Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wppr.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamethrower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Probably... But for now we're going to keep letting organizers be creative as our game allows us to run a ton of different formats with different motivations behind the kind of situations it puts players in.

I really enjoy experiencing a variety of formats and experimenting with new formats, both as a player and an organizer. I appreciate that IFPA allows this and hope the policy will continue!

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Either way you still had to produce, and the randomness of pinball is part of the fun so minimizing it makes sense but maybe there's a middle ground for things especially like launch parties just so TDs don't try and make them super long just to maximize WPPRs?

Part of the responsibility for this falls on the players to communicate to tournament organizers what they want. I have had many, many conversations with local players about event formats or potential event formats since the switch to WPPR 5.0, and they almost universally ask for formats that maximize the tournament value. I know other local organizers I've spoken with have gotten similar feedback.

My personal preference for most of my events is to use formats that may not be worth as much but that get everyone a lot of play and don't last forever. But I keep hearing from players that this isn't what they want. Take Sunday's event, for example. By the time we reached playoffs, everyone was tired and probably crashing after all the sugar and it was clear that everyone would have been happier with those matches being best-of-1. But I had announced it as best-of-3 because of conversations with a bunch of players who were all insistent that the extra time is worth it to make the event grade out better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamethrower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wppr-system-is-out?tu=flamethrower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.