image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2242_(resized).JPG
bret-hart-split-vince-mcmahon-o_(resized).png
HartWM26_(resized).jpg
TOP_MEN.gif
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

Now up on the site: http://sternpinball.com/game-code

SUPER disappointing code release. No offense, but why bother? Like 4 changes...and it's been forever since the last update, and no update with any worthwile changes to the actual gameplay since the game was released.

As a frequent defender of this pin, I feel like there is little to no light at the end of the tunnel now. I dint buy pins as an investment at all, but I have to say it's pretty goddamn devastating that I'm going to go into the hole huge on this one when (if) I sell/trade it. So, I guess, rejoice all of you with schadenfreude, another way for you to poke fun of us WWE owners and belittle our choice! And thanks to Stern for really showing that there's 0 faith in this pin. I hope to eat my words one day like with XMen, but even with XM I could see hope with early on. :/

#2 8 years ago

V1.20 - November 12, 2015
=======================

Spike System
- Added ticket dispenser support
- Improved nodebus communication to increase flipper performance.
- Fixed crash when verifying game image.
- Changed default "Service Menu/Coin Door Open" brightness to 2%.
- Removed unused USB Utility Menu.
- Game Code Update improvements:
* At machine startup, if a USB flash drive is found that contains.
any files that match *.spk or *.SPK, launch the Game Code Update application.
* Added sounds for "USB Device Inserted", "Update Complete", and "Update Unsuccessful".
* Perform a factory reset immediately after successful code update.
* Improved handling of USB read errors during game code update.
* Display "RESTARTING GAME" when game is restarted in software (for example, after a Factory Reset).
- Save Audits and Credits at end of Game.

Gameplay
- Fixed opponent to show correctly on the display for Wrestlemania.
- Fixed Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania display text to show correct shot.
- Modified scoring for MITB
- Changed Referee Multiball to be 2 balls
- Changed Tag Team Multiball to be 4 balls

#3 8 years ago

Sorry to hear. I long gave up on nib games unless code was finished. Avengers remains unfinished.

#4 8 years ago

IF any help on FB Jarod did say they were working on a game change improvement for WWE, that added rules and would effect gameplay.

#5 8 years ago

Wow, very disappointing and to think Stern made a Facebook post about a WWE update being worked on a few days ago...

This isn't an update, it's a crumb.

#6 8 years ago

Wow. What a crock. I'm praying for kiss updates but not if like this.

#7 8 years ago

At least they added ticket dispenser support!

Sorry guys, that's super lame. The theme was a total turnoff for me, I wouldn't have bough it if Lyman was coding it. But I take zero joy in anyone else getting screwed, no schadenfreude here.

I really hope this isn't the update Stern was crowing about on Facebook and it's still to come.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, very disappointing and to think Stern made a Facebook post about a WWE update being worked on a few days ago...
This isn't an update, it's a crumb.

You are way to kind PanzarFreak

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really hope this isn't the update Stern was crowing about on Facebook and it's still to come.

Me too. As I said, I REALLY hope I end up eating my words, but why even bother posting that update if they were working on something bigger?!

I WANT to like this game, really I do, but they've missed out on so many obvious ways they could have made this a "better" game. Just very little hope left.

#10 8 years ago

After that FB code post I put WWE back on my wish list

Deleting it now tho

Stern needs to get slapped with a class action lawsuit for this code shit. Not one so big it puts em out of business, just one that's big enough to force them to deliver.

#11 8 years ago

Sorry guys i too had hope for this pin as a huge rastling fan back in the day. Just finish the code for all the pinheads that paid hard earned money for this piece of Stern shit.

#12 8 years ago

What a disappointment. Sorry to hear this.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

After that FB code post I put WWE back on my wish list
Deleting it now tho
Stern needs to get slapped with a class action lawsuit for this code shit. Not one so big it puts em out of business, just one that's big enough for force them to deliver what they promise.

IMO, they brought XM back from the grave code-wise and made it probably my favorite recent Stern overall, so I've been through the heavy code-woes to the triumphant payoff....but I just don't see any of the potential with the direction of the code as it currently is. I held on and "dealt" with XM's code issues simply because I saw its potential, but WWE is a mess now. Having a game that you can't progress any deeper into the game until you completely beat a multiball mode TWICE is an absolutely idiotic feat. Waison did something similar with XM's release code, but at least that was ditched very quick. WWE's issues have stuck around for almost a year now.

man, sooooo bummed

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

At least they added ticket dispenser support!
Sorry guys, that's super lame. The theme was a total turnoff for me, I wouldn't have bough it if Lyman was coding it. But I take zero joy in anyone else getting screwed, no schadenfreude here.

This isn't the update they mentioned, more seems to be coming.

Rob

#15 8 years ago

I let mine go. I hope it turns out great but yes I was disappointed in sterns support.

#16 8 years ago

Maybe it's just that Waison sucks at code. Is he the lead on this one?

#17 8 years ago

I would love to get an LE, but not until Stern finishes the code.

I think the game plays great, but the code just isn't there yet. Almost like Star Trek before the last update.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This isn't the update they mentioned, more seems to be coming.
Rob

Fingers crossed, but why even bother putting up something like this if they have a bigger update around the corner? Could they NOT see how an update like v1.20 would upset/frustrate owners?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was hoping that would be obvious.

After all, went out of the way to deliberately say that the major update was still in the works. Says so right in the facebook post that accompanied this release. Maybe I really should make the threads on pinside myself so this info is properly copy pasted.

"Please note that we are currently working on a WWE code update that focuses on game enhancements and new features."

I understand that this is not the game changing earth shattering ultra update that many had anticipated or hoped for. Regardless, it is an update and does offer changes and enhancements vs the previous version. Our operators in particular will appreciate 1.20

Rather than withold this functionality from operators and owners by waiting to release, it was decided to drop it now.

We are committed to quality code at Stern, and have "top men" working on several games simataniously to provide updates and improvements.

Another update for WWE will come, and is already in progress. In fact, the touted "facebook photos" of the PD team working on the code, were in fact of the update coming beyond 1.20

As usual, the enthusiasm and excitement is appreciated.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

After all, went out of the way to deliberately say that the major update was still in the works. Says so right in the facebook post that accompanied this release. Maybe I really should make the threads on pinside myself so this info is properly copy pasted.
"Please note that we are currently working on a WWE code update that focuses on game enhancements and new features."
I understand that this is not the game changing earth shattering ultra update that many had anticipated or hoped for. Regardless, it is an update and does offer changes and enhancements vs the previous version. Our operators in particular will appreciate 1.20
Rather than withold this functionality from operators and owners by waiting to release, it was decided to drop it now.
We are committed to quality code at Stern, and have "top men" working on several games simataniously to provide updates and improvements.
Another update for WWE will come, and is already in progress. In fact, the touted "facebook photos" of the PD team working on the code, were in fact of the update coming beyond 1.20
As usual, the enthusiasm and excitement is appreciated.

As always, thanks for the direct communication, Jared!

#21 8 years ago

I call bs Jared, as Got has already two updates. Stern boned over the community on this one. You can try to smooth it over but its still way overdue and the owners feel cheated.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Honestly dude, and seriously, no offense, it's not. Stern really needs to earn some "obvious" points when it comes to code still.

Thanks for chiming in!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Surely you can understand the confusion, disappointment, and frustration?

Gameplay
- Fixed opponent to show correctly on the display for Wrestlemania.
- Fixed Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania display text to show correct shot.
- Modified scoring for MITB
- Changed Referee Multiball to be 2 balls
- Changed Tag Team Multiball to be 4 balls

I played wwe quite a few times and it's a complete train wreck. Worse stern...no, worse pin I've ever played. I hope the code team does justice to bring this game to life. Sorry to hear this Rcade; collectors and players with a passion like yours in this hobby deserve better.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

A simple request, then: what games are those? I don't think letting the public know which games are being worked on is too much to ask...

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

A simple request, then: what games are those? I don't think letting the public know which games are being worked on is too much to ask...

The REAL question though, RD, is when is the Wrestlemania pin going on Wrestlecrap? :p

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Sorry, this is not the policy to dicuss. Frankly, I was surprised that we revealed that a WWE code "was coming" on facebook. That's not typical.

I mean, not only are past games being worked on code wise, but there are also games in the future in all kinds of stages of development. I can't go on about the subject...

Listen: I'm an enthusiast. I've been here for years now. I get it, and I understand.

I know for a fact, WWE is being worked on. Stern is committed to it. No one is getting left behind here. Another update is coming.

You will continue to see code support for Stern titles in the coming months and years. If you buy a game early in the release cycle, you are going to have changes and updates as time goes on. Improvements.

If you all need to take out frustration me for some reason, well, that's ok. I love you guys. Pinball people are the best in the world. I've been with Stern long enough now to know there's not a more passionate collection of pinball people on the planet than the ones inside that big building in Elk Grove Village.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I hope you're simataniously working on Kiss.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I hope you're simataniously working on Kiss.

Of course man.

Now don't make me post more or else I'll get canned. I'm at a nightclub working photos right now, lol. Stay tuned.

#29 8 years ago

This is all JJP's fault (joke)

If they would have shipped Hobbit in 2013 or 2014 or 2015 or 201... Stern wouldn't get away with this

Thanks for the info Jared

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If you all need to take out frustration me for some reason, well, that's ok.

Jared, you're the best. No one should be mad at you, you're just the messenger, and also a very prompt one. But the Stern code stuff is years in the making, and frankly it's just not "obvious" yet that it's truly being fixed. You're just hearing the frustration.

Here's what I hear people saying, over and over:

They know WWE sure isn't done, even after all this time after its release, but at least it got a Facebook post saying code is coming. That's a real start. This update clouded it, but Jared appeared right away and cleared it up. So progress. It's a start. That's the positive side, in a fashion at least.

But ...

How long has Kiss been shipping? Anyone consider that game at all done? Seriously, raise your hand.

I think people just don't feel like much else has changed yet. Is there a Kiss update coming? If so, don't the people who bought the game deserve to know that too? I mean, I assume it is. I doubt many hands shot up in my previous paragraph. But why make people assume? Is it really that hard to just say "Kiss isn't done yet, we hope you're enjoying it, but wait until you see what more we have in store for you!" Why is that some big secret?

I know, I'm doing contract work on Alien, I'm a "competitor". But do you think that I'm going to say to Andrew "shit, Stern announced they're working on Kiss code, like we all assumed, we'd better double our efforts on Alien!"

What does it hurt? It doesn't give competitors an edge that I can see. And it helps your customers.

Because I'm a customer too, not just a guy helping design another pin. I don't buy brands, I buy games. Metallica and Tron are some of my all time favorite games. I own ACDC Premium, and Star Trek was my first NIB game. I like Stern games! Why not reassure us, as buyers, that you're taking care of business?

I dunno, I don't get it. I think being transparent and honest gets you much further, and doesn't weaken your position.

That's how I've seen the frustration at least, as someone who has no skin in the WWE or Kiss game, but would like to feel comfortable buying a title in the future. Just a little communication would make people so much more relaxed. And I'm struggling to see the downside.

#31 8 years ago

I'll say this though, to be totally fair: Game of Thrones seems to have shipped with much more final code from the early reports. And even though the game is delayed a little, the code seems to be seeing regular updates still. My guess is that by the time you get your LE there will be a pretty solid game in there. Hats off to Dwight and Stern for that.

I'm just guessing, but given how long GoT has been in the works, we seem to know that for sure, it probably got more code time than recent games. Maybe that will be a firewall that lets the next games be better.

And if any of the VE rumors are true maybe that will buy some more time for the coders too, who knows.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Jared, you're the best. No one should be mad at you, you're just the messenger, and also a very prompt one. But the Stern code stuff is years in the making, and frankly it's just not "obvious" yet that it's truly being fixed. You're just hearing the frustration.
Here's what I hear people saying, over and over:
They know WWE sure isn't done, even after all this time after its release, but at least it got a Facebook post saying code is coming. That's a real start. This update clouded it, but Jared appeared right away and cleared it up. So progress. It's a start. That's the positive side, in a fashion at least.
But ...
How long has Kiss been shipping? Anyone consider that game at all done? Seriously, raise your hand.
I think people just don't feel like much else has changed yet. Is there a Kiss update coming? If so, don't the people who bought the game deserve to know that too? I mean, I assume it is. I doubt many hands shot up in my previous paragraph. But why make people assume? Is it really that hard to just say "Kiss isn't done yet, we hope you're enjoying it, but wait until you see what more we have in store for you!" Why is that some big secret?
I know, I'm doing contract work on Alien, I'm a "competitor". But do you think that I'm going to say to Andrew "shit, Stern announced they're working on Kiss code, like we all assumed, we'd better double our efforts on Alien!"
What does it hurt? It doesn't give competitors an edge that I can see. And it helps your customers.
Because I'm a customer too, not just a guy helping design another pin. I don't buy brands, I buy games. Metallica and Tron are some of my all time favorite games. I own ACDC Premium, and Star Trek was my first NIB game. I like Stern games! Why not reassure us, as buyers, that you're taking care of business?
I dunno, I don't get it. I think being transparent and honest gets you much further, and doesn't weaken your position.
That's how I've seen the frustration at least, as someone who has no skin in the WWE or Kiss game, but would like to feel comfortable buying a title in the future. Just a little communication would make people so much more relaxed. And I'm struggling to see the downside.

I agree with everything you said. The problem goes even further back from what I've heard. It seems Wheel of Fortune and Avengers suffer from a lack of completed code so Jared can't really say that it's "obvious" that they are working on code. Stern should work to repair customer relations when it comes to these issues.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I agree with everything you said. The problem goes even further back from what I've heard. It seems Wheel of Fortune and Avengers suffer from a lack of completed code so Jared can't really say that it's "obvious" that they are working on code.

I think it's time to let WoF go. It was a casualty of Stern almost going out of business. The programmer, Keith Johnson, was laid off. It's not his fault. And Stern was down to Borg and Lonnie running the show. They couldn't work on WoF. They nearly went under.

What would have happened to pinball if they hadn't managed to scramble back after the new partnership?

So I think WoF needs a pass after all this.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The code for KISS is hopefully not headed in the same direction the code for ST went.

Rob

#35 8 years ago

And I'm just over here wanting to know when I can expect my GoT Premium that I plopped 6+K on without the ever handy "Stay Tuned!" reply from Stern.

#36 8 years ago

I can not download the file 1.20

#37 8 years ago

Wow, I really had my hopes up last week after the announcement and was super excited when I woke up today and saw the update was on.
And seconds later I have to find out that it is basically nothing with another "stay tuned" message.

How long do we have to wait before we actually get a code that makes this game enjoyable? And how many more GOT updates do I have to watch in that timespan? A game that was just released gets all the attention and WWE got nothing in almost a year. The message behind this from Stern could not be any more clear.

I´ll put it this way: You feed the starving dog first, not the one that has just been fed.

Adding insult to injury, the Pro Code isn´t even on. Thank you, really.

#38 8 years ago

I think it's great that a stern employee comes on here to provide an update...thanks Jared for doing this, it is appreciated. However, the history on code updates isn't great and I take the view that I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll go back to my earlier comment on avengers, there are major bugs that stern is aware of, but has done nothing about it. I'm talking about the H bounce back,lack of a spinner rule and no dots for the wizard mode, to name a few. That's an unfinished game. I really feel bad for the wwe guys that are still waiting months and months for a functional game.

We get cryptic comments about updates, but then months go by with nothing, that's simply unacceptable. Because of my experience with avengers, I will not buy a NIB again unless I feel the code is largely complete. IMve fit this criteria and I bought it, TWD now seems to be at this point to so I'm thinking about it.

Again, very much appreciated that stern will interact with us here and we should be respectful of that, but we need more than crumbs given how much these games now cost.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's time to let WoF go. It was a casualty of Stern almost going out of business. The programmer, Keith Johnson, was laid off. It's not his fault. And Stern was down to Borg and Lonnie running the show. They couldn't work on WoF. They nearly went under.
What would have happened to pinball if they hadn't managed to scramble back after the new partnership?
So I think WoF needs a pass after all this.

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

#41 8 years ago

You all want code ??? Go get your picket sighns and stand infront of sterns bussiness !!! Hell grab your tents grab your gear block the workers from going in the factory gosh damit pinball players on strike !!!

#42 8 years ago

Well, they could have at least fixed the GI bugs but I guess 11 months aren´t enough to get the GI to work properly. Does the GI work on GOT? I bet...

Too bad that I´m stuck with WWE. Stern has already killed the game´s reputation by not supporting it so it doesn´t have much resale value.

Edit: After installing the update, the GI problems on my Pro got even worse. I don´t believe it.

#43 8 years ago

thank you

#44 8 years ago

I may buy one if they finish code also I feel very sorry for the current owners and want to believe it will be fixed at some point

#45 8 years ago

I think time frames need to be implemented and shared with people. So for instance say we're looking at having a first update 6 months from first release and have that communicated to the world. And if that changes to being 8 months then as the 6 month scheduled date is coming up then say hey guys we need a couple more months to get things right on xyz code should be out in 8 more weeks. That would make people think hey yeah they're actually working on the code and trying to make my game MORE fun than it already is! It would give a light for people to look at and take all the wonder out of are they just going to run off and leave my new game untouched

Just like the yeah more Avengers code is coming but when! Give me a time frame then I won't be disappointed or upset that I haven't heard anything since the GOT video was done and that other games have had a tonne more releases than what Avengers had! And the most important thing is let people know if you're not on track! They won't be disappointed they will understand! Unless you drag the chain like JJP.... Not prepurchasing anything pinball ever again due to them!

We're not asking for masterpieces out of the box just knowing that our games are being worked on in a TIMELY manner to make them great is enough

#46 8 years ago

I enjoyed playing WWE even though I don't like watching the "sport" I'd get one for the right price here

#47 8 years ago

New Post from Stern on Facebook

Dear Stern Pinball Fans, Players & Operators,
Stern is absolutely committed to code updates and games with great code on them!
Every day that the factory is open, several of our team members are working on code updates for machines that have already been released. Some of our team members even work on these updates at their own homes out of pure passion for the hobby. In 2015 we have been investing in people and have hired several new team members to help meet the growing demands for all aspects of the business at Stern. The product development team at Stern has never been more busy!
In 2015 we have released a large amount of updates, Whoa Nellie, Metallica, The Walking Dead and KISS in July, The Walking Dead and KISS again in August, Game of Thrones twice this month, and now WWE. That is 9 code updates released in just 5 months, nearly 2 every 30 days average.
We cannot give specific release dates of upcoming code or details on what is being worked on and when because the process is iterative. There are so many factors that dictate what is being worked on, and when, and what.
The games are going to be good out of the box, and then improve from there. This is bearing in mind that the vast majority of people in the world who are stepping up to a machine are playing for 3-5 minutes and earning money for operators. We understand a growing segment of pinball owners keep machines in their homes and for this reason demand enhanced and more complex gameplay. We are happy to satisfy those demands with code updates released on our website.
WWE in particular has been the cause of some discussion recently with the release of Code 1.20, and we can say that the next WWE code update featuring updates and enhancements to game-play and features is already in development. We are so excited for you to play it!
Every Stern game from WWE to Avengers to KISS to The Walking Dead and in between: is fun. We are absolutely committed to making fun games, making quality games, and providing improvements and enhanced functionality with code updates over time.
Thank you.

#48 8 years ago

An automatic factory reset after code update will set the number of games played back to zero. Along with other vital performance stats. Kind of like resetting your odometer back to zero after you change the plugs. Not great for a potential buyer looking for "honest" low plays.

#49 8 years ago

With the 1.2 code, I have a problem with the GI. They do not light at the start, they come back on the second ball.
solution ?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Sorry, this is not the policy to dicuss. Frankly, I was surprised that we revealed that a WWE code "was coming" on facebook. That's not typical.
I mean, not only are past games being worked on code wise, but there are also games in the future in all kinds of stages of development. I can't go on about the subject...

I appreciate the response.

Obviously future games wouldn't be leaked this way, but I guess my request could be whittled down a bit to this: how about a list of games that Stern views as "completed"? That would help everyone from owners to Stern themselves avoid bad situations like WOF where folks have waited literally for years for something that Stern would know is never going to happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wwe-lepro-code-update-v120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.