I like 5.0 more than 4.0 ( the occurrence of 5 people tournaments getting 25 points was way off ). The one thing i really liked about 4.0 though is the certanty of the set base points for a tournament. With 5.0 setting base points directly equals number of people. It would be nice to get back to having a tournament have a known base points ahead of time and adjust base points based on overall rating numbers
-for example under 5,000 total rating points of all the players combined rating points, not counting rating under 1285.71 would divide base points by 200%
- 5-10,000 total rating points would reduce base points by 150%
- 10-20,000 rating points would reduce base points by 100%
- 20-40 rating points would reduce base points by 50 %
- 40-60 rating points would not change base points
- 60,000 - 80,000 rating points would increase base points by 50%
- 80,000 - 100,000 would increase base points by 75%.
- 100,000 plus would increase base points by 100%
Have all tournaments set at 16 base points ( weekend weekday, doesn't matter) and then adjust base for total rating points and then grade with TGP.
Huge # tournaments would reach the 32 base points, small tournaments would start at about 4 base points and would need to play 25 games to achieve all of them.
This might not be practical for various reasons but i figured i'd throw it out there so it stops bouncing around in my head.