Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wppr.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Yes. The original plan of 100/75/50/25/0 and adding that 4th year of decay was scrapped. This was due to the high pain in the ass level of carrying events under the 'old way' and 'new way' at the same time. Expanding that decay to 4 years meant we had to carry those 'old way' results for an extra year.
    We'll revisit the decay once we have 4 years of 'new way' results.
    Funny enough it actually had very little impact on the top 250-300 rankings by keeping that 4th year at 25%.

I propose we all start at zero.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I just did that last year, I don't wanna do it again.
    I see what you are saying though. But, my state rank is more important to me than my world rank. At some point that will change, but for now I'm heavy in-state with hopes to travel a little this year.

I was just joking.

1 month later
    #108 9 years ago

All this WPPR talk is making me hungry.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #201 9 years ago

I was just looking at this. Not sure if I am following or are the numbers reversed.

From site:

3 STRIKES:
    2 players: 5 rounds
    3-4 players: 8 rounds
    5-8 players: 11 rounds
    9-16 players: 14 rounds
    17-32 players: 17 rounds
    33-64 players: 20 rounds
    65-128 players: 23 rounds
    129-256 players: 26 rounds

Shouldn't the 2 players need to play 26 rounds and the 129+ players only have to play 5 rounds to max TGP.

#208 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

It's the longest path for any one player. In strike (knockout) events the maximum number of possible rounds is what we list. Assuming each round is 1 game played per match you can't artificially create more rounds as players will be eliminated during the strike process.

Quoted from Snailman:

The 5 rounds for 2 players is the maximum # of meaningful games they'll play, or 20% TGP. The table isn't the # of rounds to get max TGP

Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wppr-system-is-out?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.