Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wppr.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 9 years ago

What about making the metric whether the player is ranked, rather than rated. Effectively making it so that a player will add to the base points value as long as they have played in ONE IFPA event previously, not FIVE. This would eliminate the brand new player artificially inflating the event value, but reward a league or tourney that gets repeat customers. We have a lot of local players who don't travel much, if at all. Having them have to compete in 5 events locally could take 1-2 years.

#153 9 years ago

These results are messed up as a direct result of the WPPR changes. I sent a couple emails and have not heard back. Josh, I understand you are extremely busy, so I understand the delay. Could you maybe ask Brian to look at this? Also, what is the submission process going forward for leagues? We run an 11 week league, 3 times per year. In the past I did not have to submit anything, it was just an ongoing thing on the results submission page.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=7766#results

You will see that the dates do not match and the WPPR calculation was done with 4.0, when it should have been 5.0.

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Chris - I had a feeling this was going to be a problem when I saw your results come in over the Pin-Masters broadcast
    All IFPA Leagues need to register their league seasons here:
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/leagues/register.php
    With the overhaul of how Brian feeds submissions to generate results entries, every league needs to be registered so the results entry is waiting for you once your season is done.
    Previously you could simply submit league results anytime you wanted by manually entering the date.
    There was a bug that was displaying the 'latest' league season date as available for submission, so it looks like you just force submitted your 2015 results under the 2014 results entry. This of course overwrote your 2014 results with the ones you submitted
    (Don't feel bad, this has happened a few times with league organizers just assuming we could fix the date on our end - which we CAN'T. Everything is now fed through the original submission entry with respect to the date of the event - league or tournament)
    I'm going to delete the results from entry 7766. Please register that November 2014 season and the March 2015 seasons with us. Once approved you should see the results entries pop up in your drop down box for submission.
    Josh

Thanks Josh. I just submitted those two seasons using the form.

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

That meant whoever drew Zach randomly for that first match was really pleased

I'm sure whoever drew you in the first round was super ecstatic as well!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wppr-system-is-out?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.