complete :/.

IMO- the title qualifiers should be tied to your fan level. You get levels from completing in/out lane YES targets, like you do now, but you'd also get larger level amounts from completing certain tasks like beating opponents, pop bumper levels, maxing out EOB bonus, completing multiballs, etc. At least that way everything on the field has meaning and would be worth shooting for.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Ok, that makes a little more sense. I didn't realize the IC Title was tied to the Rumble mode. But having to win the Tag Titles first sucks for the reasons you mentioned. Specifically how easy it is to accidentally start a singles match by dropping the WWE targets.
Also wondered what true effect the YES! in/outlanes provided. I like the idea of the crowd hype going up to affect bonuses or multipliers, but haven't quite figured out all the areas that it applies to. I noticed it looks to have some relation to in-ring targets while not in an active match, but not sure. Seems like when there's not an active match, being in the ring is pointless.

Yeah, it's basically pointless to linger in the ring when not in a match. You can get the ring award by hitting the ring targets, and raise that level three times and "cash" it in by hitting the pin saucer, but the points just aren't worth the trouble. If I get in to the ring, I try to nudge it so the ball goes down the left wire form so I can go for a Wham arm bonus, which is way more valuable than completing ring targets.

#127 8 years ago

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some code to drop before the month's end, but I'm not gonna get bent t of shape if it doesn't.
I got my WWELE ready to go though- just installed the Stern side art blades cleaned the play field.

....here's to hoping for an XM-esque overhaul!

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Any pics? How do the art blades look in there? I'm really tempted but was also thinking just straight mirror blades might be nice in this one -- or custom art blades with a more "retro" audience style or the look of early '90s WWF neon.

I like them, I think the colors compliment nicely. Wish there were side art blades available for WWFRR!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#154 8 years ago

The Legends wrestlers like Shawn Michaels, Rick Flair and Ultimate Warrior and such are only in the LE version of the game. The dots and music for them will still be in the code for the pro, but they will only be displayed and used in the Legends LE version. The pro version reflects the product in more recent years only.

....and I'm with Zucot, hoping for Macho Man to be introduced into the code, even if it's just as an opponent. Would be even better if Stern was able to get permission from the Poffo family (most likely Lanny) to re-use some of Macho's call outs from WWFRR in WWE- that would be rad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wwe-lepro-code-update-v120?tu=Rcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.